We might have dodged a bullet by not drafting Matt Corrall

toffee

Reaction score
Apparently Matt has some off field issues, drinking etc., I was all for drafting him in late rounds, but that was basically because he's my alum, and I love to have more Rebels on our team. Now he is Panther's problem.

“He dealt with a multitude of issues including alcohol and related issues,” Rapoport said. “He admitted publicly to battling depression. He has had ‘unreliable behavior’ off the field and he really, really struggled in some interviews with teams.

Rainger

Reaction score
If we would to have drafted Matt, we would have invested draft capital and would have expectations. With Geno, we knew what we are getting, a short term bridge QB, with minimum investment and expectations.
NAH Geno wont see a snap other than from injury! He was always signed as a backup nothing more. Lock this year and a top ten selection (from Denver) at QB next year.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
NAH Geno wont see a snap other than from injury! He was always signed as a backup nothing more. Lock this year and a top ten selection (from Denver) at QB next year.
I think Geno will be allowed to give Lock a fight for the starting job, but you are right, if they both didn't excel in preseason games, Lock likely will start the season.

Rainger

Reaction score
I agree that Pete is always about compete. Yes Geno will get his chance but he was only signed as insurance IMO. I just believe that Lock with proper coaching and scheme is a better fit and Pete believes this. He loved Lock when he came out in the draft and will give him every opportunity to restart his career.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Only issue I read about was being envious of wealth(inherited) students at a private school. I hope Matt starts drinking...black coffee only...and wins the job over Darnold because, selfishly, destabilization of NFC South would be fun for me.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I agree that Pete is always about compete. Yes Geno will get his chance but he was only signed as insurance IMO. I just believe that Lock with proper coaching and scheme is a better fit and Pete believes this. He loved Lock when he came out in the draft and will give him every opportunity to restart his career.
I concur, Geno was not signed to be our next starting QB or savior whatever. But he will be allowed to compete, which was different when Russ was here. Don't think Geno and Russ competed, or was allow to compete. One would think that Geno ought be very motivated, his is last chance to fight for a starting QB job.

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Only issue I read about was being envious of wealth(inherited) students at a private school. I hope Matt starts drinking...black coffee only...and wins the job over Darnold because, selfishly, destabilization of NFC South would be fun for me.
Corral reportedly punched Gretzky’s son when they were students at Oaks Christian. Corral ended up transferring to Long Beach Poly. Lots of rumors around that, but those are the generally-accepted, high-level facts.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Whoa. Corral was my top QB pick for us of this class, but I didn't know any of that stuff. I'm amazed this info didn't hit the wires until after the draft, and wonder why now? What is the motivation to make a release now, instead of prior to the draft?

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Corral reportedly punched Gretzky’s son when they were students at Oaks Christian. Corral ended up transferring to Long Beach Poly. Lots of rumors around that, but those are the generally-accepted, high-level facts.
Thanks and, in the NFL behavioral context, that could be a) misdemeanor or even b) self defense, because the incident is new to me. Mike Tyson recently threw a punch at a guy who allegedly threw a water bottle, or water from a water bottle.
If Trevor Gretzky who, I just read, is an 'actor', is more than 7 years older than Corral, that seems like a significant age difference, for kids in a fight(whoever started it).

W

Welshers

Rappaport should shut the f and leave peoples personal lives out of the news. All these pro sports reporters are parasites

sc85sis

Reaction score
Thanks and, in the NFL behavioral context, that could be a) misdemeanor or even b) self defense, because the incident is new to me. Mike Tyson recently threw a punch at a guy who allegedly threw a water bottle, or water from a water bottle.
If Trevor Gretzky who, I just read, is an 'actor', is more than 7 years older than Corral, that seems like a significant age difference, for kids in a fight(whoever started it).
Tristan, he’s 21.

Last edited:

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Tristan, he’s 21.

Thanks, and I did read Tristan's age yesterday, when I thought Gretzky had only 1 son.
If Matt Corral and Tristan Gretzky were competing for positions(basketball or football or anything) it's possible that parent(s) tried to influence player rankings.
Youtube search string "Tristan Gretzky highlights" produced an unexpected link, showing freshman Matt Corral throwing deep to AJ Brown, who became involved in a brawl, which was quickly joined into by Corral, helmet off, throwing punches.
Matt needs to stop throwing punches...at least with his right hand...

/edit: the youtube.com search string may have been 'tristan gretzky fisht'...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Thanks, and I did read Tristan's age yesterday, when I thought Gretzky had only 1 son.
If Matt Corral and Tristan Gretzky were competing for positions(basketball or football or anything) it's possible that parent(s) tried to influence player rankings.
Youtube search string "Tristan Gretzky highlights" produced an unexpected link, showing freshman Matt Corral throwing deep to AJ Brown, who became involved in a brawl, which was quickly joined into by Corral, helmet off, throwing punches.
Matt needs to stop throwing punches...at least with his right hand...

/edit: the youtube.com search string may have been 'tristan gretzky fisht'...
I googled Tristin Gretzky, it seems like he went to Pepperdine ( a Malibu rich boy party school with room service in dormitories) as a golfer but wasn't good enough to play: then transferred to NYU, joined golf team again but didn't seem to play much certainly didn't win anything as nothing was mention on NYU page.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I googled Tristin Gretzky, it seems like he went to Pepperdine ( a Malibu rich boy party school with room service in dormitories) as a golfer but wasn't good enough to play: then transferred to NYU, joined golf team again but didn't seem to play much certainly didn't win anything as nothing was mention on NYU page.

I certainly don't want to pick on a teenage Gretzky, but Tristan's mother or father probably should have sat Tristan down, and told him that the 'other kid' looks like he could be playing QB on an NFL roster in 2022.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I find it interesting that even though people are talking about Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer being "on the hot seat," they preferred Corral, with all the questions about whether he can be a decent NFL QB, over Baker Mayfield.