Which moment sold you on Wilson?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The Kansas City game in pre-season sealed the deal for Carroll and I'm sure a lot of people came around to the idea of starting Wilson but I mean specifically which moment exactly convinced you that Seattle should stick with Wilson and forgot about Flynn.

For me, the ridiculous scramble while gaining a first down and the amazing finish vs. New England sealed it for me. I thought right then, this is the guy.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
I looked at the schedule wrong. I don't remember the exact moment, but it was in the middle of the season at some point after wavering early on.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The New England game sealed it for me. There was no second guessing from that point on.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
I had followed him a little while at Wisconsin but the thing that made me believe he'd be a superstar was when I watched his Gruden camp. I was a Russell Wilson hipster I guess you could say haha.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
When I saw him beat the pants off Kansas City. It was one of the limited times that I get to see the Seahawks on TV. I look forward to that particular preseason game every year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It was the comeback against New England. You could see him will the team to victory. That's when I recognized the team belonged to him now. As some of you well know, I was a very vocal supporter of starting Flynn up until that point.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I thought we might have something in Wilson after the New England game, but the Lions game sealed it for me because it was on the road and he played excellent football. We didn't lose that game because of him.

themunn

Reaction score
honestly?

Tennessee.
Even though he was playing "scrubs" I just knew he was something special and would be the best QB this team has ever seen.

The moment that convinced me he will be one of the greatest QBs ANY team will ever see was the Atlanta game. The pro bowl confirmed that belief.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Oh, I totally forgot about the pro bowl. Even though it's an exhibition game, that was awesome to see. I really think both the Atlanta game and the Pro Bowl convinced Pete and John to acquire a top flight target and led to getting Harvin more than the regular season games.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":1lkaye6v said:
The moment that convinced me he will be one of the greatest QBs ANY team will ever see was the Atlanta game. The pro bowl confirmed that belief.
Agreed. That was a true defining moment even more than Chicago.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I was convinced he should be the starter during the pre-season, specifically the KC game, but I probably wasn't convinced he was the franchise guy until that New England game. After that I was sold. Which made it that much harder to be there in person to watch that game in SF where the receivers weren't helping him at all. Thats when I realized that if this team was going to lose a game it wasn't going to be because of their 'too short' QB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I was 100% sold after the Kansas City game and reading/watching everything that was available on the internet about him before Week 1. Haven't wavered for even a second since then. Can proudly say I never wanted to see Flynn start a game at any point during the regular season.

When did I first think Wilson might be something special? Probably the moment he tossed that bomb to Braylon Edwards vs. Tennessee and the entire stadium collectively gasped in awe.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
As others have stated, the New England game. It was a terrific comeback that let us know that Wilson was a competitor through and through.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
He has that very rare "Born Leader" in him and from listening to him talk almost from day one he had me.

As far as the 100% clincher I think it was the NE and Bears games for me.

GO HAWKS!!!

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
KC in preseason and then more each game up to the NE game where I knew we had the most promising QB in the league.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Even though I wasn't 100% convinced till later, I was pulling for the guy ever since my father and I saw him at the first training camp. He just looked a lot more like a QB than the other guys wearing the red jerseys. They looked like they were 'hanging out'; he looked like he was the leader. Everyone stopped to watch him play. Usually everyone was standing around watching when they were doing these kinds of practices but there was a noticeable difference in how guys were paying attention when he was up there. I think that by that point people had met him and were probably genuinely struck by his presence.

Hawks7

Latest posts