We should thank the Saints

Ozzy

Reaction score
DThomas is much better than Colston. I just read a twitter response from a scout who said Sherman should own Thomas though. Not sure what about that matchup leads him to believe that although I think Sherman owns just about anyone. Anyway he seemed to think that that matchup favored SHerman in a big way and that Denver would have to move him around the formation.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":2hlyescx said:
seahawk12thman":2hlyescx said:
I don't see that nor do I see the stats to back that up. If the Broncos were in the NFC South and played the same teams the Saints did, I am not sure Payton Manning would have even made it through the season.

We played against the statistically best pass catching tight end in the NFL.

Eric Decker > Lance Moore yes and by a good margin.

Thomas isn't better than Colston
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roste ... 9d36615ac/
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/ro ... 01d1d7ea1/

Wes Welker > Pierre Thomas but not by much..

Where is this big Denver advantage??

Demarius Thomas is MUCH better than Colston (you provided the link to the Julius Thomas, the TE)

I was comparing Demarius with Jimmy Graham, who in my opinion, is the best catching tight end in football. Colston and Julius are very similiar in their route running and that was why I compared the two. Demarius is not better than Jimmy Graham.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would agree with you that Demarius isn't as good as Graham.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I look for Denver to want to do what they did to the Patriots in the AFCC... Short, quick, decisive, underneath passes for 4-8 yards per play. However, and to act as my disclaimer, I think it will be crucial to jam their WRs at the line and dominate the LOS against them. I love their talk of wanting to be physical and whomever said above "either you are or you aren't" was spot on. The Hawks won't need to change anything...can Denver match the physicality or will their finesse be too much to catch up to?

Of all the receivers Welker scares me the most and I admit it could be unworthy of him to deserve such. The slot, his quickness, experience, etc. I could see as a bright spot for them. One shot and he could be out anyway. Julius Thomas doesn't scare me (See Graham, Davis, etc.) matched up with Chancellor. Demarius and Sherm will be a battle with the advantage to Sherm. Decker on WT3 or BMAX could be an X factor as well. We present match-up problems with them and I think they'll have to get creative. I look for ET to pick Manning.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS: Peyton has time to throw and we don't jam at the LOS and for the first five yards he will pick us apart. If we get him off his spot with pressure (surely we will) he's going to have a tough evening. Peyton won't run for 121-130 like Kaepernick did..... Shit, has he done so his entire career?

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
Points matter more than yards IMO.

Denver scored 12 more points per game than the saints, and the saints only score 10 more points per game than the last place Jaguars. So what you're saying is the jags and saints are comparable offenses since their production is even closer than Denver's is to the saints? Weird.

also, it's a known fact that NO has been terrible offensively on the road, averaging 18 points a game, so yeah.

Denver's offense is worlds better than NO's.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
I agree that Denver's offense is better then the saints but I just can't get over the fact that Denver really has not played any good defenses. I mean Kansas City was the toughest defense they faced and they went from top 5 to 30 by the time the Broncos played them. Kansas City finished the season a shell of their former selves just look at the colts game.

Peyton won't be able to take five step drops and our corners will sit on the short slants and outs. If he checks to longer routes we will be able to get pressure on him. He is screwed either way. Especially in the redzone when the field shrinks.

Latest posts