What The 49ers Are Saying About The Seattle Seahawks

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey Joe Bart....Defensive turnovers lead to points in most cases. And in case you HAVEN'T noticed the Seahawks have one (1) offensive touchdown in 2 games.

Also, IF the defense was "lights out" the Hawks would be 2-0 but the mighty Case Keenum converted critical 3rd downs vs. the Hawks.

This teams defense is built to make turnovers which directly influence the offense, so I hope you now understand a little bit more about whining that the defense isn't getting it done in that dept. This is more than this year, last year was the same and this team barely made the playoffs.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
JoeBart324":3f5apfkp said:
dogorama":3f5apfkp said:
Largent80":3f5apfkp said:
The defense is one of 3 teams that doesn't have a turnover, hardly punishing.

I get criticizing the offense, but criticizing the defense? Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it?

Teams are averaging around 250 yds a game. Yes, that is a "punishing" defense, any way you look at it.

Niners fan here. Maybe my first post here, can't remember. I don't understand some of the posters here knocking Seattle's defense for not getting turnovers. From all accounts and my observation of their two games, the defense has played absolutely lights out through two games, turnovers notwithstanding. They've largely been on point and handling their assignments. There is very little yards after catch and the run defense has been great for the most part (I'd have to go back to the tape but I don't recall any huge run against Seattle).

Good post-Joe, and yes, you are correct, it is the offense's responsibility to score pts, not the defenses. Anytime you are averaging holding teams to 250 yds and 9.5 points a game not only are you playing lights out, you are playing at an NFL record-setting pace.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey dog, let me throw you a bone......When the defense gets a turnover, it HELPS the offense score. Is that easy enough to understand?

The Seahawks had the undaunting task of handling Case Keenum, and couldn't keep him from beating them. Couldn't force that critical game turning fumble or INT when the offense was not getting it done.

irocdave

Reaction score
Who would have imagined 2 years ago a niner fan could post on the main forum about a matchup the coming Sunday with the niners, and the pissing contest would be between two Hawk fans?

BTW Joe, the hate for niners fans comes directly from a niner fan site that goes by webzone. If your truly a niner fan I'm sure you have stepped foot in that cesspool of human scum. The references made by some posters in this thread regarding niner fans comments are very real and can be easily found, numerious times in that shit hole of a site. When I say shit hole, I am referencing the vocal majority on that site. The site from a mechanical standpoint is great, the human factor is what makes it a cesspool. I cant use stronger words to describe the scum of the earth people that post on that site like El Guapo on our main forum or I will be provided a 2 week vacation again. If you honestly doubt this, go check it out for yourself.

JoeBart324

Reaction score
Largent80":2rrhom6d said:
Hey dog, let me throw you a bone......When the defense gets a turnover, it HELPS the offense score. Is that easy enough to understand?

The Seahawks had the undaunting task of handling Case Keenum, and couldn't keep him from beating them. Couldn't force that critical game turning fumble or INT when the offense was not getting it done.

I think many fans, and coaches for that matter, would argue the defense's first and foremost job is to stop the opposing offense. To that effect, the Seahawks have been tremendous throughout the first two weeks. Turnovers are really an added bonus, despite the stress folks put on them.

As for you comment regarding the Seahawks facing the "undaunting" task of facing Keenum, they largely held him at bay. If the offense could have put up one touchdown, that is a completely different game. I know the Seahawks have been absolutely ridiculous in creating turnovers in recent memory, but turnovers have a way of evening out over the long haul. They are great when they happen, but I don't think teams should rely on the defense creating turnovers to stay in the game.

The offense's job is to score points, and the defense's job is to stop the opposing offense. In a scoring league the offense needs to be able to get points. I have no doubt the Seahawks will be able to turn their offense around as the season progresses, as much as it may pain me to say that lol. It has been their modus operandi for a few seasons now. They start out slow in the first half of the season and seem to turn it on as the season progresses.

Bluesbro

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":rs7yzlpm said:
Sounds like all of the coaches and players are working hard to make the necessary adjustments. I have faith in this, it will be a good game. Those whiner fans are pretty confident. Seems Gabbert may be the second coming of montana, going off of the faith they have that he can put up 30 against this defense. So far I have read how overrated our QB is. How they wish our players would get hurt, and how they wish pc would drop dead of a heart attack. What a great group of people they are. I hope all of you going to the game harass the hell out of them, non violently of course. Oh, and I like the whole cawk su**** name they have given us, really awesome. But, what do you expect from a fan base with the collective iq of a turd pile.

Painting with a broad brush there. If you are gleaning this info from the Webzone, well consider the source. Even so, not 'all' fans (even at that site) have that sentiment. Try the niners nation site for a much more reasoned 49er fan view.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Seriously hoping for the Hawks to shut the 9ers out so I can read how Largent throws more shade on the D.

Hawks 3 - SF 0
Would put this place on tilt......

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
You know if the offense converted more 3rd downs and kept the ball longer then maybe the defense would be less gassed and create more turnovers. See it works both ways. Our D is doing what they should. Asking more of them instead of our offense is out of touch with the game. No D is lights out, shout out, turnover mania every game. Even the 2013 season we were not that.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
JoeBart324":49ttdv9y said:
Jimjones0384":49ttdv9y said:
Sounds like all of the coaches and players are working hard to make the necessary adjustments. I have faith in this, it will be a good game. Those whiner fans are pretty confident. Seems Gabbert may be the second coming of montana, going off of the faith they have that he can put up 30 against this defense. So far I have read how overrated our QB is. How they wish our players would get hurt, and how they wish pc would drop dead of a heart attack. What a great group of people they are. I hope all of you going to the game harass the hell out of them, non violently of course. Oh, and I like the whole cawk su**** name they have given us, really awesome. But, what do you expect from a fan base with the collective iq of a turd pile.

Gabbert isn't the second coming of Montana. Not even close and I think most Niner fans would agree. He is simply a guy who shows really, really solid flashes now and then coupled with some incredibly moronic throws. He is the epitome of inconsistency.

I've also not personally read where anyone wishes a Hawk player to get hurt, or that Wilson is grossly overrated. But it is probably out there. I would never wish injury on another player as the game is their livelihood. They all have families to support and goals they wish to achieve. Wishing injury on a player is disgusting, but what would I know, I'm a heathen Niner fan?

Now, it could be very likely Pete will die of a heart attack from his ferocious gum chewing. That is something that perhaps should be looked at...

I would also like to say I'm not sure most Niner fans think this game is a gimme. In fact, from my experience the only reason they think this game may even be close has been Seattle's struggles on offense. Seattle's defense will likely stuff the Niners and I would predict a very low scoring, defensive game. It has the potential to be a rough one to watch. It also has the potential to be a blowout. My prediction is either a very tight game that could go either way, or a complete blowout with Seattle dominating.
Not to THIS niner fan. this niner fan thinks Blaine Gabbert is Plain Garbage. He's inaccurate, period. He needs to be benched. Unfortunately, there is no one else on the roster worth a damn either. This season is lost. We need a new quarterback. I have yet to see a single solid flash. I've seen throws that competent QBs make routinely. That's the best I've seen from him. But each one is sandwiched on either side by 3 or 4 throws undrafted rookies make.

Largent80

Reaction score
JoeBart324":2llggwrt said:
Largent80":2llggwrt said:

I think many fans, and coaches for that matter, would argue the defense's first and foremost job is to stop the opposing offense. To that effect, the Seahawks have been tremendous throughout the first two weeks. Turnovers are really an added bonus, despite the stress folks put on them.

As for you comment regarding the Seahawks facing the "undaunting" task of facing Keenum, they largely held him at bay. If the offense could have put up one touchdown, that is a completely different game. I know the Seahawks have been absolutely ridiculous in creating turnovers in recent memory, but turnovers have a way of evening out over the long haul. They are great when they happen, but I don't think teams should rely on the defense creating turnovers to stay in the game.

The offense's job is to score points, and the defense's job is to stop the opposing offense. In a scoring league the offense needs to be able to get points. I have no doubt the Seahawks will be able to turn their offense around as the season progresses, as much as it may pain me to say that lol. It has been their modus operandi for a few seasons now. They start out slow in the first half of the season and seem to turn it on as the season progresses.
Thanks Obe wan for telling us how a football game is supposed to work. But next time save it for a child. Our offense needs our defense to create turnovers. Is that clear. Or do you need a gazillion reasons other wise?

Largent80

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":29m6y7ud said:
Seriously hoping for the Hawks to shut the 9ers out so I can read how Largent throws more shade on the D.

Hawks 3 - SF 0
Would put this place on tilt......

What are you even talking about?... I said get some turnovers defense, opioid much?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Largent80":1hcy0t04 said:
The defense is one of 3 teams that doesn't have a turnover, hardly punishing.

Turnovers are plays of opportunity... Meaning they rely heavily on luck as well as skill. They will come eventually. Not worried. Yet.