What's Marshawn's cap hit?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Someone said it up thread but some don’t seem to have seen it. All contracts have to be approved by the NFL to be official so there is no salary reporting by the team. The NFL has that number once they approve the contract. The question here is the process by which they make that information available so it gets published by sites like over the cap. With the holidays and all it just may take a bit longer but it will come out eventually and it won’t be an issue. I don’t think I’ve seen a contract structure by this front office that is really out of whack.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Speaking of cap space and cap hits, I found this tiny bit of information on another page. Thought it was interesting.

"No June 1 allocations this year with CBA in final year

In March [Todd Gurley] will not only guarantee his 2019 salary but also his 2020 roster bonus of $7.55 million. Once that happens the cost to release Gurley in 2020 would be over $20 million on the cap. Because this is the final league year of the CBA there is no June 1 provision so they would need to absorb that full number if they were to cut him.

This is the first contract that seems to have some acknowledgement of a potential work stoppage in 2020 based on the roster bonus language."

I know we are in the playoffs, but always think about the future too.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Largent80":gxz67xv0 said:
The question is irrelevant. Tons of cap.

Also, why does it matter if it's the end of the season and it's only through the existing season?

Seymour

Reaction score
Never irrelevant!!

What we don't use this season can roll over next year and give us more to work with...so yes it matters.

He is making league minimum. About 60K per game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seymour":30j0v8kp said:
Never irrelevant!!

What we don't use this season can roll over next year and give us more to work with...so yes it matters.

He is making league minimum. About 60K per game.

Yep. He’s playing because he wants to play and Seattle and Oakland are the two teams he wants to play for. Salary is secondary.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... years-old/

Latest posts