Wanted to talk about this section.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Raddish and I butted heads, I was a big ass as I sort of found my way back to center in my youth. I know he was a good dude, and I loved his crankiness lol. Maybe we should change the name? I dunno, it makes me sad.

Edit Shit, at least spell the dude's handle right

Edit: shit, Mr. Les still calling me a dummy somewhere out there and I don't know how to spell radish

Last edited:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I like having g all the individual topics. Let's me jump to the ones I'm interested in. The cream rises to the top. I suppose you could do a pinned thread as a single game thread, and let people vote with their feet.

If the single thread turns out to be more popular, it will be obvious.

Death

Reaction score
I am in favor of just one thread. I know I am newer to the forum and this is way always been I suppose, but just way too many threads to look through imo. But hey if stays that way, no worries.

GemCity

Reaction score
I like the game day chat. There’s a lot of one-off rants in the Game Day forums.

But, whatever choice you make, thank you for all of your time and work here!

pmedic920

Reaction score
That's just it though, no one thread had more then maybe 20 replies to it. There were always more threads that had zero replies to it then ones that did.
It’s always been used as an rapid fire, off the cuff comment section as the game progresses.

Think of it as you and your buddies watching the game together in person.

It has worked well for the purpose for which originally intended , not mucking up the main page with a bunch of in game emotional responses.

Wouldn’t be the end of the world to see it end, but those that enjoy it, really do.

chris98251

Reaction score
It gets a lot of traffic, I have years and years of wisdom to bring to this, over my life I have seen people fix what isn't broken and really mess it up.

Engineers, IT people love to fix stuff that isn't broken.

If it's not broken don't fix it !!!!

Not every thread will have replies, some are observations, some are just a bitch statement, some are an excited moment shared in the forum.

Fade

Reaction score
Packerforum does a pre/post game thread and then a game thread. Users seem to like that setup. Cards forum and sports hoopla do one game thread and they like it that way.

I honestly think one game day thread would get alot more activity then a forum section game day.

I'm just throwing ideas out, not officially changing anything. Just wanted to get some ideas from you and also share mine.
1 Thread.

-or-

1) Pre-game.
2) Game.
3) Post-game.

80 quadrillion threads is why I ignore 90% of the time.

1 thread would be ideal. Kept in the game day forum away from the main forum.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It gets a lot of traffic, I have years and years of wisdom to bring to this, over my life I have seen people fix what isn't broken and really mess it up.

Engineers, IT people love to fix stuff that isn't broken.

If it's not broken don't fix it !!!!

Not every thread will have replies, some are observations, some are just a bitch statement, some are an excited moment shared in the forum.

Plus, just refreshing the forum and seeing all the different threads posted because of a huge play, adds value to the person browsing the forum. It makes the place feel lively. Like there's people around you celebrating a big play. That's what people come here for. To feel like they're part of a community, part of a crowd of Seahawks fans.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Agree with you, fb123. This forum is fun on game day because of the instant reactions. The immediate reaction cheers (or venting) has a legitimate place here; and it keeps some of the whining out of the main forum. Always a plus!

flv2

Reaction score
An official game thread pinned at top of this section whilst allowing members to create their own sub-threads might be the best of all Worlds. Preventing new threads from being created in the main Seahawks section during the game would be a plus. Allowing people to vent there mid-game drags the main forum down.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Having a gameday thread would be great and then allowing people to have separate threads. That way, a player makes a big play or someone makes a terrible one - people can cheer about that player/player or commiserate over the terrible one, without being drowned out by the next 7 plays.

Just sticky the gameday watch together thread and then let people create their other topics and respond to those as they wish.

Latest posts