Welker Touchdown

Tical21

Reaction score
I guess you're right, Decker did get there about a second early, but this play is night and day to the type of pick play that we got flagged for. We deliberately set a screen on a player in man coverage. This was a designed quick out where the timing is supposed to work out to where Decker doesn't make contact until Welker catches the ball. This happens all the time and when you only get there a second early, it is very seldomly called. The Tate variety is called much more often, especially when you do such a terrible job of selling it.

This was not a blown coverage by Winfeld. He doesn't have flat responsibility in this coverage. He has the hook zone. It was great playcall, great execution, and a bit of an early block.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It made up for what should have been a Bronco's touchdown turning into a Seahawks touchdown, because I'm still pretty sure that the ball crossed the goal line before he fumbled.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nppn71d said:
It made up for what should have been a Bronco's touchdown turning into a Seahawks touchdown, because I'm still pretty sure that the ball crossed the goal line because he fumbled.

The ball did cross the goal line, just not in Hillman's possession.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
IDKmyBFFRussell":24xc0kwz said:
JSeahawks":24xc0kwz said:
It made up for what should have been a Bronco's touchdown turning into a Seahawks touchdown, because I'm still pretty sure that the ball crossed the goal line because he fumbled.

The ball did cross the goal line, just not in Hillman's possession.

Agreed. . If you see where Farwell made contact, it was before the plane was crossed. That ball was loose when it crossed.

Welker has made that exact play many times, it was no different when he was with the Pats. Little Weasel.

kearly

Reaction score
Was I the only one that noticed Welker gunning for Browner's knees on that TD? Probably just a coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an ulterior motive there. :)

JSeahawks":ed91ch69 said:
It made up for what should have been a Bronco's touchdown turning into a Seahawks touchdown, because I'm still pretty sure that the ball crossed the goal line before he fumbled.

There was never a decent angle, but to me it looked pretty likely that the ball started to come out before it broke the plane. The burden of proof was on Denver and there wasn't really any proof either way. It'd be fun to imagine the hysteria that play would have caused in the Super Bowl.