What NFL innovations would you like to see?

theascension

Reaction score
The best sports I've ever watched are without commentators. Here in Canada there was quite a long period without commentary due to a strike iirc and it was awesome. Also Olympics via CBC etc. I agree with the above as well, just give me the all-22 angle please. Most of the commentators in the nfl are awful and boring.
I mean common Buck just calls this like it's a regular play:

[youtube]27XeNefwABw[/youtube]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm not the first person to think about this, (credit to kearly in fact) but updated IR rules. All or nothing for IR is stupid. Even the PUP doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
allow fighting. if two guys get heated enough at each other they can square off 1v1 and have to remove their helmets first. penalty - maybe have to sit out three plays.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Roster exemption for 1 each of K, P and LS.

All-22 Option for games.

PPV option for individual games. Special package for Sports bars.

End blackouts of non local games when the local game is sold out.

Return the draft to a two day format.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would like to see zero....(0) no, officials.

I see these guys mess up even video replays. Tired of it, and the technology is there to rid the game of their mistakes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
huskylawyer":72qfj9eu said:
Some machine that can remove Roger Goodell as a commissioner.
Rog Goodell apologists defending his honor in 3......2.......1........ :stirthepot:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkspur":16x5wvzh said:
Yep. And the option for no commentary (but crowd noise still on - before you point out that the mute button is available).
Watch in 5.1 and mute your center channel.

Done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1x6adk1s said:
It would be innovative if they would quit changing the rules to favor the offense and would return the game to the physical one that we all fell in love with in the first place.
This would be nice.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":27uqnt75 said:
GPS in the ball and sensors in the field so ball spotting is no longer subjective.
I have been bitching about this for a long time. There could even be close range position sensors setup locally at the numbers, sidelines and endzone. A tracking device at each end of the ball and under the threads in the center.

Then a light could alert the staff at the exact time a ball made the mark, it could be compared to the position of the knee or downed part of the body.

We are talking within .25 inches accuracy. Far closer than the eyes of an official. They actually do a great job for how quickly they do it, but there are many errors. Tip of the goal posts... sidelines on a punt that goes out of bounds. How many times have we seen a punt get walked up WAY too far?

Sourdough #49

Reaction score

mikeak

Reaction score
Go Pro cam on players during the offseason so we could get a Cops meets NFL show

Changing out refs after blown call is reversed on replay call

Fumble through the redzone should not turnover the ball / turnover but team start on five yard line

Holding on third down only gives 5 yard penalty

taco40

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8lxffpr0 said:
rideaducati":8lxffpr0 said:
Hawkspur":8lxffpr0 said:
Scottemojo":8lxffpr0 said:
I want to watch live games where I choose the camera angles. I would watch in the all-22 format.

Yep. And the option for no commentary (but crowd noise still on - before you point out that the mute button is available).

I sent in a suggestion to the NFL for them to offer "stadium sound". That would be so awesome to only hear the crowd and the public address announcer in surround sound at home. More money for them for the salary cap and no more idiotic announcers for me................
Are any of you guys old enough to remember when one of the networks (NBC I believe) experimented with the broadcast of a game exactly as you describe, what you called "stadium sound"? It was a Jets v. Dolphins game and I think it was in the early to mid 80s. I loved it and couldn't understand why other viewers didn't. I suppose too many stupid fans need announcers to tell them what they're seeing.

The NFL "announced" that it was not well-received. However, I liked it much better as an alternative.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Stop cutting away for commercials (I know it's for $$$) at every opportunity. I want to see the fights, streakers, injuries, half time show, etc. If I am watching the game on TV, I want to see the stuff others are seeing who are actually at the game.

hawker84

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3i560emb said:
Tech Worlds":3i560emb said:
It would be innovative if they would quit changing the rules to favor the offense and would return the game to the physical one that we all fell in love with in the first place.

This would be nice.

Indeed, and you said it much more politically correct than i would've Tech.