We are now 2nd in division, 5th in nfc

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Division standings have us 2nd, rams 3rd.

We are 5th in the nfc, and I believe 8th in the nfl.

Not too shabby seeing as how we aren't, in my opinion, really started yet.

9ers I have no doubt will falter, wont hold 1st for long.

Just in case we dont pull it out thursday, we can skip to work until then.

LTH

Reaction score
Team is really doing well considering all of the D probowl players that were lost a couple of years ago!

LTH

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Just think. All that and the teams we beat have yet to win a game amongst them.

NINEster

Reaction score
johnnyfever":37o77rrv said:
Division standings have us 2nd, rams 3rd.

We are 5th in the nfc, and I believe 8th in the nfl.

Not too shabby seeing as how we aren't, in my opinion, really started yet.

9ers I have no doubt will falter, wont hold 1st for long.

Just in case we dont pull it out thursday, we can skip to work until then.

Oh, so no undefeated season then?

Shucks!

evergreen

Reaction score
That’s a cool look. Kind of a joke though to have Cowboys over Patriots. Just glad the super bowl isn’t in October.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
On the plus side, we’re 3-1 and still haven’t completely gelled yet. The team looked much better today and our pass rush will improve once Reed is back.

On the negative outlook side, the teams we’ve beaten haven’t won a single game combined so there’s still lots of unanswered questions how good we actually are. Big test Thursday.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Hawks' pass rush is just starting. Clowney, Ansah, and Collier are just getting their legs underneath them. And Rasheem is looking like a valuable part of the rotation. Getting Reed back in a few weeks will elevate the team even more.

I think there's lots to look forward to. *shrug*

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":30lgr7em said:

And the Patriots beat the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers

We lost to a Saints team that just beat a talented Cowboys team. That loss wasn’t as bad as people made it seem especially since we only lost because we shot ourselves in the foot with a shotgun. If you’re gonna make comments like this at least compare us to the rest of the league, we’re doing just fine

Mizak

Reaction score
Scorpion05":p8hiyhkl said:
MD5eahawks":p8hiyhkl said:

We lost to a Saints team that just beat a talented Cowboys team. That loss wasn’t as bad as people made it seem especially since we only lost because we shot ourselves in the foot with a shotgun. If you’re gonna make comments like this at least compare us to the rest of the league, we’re doing just fine

It’s more telling that the Hawks have played awful at home and really good on the road.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":20zgutip said:
MD5eahawks":20zgutip said:

There is no comparison. We’ve hardly played on a comparable level to the Patriots. That being said, I’d have faith in the Hawks beating any team, any time, anywhere. We lost to a Saints team that we shouldn’t have lost to. Period. It is what it is, though.

Kool-aid tastes great in September. :179422:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":1xm16flq said:
Seahawkfan80":1xm16flq said:
If I may ask, where are these standings at? I dont see it. Here is what I see.

https://www.nfl.com/standings

Sorry if I am a confused old man.
I think you may have checked it before it was updated. :Dunno:

I agree. Thank you. Must be the points for and points against that come up to a percentile that gives us a tiny bit lead. Defense still wins championships.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Let's put things in context. Historically under Pete the team has started slowly and then has built momentum in the 2nd half of the season. At this point, we're a leg up on past seasons (except for 2013) so we deserve to be optimistic at this point. Regardless of who we beat, we're 3-1. I'll take it.

The D-line is starting to solidify. You can see what they might become... and it's an impressive future The running game is still under construction but the progress is starting to show. Lockett has been solid as a rock... as has Russ. Dissly is back from his patella injury and impressing in all aspects of his game. Not as confident with our safety tandem but I remain hopeful that they just need reps together.

All in all, I'm optimistic for the rest of this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Rams are 3-1 against teams with a combined 9-7 record so far (.563)

The Seahawks are 3-1 against teams with a combined 3-7-1 record so far (.273)

The 49ers are 3-0 against teams with a combined 2-8 record so far (.200)

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think the division won't line up the same way people assumed it would before the season started.

sutz

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2i3h3pz0 said:

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think the division won't line up the same way people assumed it would before the season started.
I guess that is why they play the games. :twisted:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3gqn5vzs said:

Rams win over the Browns is looking impressive.

Win over the Saints looks better, but you can look at it another way too: Teddy didn't get the practice reps that he did against the Seahawks/Cowboys. Still a solid win though.

Win over the Panthers means nothing though - that team is clearly better with Allen and was awful with Cam.

This loss to Tampa was, hopefully, an anomaly. Admittedly I gave Tampa no shot whatsoever, and while you have to hope an NFL team never overlooks an NFL team, I can't find another reason for how every player on the Rams looked worse than every player on the Bucs.

And while we can say we haven't seen anything to make us think the NFC West will turn out differently, I can tell you as a Rams fan that for the first time under McVay, I'm not confident that we will win the division. Heck, I'm not confident that we will win Thursday Night.

I won't be devastated losing a road division game though - losing to the Niners the week after would be devastating though.

Something is wrong with the OL and through that, the run game. And Goff is just terrible right now.

Thursday is a much bigger game for Seattle than it is for the Rams - with home field advantage being what it is, Seattle losing this game would probably eliminate them from winning the division - another reason why I don't feel good about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Honest question Ram Fan: What the heck happened yesterday? I did not see that coming at all.
I have never been impressed with Goff, not just because I don't like the Rams. Just doesn't seem like a big game QB and seems to fold under pressure.
What are the fans in LA thinking about Goff?

Latest posts