What would you give to pair Russ with a top 10 ALL TIME wr?

Sac

Reaction score
Show me a wide receiver that has a similar work ethic that RW has and RW will help make him a top 10 all time WR.

Won't have to give up much, we'll just have to find that diamond in the rough.

KillerB

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ecxd399 said:
I"m not sure any of that is feasable..
however I have an alternative..

Al Toon

That's Nick Toon. Al Toon's son. Al was a Pro Bowl receiver 25 years ago.

NYCoug

Reaction score
sutz":1a0pbp7d said:
Meh. Whoever teams up with Wilson for the next few years might just turn into a top 10 receiver. ;)

It's much better when the "stars" emerge from your team than it is trying to trade for them.

I want home grown talent, not retreads.

Very well said. I agree.

And I'm also in agreement with Shark here. I think Tavon Austin, if paired with Russell Wilson, would have an excellent career. I'm a big fan of his and he'd be a NIGHTMARE playing in the same offense with Marshawn, Russell, etc. I know everybody's enamored with the taller, bigger WR's these days but you usually want those guys for the red zone and situations where they can use their size to their advantage. I don't think that will matter much with Russ at QB. He seems to be able to spread the ball around at will in the red zone leading to his amazing red zone efficiency.

Somebody like Austin who could not only stretch and take the top off the defense with his blazing speed as well as be a nuisance after the catch, that's the kind of guy I'd want. We all know PC/JS are all about guys with "unique skill sets." Well, look no further then Tavon Austin.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I would like a top wr. Who wouldn't. But I wouldn't give up the world for one. RW is the type of qb that can make his wr's better than they are. Similar to Peyton Manning. His insane work ethic and attention to detail is the sort of thing that helps build chemistry with his wr's.

Having Russell Wilson doesn't make me want an all world wr more. It makes me want one less. I'd still like one. But give Russell time with a unit of wr's, as he's had this season now, and just give him solid ones. He'll help with the rest.

run and shoot

Reaction score
We don't run an offense needing of a top receiver, our receivers are doing rather well. If anything another Tate type receiver would really be nice someone who once the ball is in their hands is electric YAC is where it's at.

skater18000

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1wdrs6fq said:
We could easily get the most electric receiver in this draft, and I don't think any trades are required. Tavon Austin from West Virginia. He's smallish.... he reminds me of a guy with Cliff Branch's size, Steve Largent's hands, Darryl Turner's break-away speed, Joey Galloway's confidence and build, and Russell Wilson's moves and intelligence and work-habits. Now tell me... does that sound like a guy who with a great QB throwing to him could become a top 10 receiver? Sure does to me. Even better than that... he's a great kid. Works hard, is kind and giving, and is a Mack Strong type of personality, he is an honor roll student in college and played his whole "contract" (scholarship) out and had a redshirt year to improve his game, but also to finish his degree and honor his commitment, so unlike a lot of receivers, I think Tavon is ready day 1 and can be used as a returner, receiver either in the slot or the outside, and has even played running back (oh the thought of the trickeration or even the threat of it are awesome). I think he's like Golden Tate, but he'll put it together a lot sooner. He moves in the open field like a cheetah. It's amazing to watch him run after the catch. He glides and everybody else seems stuck in glue.

There are chances to draft some really fine receivers this year. Some really good chances. I'd take Tavon with our first rounder and wouldn't look back.

This^ (Dream offseason plan 1. Tavon Austin 2. LB to compete with Hill/Smith 3. Resign Branch and not Jason Jones and draft a DT to compete with Branch/Howard/Scruggs to eventually take over)

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
Dwayne Bowe, though I love what Tate and Rice are doing out there, they seem fragile in this physical type offense and Rice is always nicked up. Tate needs to do some serious upped body work this season. All that being said, I'm extremely happy with what they've done this year. I would want that physical wide receiver like Bowe and Coach Carroll has shown interest in those types before, i.e. Brandon Marshall.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":m4csa8f6 said:
BlueTalon":m4csa8f6 said:
If we could get a Super Bowl win, I'd give my left nut. And I'm not joking.
Fixed it for you Talon. :mrgreen:
Not having Fitz would be a deal breaker for me.

I would, however, give it up for three Super Bowl wins. I'd give up both for five -- or for three SB wins and a meteor hitting Pittsburgh during a steelers/49ers game.

OP
OP
sturg78

sturg78

Reaction score
run and shoot":b9z4wtjm said:
We don't run an offense needing of a top receiver, our receivers are doing rather well. If anything another Tate type receiver would really be nice someone who once the ball is in their hands is electric YAC is where it's at.

I agree that we have the offense and the QB to make any receiver good but think of what a good offense and great QB could do with a top 10 WR like Fitz, Johnson, or... Johnson. That's Young/Rice, Manning/Harrison/Wayne, Cunningham/Moss/Carter, etc. Seems like most of those dynamic duos have a ring or two.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bobblehead":4booxr8t said:
I"m not sure any of that is feasable..
however I have an alternative..

Al Toon

Al Toon was his fav receiver from WI who was drafted by NO and is still with NO. I think he sat out this year with a injury of some sort, but him and RW connected pretty good in college.

Besides, why would Pheonix give up their one real star who is an outstanding community person as well for a QB and be left with a QB but no receiver? Would make no sense to me.

Might be able to get Dockett though.

Hey Bob,
Do you mean Nick as in Nick Toon. Al has been retired for awhile now.

Latest posts