Washington Huskies vs. Texas Longhorns

Threedee

Reaction score
I was most determined that Alabubba lose today, but, I was obviously going to root for the hometown team against Texass. They did start to piss me off at the end, there. That kick-catch interference was absolutely braindead.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Dumb mistakes at the end that let opponents back into games.
Over reliance on run game.

Somehow we managed to overcome both.
I don't think they can beat Michigan doing that though. But if our starting RB is injured in that game, we might be able to win it.
If we end up still giving it to Rodgers or whatever his name is, we are going to get stomped.

UW wins with, through, and because of Penix and his passing weapons. We almost lost because they forgot that.
Great recovery by the secondary though. Still baffled why they would even THINK of running their injured RB in that important drive KNOWING they needed to run clock and that an injury stops it.
I swear, some exchanges here related to the Seahawks have broken some people and turned them into relentless curmudgeons no matter what. I seriously cannot believe that is all you can muster for the Huskies. Just a pile of negative garbage on the flip side of UW punching their ticket to the national championship.

Can't some of you negative Nancy's at least TRY to be happy for once?

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I swear, some exchanges here related to the Seahawks have broken some people and turned them into relentless curmudgeons no matter what. I seriously cannot believe that is all you can muster for the Huskies. Just a pile of negative garbage on the flip side of UW punching their ticket to the national championship.

Really. What more do you want than to go undefeated and make it to the national championship game? There's nothing else. They've accomplished everything they had to accomplish to get here. Everything. Talking about being unable to be pleased. Christ. I hope he's not as severe and unable to be pleased with his children. LOL

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score

Well he is twisted. Maybe his fandom has gotten the best of him over the years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled we made it this far.
Polk, Odunze, and McMillan are studs. So are the TEs.

And RB1 Johnson is a warrior, even if we use him too often. Not his fault we run him too much.

This was a hell of an accomplishment for UW. Incredible year. Penix might be in Warren Moon territory now.

And our underrated defense stepped up big. As the OL did an incredible job on one of the best and biggest DLs in CFB.

Just don't think we can make the mistakes we normally make in the next game. Michigan will eat us alive if we do. We match up poorly against them anyway.

Doesn't mean I didn't pop some champagne and celebrate this win. Or appreciate it.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Michigan is not explosive on offfense. And our QB is in a different tier than theirs. They're nothing overly special. Their SOS was far below ours. I don't think they faced an offense like ours all year long.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Penix was unbelievable! This team has been so much fun to watch.

I'm pretty sure Penix is an android from the future. I've honestly never seen a college QB with that much poise and pocket awareness.

Penix gets credit for his arm, accuracy, etc. But not enough credit for his poise. Dude just NEVER gets rattled.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Penix is an android from the future. I've honestly never seen a college QB with that much poise and pocket awareness.

Penix gets credit for his arm, accuracy, etc. But not enough credit for his poise. Dude just NEVER gets rattled.

His pocket awareness was perfect all game. Been good all year but he made all the right moves last night when he sensed pressure. Either safely got rid of the ball, or ran where he needed to.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I was most determined that Alabubba lose today, but, I was obviously going to root for the hometown team against Texass. They did start to piss me off at the end, there. That kick-catch interference was absolutely braindead.
OMG, the receiver wandered left into the UW player. That is a NO CALL to a sane and seeing Ref

jeremiah

Reaction score

WOO HOOO, my throat is sore from screaming at the TV. That third down run? I about sheet my pants. They move Penix to the center of the field for the FG position, run off a few seconds, and Texas burns timeout #2. All of the stress, for no reason. 3 kneels and a FG, not 2 runs, which our RB ended up hurt, then a screen pass. Still love the Dawgs, fan since transistor radios were the way to "watch the game". Jim Owens and Charlie Browning..

jeremiah

Reaction score
Going to be one hell of a game on Monday!
PENIX is what an NFL ready QB looks like. He is unflappable. I am all for the team, even at 0-12, but this is special. I felt like Oregon was a better team, they beat them twice. I even had the thought that BoNix is a better QB. WTH was I thinking? This team, right here RIGHT NOW is as good as the Huskies have ever had. DeBoer is a better coach than the Dog Father.... SHOCK... With the exposure they get now, and the transfer possibilities, the sky is the limit.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm still stunned by that injury-time-out rule. I don't know why I didn't know more of the details of that rule, perhaps because it was never brought so clearly into focus like it was last night.

What an effing HORRIBLE rule. I can't believe it's not being talked about more than it is seeing how it could have easily cost a team a trip to the championship game. Think about it...

--It potentially creates an incentive for the other team's defense to injure a player to stop the clock.
--It makes it so teams will want to drag a player off the field in order not to engage the injury timeout
--It penalizes the offensive team in such a game situation for a player getting injured by the opposing team

There's just so much wrong with this rule I can't believe it was ever instituted, as if they never even imagined scenarios like the one that happened last night.

I was thinking that what if you took the Huskies out last night and replaced us with Alabama and the same thing happened AND Texas went on to score the winning TD. I can't believe this wouldn't be talked about ten times more than it currently is now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It is a dumb rule but I'm still confused as to why Washington didn't just kneel down there and avoid the injury or turnover risk. Now you may lose Johnson for the national championship and he was already limping around yesterday, just makes no sense to me.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
OMG, the receiver wandered left into the UW player. That is a NO CALL to a sane and seeing Ref
The receiver wandered to where the ball was. It isn't like a reception. You can't occupy the space the receiver needs to catch the punt on a fair catch.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It is a dumb rule but I'm still confused as to why Washington didn't just kneel down there and avoid the injury or turnover risk. Now you may lose Johnson for the national championship and he was already limping around yesterday, just makes no sense to me.
Yup, if you were going to continue to run it there put in Rogers and tell him to protect the ball first no matter what. Putting Johnson back out there for those plays when he had been limping and coming up gimpy on every other play in the fourth quarter was just stupid.