Washington-Southern Miss.

kearly

Reaction score
Michael Thomas looked sensational for a guy that draft sites have projected as a UDFA. Today he felt like a blend of DeAndre Hopkins and Martavis Bryant. He went for 190 yards and 2 TDs today and played way bigger than his 6'1" 190 listed size. For the season he had 1391 yards and 14 TDs. And he did this against a very good defense today. I've only seen him play in one game and he's already a 2016 draft crush for me.

The QB for Southern Miss had amazing accuracy and elite touch on the deep ball. The way he stood in the pocket and delivered a ball reminded me of Big Ben.

The Huskies finishes with elite offensive numbers but what won't show in the box score was how tough the Southern Miss front seven played. It was one of the more challenging front sevens UW faced all season through three quarters, and then they just melted like butter in the 4th quarter. UW must have had over 150 yards rushing in the 4th quarter alone.

Gaskin finished with 4 TDs but he could have easily had 7 TDs if they had fed him the ball more consistently on those three red zone fails.

kearly

Reaction score
The future is very bright for UW. Can't wait for next season, especially if they land an ace WR in January.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3pnaduqr said:
SeatownJay":3pnaduqr said:
hawknation2015":3pnaduqr said:
Is Myles Gaskin the best RB in the conference?
No, that would be McCaffrey. Gaskin's probably top-3 though.

Damn, is McCaffrey only a true sophomore, meaning he will be back next season? :34853_doh:

:roll: Gaskin is a nice RB, but best in the conference? Youguys font pay attention much to who's all going to still be around next year.

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":3inl2gfj said:
:roll: Gaskin is a nice RB, but best in the conference? Youguys font pay attention much to who's all going to still be around next year.

Gaskin is such an odd running back to watch. I'm not sure I've seen a player his size break so many tackles, FSU version of Warrick Dunn maybe?

As far as Pac12 RB pecking order, Gaskin is a step below Freeman and McCaffrey, after that there is a ton of talent in Perkins, Jones, Richard, and Gaskin.

pugs1

Reaction score
kearly":1oroezal said:
Michael Thomas looked sensational for a guy that draft sites have projected as a UDFA. Today he felt like a blend of DeAndre Hopkins and Martavis Bryant. He went for 190 yards and 2 TDs today and played way bigger than his 6'1" 190 listed size. For the season he had 1391 yards and 14 TDs. And he did this against a very good defense today. I've only seen him play in one game and he's already a 2016 draft crush for me.

The QB for Southern Miss had amazing accuracy and elite touch on the deep ball. The way he stood in the pocket and delivered a ball reminded me of Big Ben.

The Huskies finishes with elite offensive numbers but what won't show in the box score was how tough the Southern Miss front seven played. It was one of the more challenging front sevens UW faced all season through three quarters, and then they just melted like butter in the 4th quarter. UW must have had over 150 yards rushing in the 4th quarter alone.

Gaskin finished with 4 TDs but he could have easily had 7 TDs if they had fed him the ball more consistently on those three red zone fails.

I've followed USM all year and Thomas has had a awesome year for the Golden Eagles! Go checkout his one handed TD grab vs. LaTech! I have been wondering when people would take notice.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":jft45ukh said:
SeatownJay":jft45ukh said:
hawknation2015":jft45ukh said:
Is Myles Gaskin the best RB in the conference?
No, that would be McCaffrey. Gaskin's probably top-3 though.

Damn, is McCaffrey only a true sophomore, meaning he will be back next season? :34853_doh:

Off topic, but there's another mccaffrey on the way. Little brother Dylan is a high 4 star pro style qb in the 2017 class (top 50 nationally ranked player for that class). So far Stanford and Michigan seem to be battling for his commitment.