Wasting 1st Round Picks

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3u8m2bk1 said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/9/22/20879036/chris-carson-dismal-game-costly-fumble-bench-seattle-seahawks-nfl-news
By the way, do you really want to have that Flynn quote in your signature? I remember when a certain someone thought that Lacy was going to be a franchise back for the Seahawks.

massari

Reaction score
All they had to do was stay at #21 to pick Darnell Savage or Montez Sweat like some wanted, but they always have to trade down and it seems a lot of fans on the internet love to as well.

It's way too early for conclusions though.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I was/am concerned about Collier. He was what was leftover after a long run on players at his position. I didn’t hate the pick but I didn’t really like it either. Time will tell.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3s59d6zc said:
Not on our side of the field, I think that's most people here's point...........and yes that's the difference between the mediocre to good teams in the NFL.
I agree with the notion that we need to hit on draft classes if we want to be good. It sounds overly simple but 95% of what we discuss on this board is completely insignificant compared to whether a specific draft class is good or not.

The jury is still out on 2018 and 2019. In my opinion 2017 is a C+ right now with potential to still swing up or down significantly depending on how Carson, Griffin, Pocic, T2 and Moore finish the season.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3g99b8yq said:
The biggest waste was not drafting Savage.

We literally handed the piece that our defense depends on, (a stellar safety), to the Packers.

In exchange, we got Collier, who I don't expect will become an exceptional player or even above average one.

Almost everyone expected Savage was going to be stellar and he is turning out to be.

It was puzzling then but I understand the Seahawk strategy of maximizing success by maximizing spins at the wheel. Aggregating picks is their MO. Sometimes, however, when you have a player that is a perfect fit for your area of need OR that player projects to be an exceptional pro - you need to just spend the pick and take the player that falls in your lap.

Yep Savage was my pick there and they passed. Value does not trump great talent. It's time for a new scouting department at minimum. On a side note were getting next to nothing at slot WR can't win in the NFL without a descent slot WR . Then there's slot CB also an issue . Also we suck at Center sorry but Britt just isn't very good average at best.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1o4cpdab said:
ImTheScientist":1o4cpdab said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/9/22/20879036/chris-carson-dismal-game-costly-fumble-bench-seattle-seahawks-nfl-news
By the way, do you really want to have that Flynn quote in your signature? I remember when a certain someone thought that Lacy was going to be a franchise back for the Seahawks.
Not to mention "P-Rich for life"