When Ward went out

cymatica

Reaction score
Did they even attack Wards backup once when he went out? I remember 1 pass to DK in double coverage that was a pick. If I'm Shane, I'm attacking their backup corner until SF adjusts.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It doesn't feel like they did but I almost want to rewatch it and see

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not really is what I saw and you could tell DK was frustrated...I do think two throws in his direction were picked though if I'm not mistaken?? I thought DK was gonna put up over a 100 yds yesterday.

nwHawk

Reaction score
They mixed up there scheme and Hawks didn’t adjust their plays. Sounds all too familiar.

sutz

Reaction score
They were giving the replacement safety help. DK was doubled most of the rest of the game, thus the throws into double coverage.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Drew in his presser said they switched to have safety help overtop on DK once Ward went out, more of a two man shadow zone than Ward 1:1. One would think if Drew can so easily identify that, the OC would be smart enough to not dial up only go routes for DK the rest of the game. But considering he had almost no targets following their first drive, and from memory I don't recall seeing DK over the middle much, sounds like Waldron and co once again didn't adjust.

It shouldn't be this hard getting star athletes the ball consistently every game. Occasional stinker happens, every other good offense makes sure it doesn't happen often. Armchair fan thinks the frustrations boiling over from DK are part of this, coupled with Pete identifying that before the Cowboys game, Waldron wasn't doing a good enough job putting their stars into winning situations.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jsn got the jitters on that one pass as he was coming across the middle...slowed up to avoid a hit..anyone catch that?
I did. Boy among men after that play.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
They were giving the replacement safety help. DK was doubled most of the rest of the game, thus the throws into double coverage.
I would think they could have found ways to move DK around and isolate him but of course, we don't do that

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Drew in his presser said they switched to have safety help overtop on DK once Ward went out, more of a two man shadow zone than Ward 1:1. One would think if Drew can so easily identify that, the OC would be smart enough to not dial up only go routes for DK the rest of the game. But considering he had almost no targets following their first drive, and from memory I don't recall seeing DK over the middle much, sounds like Waldron and co once again didn't adjust.

It shouldn't be this hard getting star athletes the ball consistently every game. Occasional stinker happens, every other good offense makes sure it doesn't happen often. Armchair fan thinks the frustrations boiling over from DK are part of this, coupled with Pete identifying that before the Cowboys game, Waldron wasn't doing a good enough job putting their stars into winning situations.
I really can't blame DK for losing his cool any more. I would be pissed if I had to deal with stupid coaching wasting my talent

renofox

Reaction score
Trade DK - For DK's sake.

He could have a great career elsewhere. I'll never understand why he re-signed with the Seahawks. I feel sorry for the kid.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Wait you mean our OC DC and HC don’t adjust and are screwing young talent development?

So with this glaringly obvious issue we will have to wait until 2025 or beyond for any move. Beyond frustrating.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I really can't blame DK for losing his cool any more. I would be pissed if I had to deal with stupid coaching wasting my talent

And the craziest part is they are actually pass happy now, something Russ wanted forever and have a trio of genuinely great WR's. They just don't have anything remotely creative to run once the opening script is completed. It honestly feels like they dumb down DK's route tree to a go or dig rather than utilize the guy bigger than most TE's and faster than most WR's over the middle. It is absolutely insane to me they don't scheme mismatches with him against LB's ALL GAME. Look how McVay and Shanahan exploit Bobby and Jamal in coverage with their superstar WR's, you see it happening before the QB even throws the ball. When is the last time DK got matched against a linebacker due to pre-snap alignment/scheme?

And I know his skill set traditionally is great for a deep ball so him being outside hoping for a 1:1 shot is a big part of the scheme. But just look at how other teams use Justin Jefferson, Davante (when his coaches aren't idiots), Tyreek Hill, Jamar Chase. They are lined up everywhere! They know their WR is better than the other team and give them opportunities for a mismatch. I watch all these highlights of DK and it's basically - hope he beats his man off the line for a go ball. The usage of him against Dallas was the first time in forever I thought the coaching staff finally broke out from their vanilla tendencies.

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The TD play to Parkinson was a thing of beauty. Spread the ball around more instead of trying to force it to DK. I like DK but this seems pretty basic to me.

renofox

Reaction score
And the craziest part is they are actually pass happy now, something Russ wanted forever and have a trio of genuinely great WR's. They just don't have anything remotely creative to run once the opening script is completed. It honestly feels like they dumb down DK's route tree to a go or dig rather than utilize the guy bigger than most TE's and faster than most WR's over the middle. It is absolutely insane to me they don't scheme mismatches with him against LB's ALL GAME. Look how McVay and Shanahan exploit Bobby and Jamal in coverage with their superstar WR's, you see it happening before the QB even throws the ball. When is the last time DK got matched against a linebacker due to pre-snap alignment/scheme?

And I know his skill set traditionally is great for a deep ball so him being outside hoping for a 1:1 shot is a big part of the scheme. But just look at how other teams use Justin Jefferson, Davante (when his coaches aren't idiots), Tyreek Hill, Jamar Chase. They are lined up everywhere! They know their WR is better than the other team and give them opportunities for a mismatch. I watch all these highlights of DK and it's basically - hope he beats his man off the line for a go ball. The usage of him against Dallas was the first time in forever I thought the coaching staff finally broke out from their vanilla tendencies.
Even worse, both QBs consistently underthrow him on 9-routes.

How often do you see him catch one in stride? 1 in 20?

He always has to slow down and wait for the ball, allowing the defender to close the gap. Hell, half the balls thrown his way you would think the defender was the target.