What an Experience!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Made the 8 hr trip down Sat morning with 2 tickets in hand ...Left my usual jerseys at home (Percy Harvin is 3-0 but I didn't want to get mugged...) Purchased the jersey number the team gave us at a store in the outlet mall. It was packed with so many fans buying gear. Get into Seattle and see the big 12 flag on the needle and 12 flags and lights all over downtown...even in the small towns like Sumas there were 12 flags! Check in and have a mellow sleepless night like a 5 year old waiting for Santa Claus to show up. Up at 6 and at C-Link for 8.

Did the usual tour before the game, same old pictures I take every game, tour of td city. Get to my seats and wait for the jet fly by (which I did not see or hear???? was I the only one??) Saw the helicopter but no jets? windy as hell and pissing rain!

The place was electric after the 12th man flag went up and the kick off happened. After the Sherman pick I already had happy thoughts in my head and then we give it back to them on a Russ pick...hmmm that don't happen very often I thought??

Skip ahead a bit and its obvious our offence is sputtering big time however our defence is keeping us in it with some awesome goal line stands and some conservative play calling by GB. Lacey looked like he wanted to be crowned the new beast the way things were going...of course we know that did not happen!

Skip ahead after a couple more picks and GB scores its halftime. I am down right depressed...some 12's had given up in my section and frustration had started to set in. Alice in Chains was awesome to watch. The guy that took over for Layne can really belt out those tunes. They also did a good job of getting the sea-hawk chant going!

Into the third I was still hopeful, after all we are a second half team....After more sputtering drives I was starting to think it would not be our day...Get into the redzone and the drives stalls big time...then fake fg happens and the place erupts! Looked at the clock and thought okay we have time but man is it ticking fast. Then I see GB is not doing much either...they get the FG and I start getting that bad feeling again. Then the play that I thought sealed the fate of the Hawks...ball off the hands of Kearse and picked off...I could not believe I was seeing what was Wilson's worst game ever and now with the realization there was not going to be any fireworks or confetti at the end of the game...The fans left with many saying see you guys next year. There was no way I was leaving...I was gonna stay til the end and at least support the team and take it all in....even a loss. Then the real beast awakens and starts putting this team on his back like so many games in the past...Russ starts looking like his old self and runs it in and its a ball game! Okay there is a chance!! I quickly explain an onside kick to my g/f....and am praying we get it...which we damn well did! the place was going f'n crazy!! Then the drive with Beast finishing it off with a 20 plus yd run! Then the 2 pt which I knew we would need...Wilson goes backwards and around it seemed like 25 yards and throws an airball across his body which just hung up there forever. I was thinking pick again...boom we got it and were up by 3!!! Now we put the game in the hands of our defence and I was confident but thought uh oh lot of clock left.

Oh and guess who came back...some of the fans that left!! Some did not, in fact I had 4 seats to my right to run around in!

I have never screamed and yelled on that last GB drive ever...honestly it felt like my head was going to explode!!! Crosby get the FG (he was money out there) and its off to OT. W win the toss and it happens. This team is determined and I want them to end it now! A big play to ADB and then the catch by Kearse and its over. The place is literally shaking at its foundation!! I get to see the confetti and the fireworks and see one of the biggest games in Seahawk and NFL history first hand!!

Such a game of downs then ups...it just seemed like a blur what happened...really hard to explain! We stuck around til the bitter end took in the filed by the FOX broadcast and took some photos. We walked around downtown high fiving other 12's before heading off to the space needle for the elevator ride up.

It was an unforgettable experience and as usual Seattle was an awesome host to us visitors from Canada. Thanks for the hospitality!

Some observations.... I did see in my section which were the "able bodied" 12's that did not leave the seat and did not cheer at all...Quite a few in the rows in front of me. Not sure if they were corporate fans, too high on weed or what??? One dude was passed out drunk a couple seats beside us almost right from the beginning and then woke up at the end of the game and acted like he didn't miss a play lol...2 young guys beside me missed most of the game and were nowhere to be seen, and then of course left when things looked bleek. They have to be kicking themselves now. Overall even when the game looked down and out the 12's kept screaming. I have been to NHL Stanley cup games, MLB games, and CFL games and nothing compares to what the 12's bring to Seattle. Its awesome when the coach and players recognized the fans right away as a factor to the win! Gonna soak in the victory for a few days and start thinking about the SB! We are damn privileged to have such an awesome team to root for! We need to enjoy these days!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you for that. I can be in the stadium vicariously through the posts of those that were there. I imagine the noise, the rain, the ups and downs and once again, relive the glory :D

CHawk

Reaction score
Congrats you have seen live one of Seahawks historic games ever. Memories that will last your life time. Thanks for representing all the 12's that couldn't be at the game. :th2thumbs: