We Were All Wrong

NY Hawk

Reaction score
I was dead wrong about Geno and the team not having a good season. Being from NY I watched Geno play two years with the Jets and he was trash. This is proof that if you put a bad playing QB in a different system things can change for the better. He for surly did not write me back. And as for the team, A rookie LT a rookie RT Two rookies at corner and a rookie LB..all starting and balling out?? WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Come on man you have to admit saying someone deserves attacks because they disagree with you is some weak shit in the main forum. This shit is real life for many of you apparently.
Fade, earlier in the thread you mistakenly accused someone of a straw man fallacy. It was clear to any of us who know what a straw man fallacy is that you do not understand what a straw man fallacy is. For your reference, the above is a spot-on example of a straw man fallacy. PNW25 does not have a strong position to argue; therefore, he distorts the argument or position of another and attacks the distorted position rather than the actual position.

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
Most years real playoff implication games fall late in the season. This week, Giants really need a win to keep pace with the undefeated Eagles. Philly hosts the 2 win Steelers so.... Rams and Niners battle for either a clear #2 in NFCW or a piece of the #1 spot depending on Hawks game. Cards (with Hopkins and looking a lot better) play NFCN leader Vikings (right? Vikings 2 games up already, weird). This week's games will determine playoff contention for multiple teams at the end.

Before the season, predictions were this week's game would likely determine divisional bottom dwellers with top 5 draft pick implications. I'd guess it's now one of the hottest tickets in the NFL and on the big screen in most bars coast-to-coast. Giants at Seahawks might have elicited an eye-roll in August. Now it compells that full-body anticipation that only an NFL fan knows. I'm having a hard time imagining the crowd volume. ... it's only Tuesday ...

Nunya

Reaction score
Most years real playoff implication games fall late in the season. This week, Giants really need a win to keep pace with the undefeated Eagles. Philly hosts the 2 win Steelers so.... Rams and Niners battle for either a clear #2 in NFCW or a piece of the #1 spot depending on Hawks game. Cards (with Hopkins and looking a lot better) play NFCN leader Vikings (right? Vikings 2 games up already, weird). This week's games will determine playoff contention for multiple teams at the end.

Before the season, predictions were this week's game would likely determine divisional bottom dwellers with top 5 draft pick implications. I'd guess it's now one of the hottest tickets in the NFL and on the big screen in most bars coast-to-coast. Giants at Seahawks might have elicited an eye-roll in August. Now it compells that full-body anticipation that only an NFL fan knows. I'm having a hard time imagining the crowd volume. ... it's only Tuesday ...
I will bet money that there will be a lot of Eagles and Cowboy fans cheering for the Seahawks next weekend.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Fade, earlier in the thread you mistakenly accused someone of a straw man fallacy. It was clear to any of us who know what a straw man fallacy is that you do not understand what a straw man fallacy is. For your reference, the above is a spot-on example of a straw man fallacy. PNW25 does not have a strong position to argue; therefore, he distorts the argument or position of another and attacks the distorted position rather than the actual position.
You're now just making shit up at this point and oddly look like the dude in the bar that Will Hunting calls out. I stated my opinion above, multiple times that I was dead wrong. I thought Pete was a problem and he has been fantastic this year. Pete deserves credit for silencing the critics, myself included and I couldn't be happier to be wrong. None of us really know shit about anything and we're all guessing as we aren't behind the doors to see what's really going on, that's what makes sports fun. I guarantee you will get somethings right and somethings wrong moving forward as will I and that's ok.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
People putting words in my mouth, typing things I didn't say, and then attacking what I didn't say is the definition of strawman. "Pete Sucks!" "Fire Pete!"

Where did I say those things in the OP? All I said is I don't trust Pete anymore and people fly off the handle.

Misconstruing, or misunderstanding terms I use, creating new definitions for them, then attacking those, is also a strawman's argument. "Mismanagement, But you think the Seahawks didn't build a championship team, so which is it?"

Well, mismanagement is more encompassing than player acquisition. I also never said they had built a championship team. Instead pointing out the NFC is in a dilapidated state, and a supposed great coach and QB should be able to take advantage of it. Not go to the SuperBowl of course, but make a nice little run to the NFCCG. Which at this juncture would require beating a losing team at home in the WC Round, and beating the Vikings in the Divisional Round.

It's like the language I speak is foreign at times based on the responses I get.

