Where was Russell Wilson Yesterday?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2hnpd86x said:
Popeyejones":2hnpd86x said:
^^^^ I like Wilson, but his QB rating was kinda Tebow-ish for the game.

He had a few huge chunk plays (off of a circus catch and two jump balls) but overall I think it was actually a pretty mediocre day for him.

(and I'm saying this within the context of also not blaming him for that last interception, which was just an amazing defensive play and not his fault, IMO).

I thought it was higher than Brady's.. no?

It was...he still finished with 110 Rating..if they had just ran it or caught the TD he has a QB rating that is better than last years and another top 10 superbowl history QB rating

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1se906ur said:
brettb3":1se906ur said:
Wilson was fantastic until the final play. Nobody was open in the first quarter.

Ehh, I think Wilson made a great throw on the final play of that drive. Butler just made an even better play.

Also, regardless of team, "nobody was open" is how fans who love their QB explain away their QB's mediocre days. heck, fully half of Wilson's yards on a good *statistical* day came from exceptional plays by his receivers. I just don't buy the "nobody was open" argument, and I'm pretty used to it, being a 9ers fan and all.

If anything I think Hawks fans should feel lucky that they don't have to lean on the "nobody was open" schtick nearly as much as 9ers fans do. :lol:

Wilson was very very good sunday, but the last pass is a text book example of where NOT to throw a slant. Down and on the hip or in the gut, not up and away.

I cant believe they didnt just let him scramble, run it if he could, pass if it someone breaks wide open, throw it away when the pressure gets too much.

How is a slant called over that option?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It's a Niner fan. They look for reasons why our QB plays better than Kaep despite having a way worse WR/TE corp matched against Revis and Browner.