Washington at Utah

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hey, the OC learned. Stop calling screens in the redzone and just hand it off to Gaskin or run play action.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Give it 10-20 years UTAH will be called the Red Hawks. Just posting so I can come back and bring it back up. You know, cause I am so brilliant.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Geez, Washington only has three pass routes in their playbook. Screens, deep comebacks, and go routes down the sideline.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Washington holds on to win this game it will be because of Gaskin and the defense and in spite of Browning.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I must have Rus Wilson PTSD-watching Browning back there making terrible decisions while spinning into pressure has me triggered

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
At this point i'd like to see more Haener but not sure
when to throw a freshman in. Next 2 games are tough. If UCLA keep sucking maybe then.

Browning is playing like a sophomore and making the same mistakes. Oline is bad too. Play calling iffy too. Where's the other rbs outwith gaskin?

Defence is decent though.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Good win regardless away from home. We almost killed that wr covey.

Next week will be tough, we always suck vs arizona st. Meed to see more mcclatcher and ahmed.

Wtf is wrong with the pac 12 south. Arizona, usc, ucla all suck

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2uwk66tz said:
Another really, really stupid play by Browning.
Browning is maddening to watch he’ll make a great play on that pass on the side of the endzone and the ....
intentional grounding and pick by the lineman which were idiotic plays by a SENIOR QB at a major school.

The Dawgs are lucky the Utah TE can’t catch a wide open pass and they made a few more boneheaded plays the UW did.

I cannot wait for the Browning era to be over!

That Covey kid for UTAH is a baller, keeps getting up after getting hammered.

mikeak

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":14b1rwes said:
Good win regardless away from home. We almost killed that wr covey.

Next week will be tough, we always suck vs arizona st. Meed to see more mcclatcher and ahmed.

Wtf is wrong with the pac 12 south. Arizona, usc, ucla all suck

Blitz Arizona state and win big. Play soft and they will rip it up

GeekHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1eo3324t said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1041232270420393989[/tweet]

"If you stop the <insert team name here> offense you win the game."

Well, no shit Sherlock. That's some top-notch internet sports analysis right there. :roll:

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":11wt2ymb said:
SeatownJay":11wt2ymb said:
Browning is maddening to watch he’ll make a great play on that pass on the side of the endzone and the ....
intentional grounding and pick by the lineman which were idiotic plays by a SENIOR QB at a major school.

The Dawgs are lucky the Utah TE can’t catch a wide open pass and they made a few more boneheaded plays the UW did.

I certainly can appreciate your frustration with Jake, and while I don't want to fall into the apologist role, think about what you are saying here? The Jake Browning "era" is the best -period of Husky football since the Marques Tuiasosopo ERA nearly 20 years ago.

Jake Browning is a warrior, two years ago he played out the season with a shoulder injury that required surgery where they actually had to shave part of his collar bone off. Yesterday, he absorbed several vicious hits and when asked about them afterward, just shrugged them off.

Jake is not a scrambler, don't expect him to be, he is not good at it. Sometimes he makes desperation throws that result in INT's but statistically his QBR doesn't reveal a heavy propensity to that and in fact he is a very productive QB.

There was a time that UW was QB University, obviously that time passed and while we have some in the stable now, try and remember the past few UW QB's, none of whom had a QB rating as high as Jake.

It was interesting watching the game yesterday with a couple of old teammates, as well as my two sons and some of their teammates, all of whom are current football players. They all had their frustrations with a couple of plays he made made also but they were also quick to point out that Utah actually has a very good defense and many times their coverage was excellent. We all lamented the current state of the Husky O-line as well, there are injuries, some season-ending, and some ongoing as well as inexperienced linemen.

Yes, Jake can you drive you crazy at times but it's all about perspective. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... y-at-utah/

And: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":16f22wey said:
Sports Hernia":16f22wey said:
SeatownJay":16f22wey said:

I certainly can appreciate your frustration with Jake, and while I don't want to fall into the apologist role, think about what you are saying here? The Jake Browning "era" is the best -period of Husky football since the Marques Tuiasosopo ERA nearly 20 years ago.

Jake Browning is a warrior, two years ago he played out the season with a shoulder injury that required surgery where they actually had to shave part of his collar bone off. Yesterday, he absorbed several vicious hits and when asked about them afterward, just shrugged them off.

Jake is not a scrambler, don't expect him to be, he is not good at it. Sometimes he makes desperation throws that result in INT's but statistically his QBR doesn't reveal a heavy propensity to that and in fact he is a very productive QB.

There was a time that UW was QB University, obviously that time passed and while we have some in the stable now, try and remember the past few UW QB's, none of whom had a QB rating as high as Jake.

It was interesting watching the game yesterday with a couple of old teammates, as well as my two sons and some of their teammates, all of whom are current football players. They all had their frustrations with a couple of plays he made made also but they were also quick to point out that Utah actually has a very good defense and many times their coverage was excellent. We all lamented the current state of the Husky O-line as well, there are injuries, some season-ending, and some ongoing as well as inexperienced linemen.

Yes, Jake can you drive you crazy at times but it's all about perspective. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... y-at-utah/

And: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!

You can white knight for Browning all you want (when claiming not to) but whenever he’s played in a HUGE game that has National championship implications he’s pretty much crapped the bed. Throwing for 300 yards when you are playing Northgate State and East Wenatchee Valley State isn’t impressive, sorry. Softy and Millen think that Jake has never made a mistake or thrown a bad pass, it’s always the receivers fault, because it can’t be Browing’s fault. Sadly many UW fans fall into this mindset. You love the guy, fine, we get it. I think he makes way too many “freshman level mistakes” for a senior.