My takeaway from this thread is Pete should be coach of the year, but don't expect a playoff run. Which absolutely takes the cake. I'll be sure to remind everyone on here to temper expectations as the Seahawks continue to win, as it's not realistic for them to make a run in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
This ^^^^
The page is becoming a pissing contest on who is "right" or "wrong"
It's ALL guessing, all of it.
I think that is the first post of mine you liked lol. I told you after a while we would agree on something :)

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Meanwhile, I'm thinking, this was a 3 page or so thread yesterday, and now it's 16 pages, WTF happened here? Not sure I am up for wading through the middle of the explosion of posts.

I generally enjoy Fade's posts, trying to imagine what world certain things he says could be true in. What is it that makes parody entertaining? It's when the ridiculous and twisted exaggerations have some recognizable elements of truth, whether substantive or merely cosmetic, that we can recognize, and play along with. Fade's unreasonable and intense dislike for Pete pervades nearly every post of his. Whatever.

So I took the thread starter post as a Fade parody that now the season is a failure, Pete's a failure, unless the Seahawks win 12 games and reach the NFCCG. Just more Fade-Hate for Pete, disguised as knob-slobbering.

Hey, it's just an Internet message board, have some fun, learn a few things, and remember to get out and have some fun. I was gonna go to the Hawks road game against the Bucs in Tampa until bitch-slapped by reality that the game is in freakin' GERMANY. Oh well.
It's mostly a lover's spat between Hawkstrong and PNW at this point. Not sure it's worth the time of wading through.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
People putting words in my mouth, typing things I didn't say, and then attacking what I didn't say is the definition of strawman. "Pete Sucks!" "Fire Pete!"

Where did I say those things in the OP? All I said is I don't trust Pete anymore and people fly off the handle.

Misconstruing, or misunderstanding terms I use, creating new definitions for them, then attacking those, is also a strawman's argument. "Mismanagement, But you think the Seahawks didn't build a championship team, so which is it?"

Well, mismanagement is more encompassing than player acquisition. I also never said they had built a championship team. Instead pointing out the NFC is in a dilapidated state, and a supposed great coach and QB should be able to take advantage of it. Not go to the SuperBowl of course, but make a nice little run to the NFCCG. Which at this juncture would require beating a losing team at home in the WC Round, and beating the Vikings in the Divisional Round.

It's like the language I speak is foreign at times based on the responses I get.

My takeaway from this thread is Pete should be coach of the year, but don't expect a playoff run. Which absolutely takes the cake. I'll be sure to remind everyone on here to temper expectations as the Seahawks continue to win, as it's not realistic for them to make a run in the playoffs.
Good tunes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

My only point of contention was you saying you expect a NFCCG, with a 4-3 team that's still in it's rebuilding phase, or reloading, or however you want to spin it.

To say that means you're not really saying you were wrong because now you have an out for saying "See, Pete sucks he didn't take this team to the conference title game." Which is a really lame cop out.

Which has been your battle cry now for a long time. Probably because you know you can't go back to your "Pete's ruining Russ" or "Pete Ball" well again. It's pretty obvious this year that Pete does know what he's doing.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
My only point of contention was you saying you expect a NFCCG, with a 4-3 team that's still in it's rebuilding phase, or reloading, or however you want to spin it.

The NFC is in shambles, and Pete is great, so what's the problem?

To say that means you're not really saying you were wrong because now you have an out for saying "See, Pete sucks he didn't take this team to the conference title game." Which is a really lame cop out.

Never said he sucks, I just don't trust Pete can deliver. Most agree with me, and have no expectation he can.

Which has been your battle cry now for a long time. Probably because you know you can't go back to your "Pete's ruining Russ" or "Pete Ball" well again. It's pretty obvious this year that Pete does know what he's doing.

Pete did ruin Wilson to an extent, he got him killed for years behind Tom Cable lines, those hits add up. Bevell did him no favors, his work with Lawrence and other young QBs was uninspiring, which led to impeding of his development.

Schotty, helped Russ a ton mechanically as he is really good in that area, but left a lot to be desired as a playcaller, which is why he will never be one again. Waldron game 1 with Russ was a thing of beauty. It was just too little too late. And the divorce had already taken place. Pete did a piss poor job of giving the support a Franchise QB needs, and investing in the O-Line as compared to what other teams do for their Franchise QBs.

Once they signed Wilson to his first big extension. Pete chose to continue to dump assets into his defense, and running game. Instead of the O-Line, which could've still worked had Pete built a quality defense in those years, but Pete failed. Wilson carried those flawed teams kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Pete Ball will make it's return. Pete goes to Pete Ball once he is comfortable with his defense controlling the opponent. They came out firing against the Chargers because they are very capable of putting up a lot of points. When they play more deficient opponents Pete Ball will rear it's ugly head. It's how he prefers to play.