Wagner returns to Seattle (1 year/$7 million)

Fade

Reaction score
Do you have any particular games/plays to back up this claim?

Do you even watch the team?
I shouldn't have to show you anything as you should already know Ryan Neal is a beast, but here you go.

You want some film on Tyler Lockett next? LMAO!

Again, the Seahawks willing let Ryan Neal go. Terrible move.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Do you even watch the team?

Yes.

I shouldn't have to show you anything as you should already know Ryan Neal is a beast, but here you go.

Sorry, I was hoping for actual insight rather than regurgitation. I've heard you know your football, figure you had something more insightful to give than a highlight reel.

You want some film on Tyler Lockett next? LMAO!

Film? Do you normally call a highlight reel "film"?

Again, the Seahawks willing let Ryan Neal go. Terrible move.

Remains to be seen. The NFL wasn't really clamoring to sign him either.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Fade literally thinks he knows more than Pete and John. I have zero doubt about that.

I was just trying to get something to back up "the best player on defense last year". It's quite the assertation . I mean, outside of PFF (which is questionable already), I haven't seen anyone else making that claim.

You would think if he was the best player on the field for the Hawks last year, some team would have paid him a bit more than he got from the Bucs?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've probably stated this before in another thread, but my theory on Neal is he's an easy player to overrate as a practice squad player who made the regular roster. He's a strong tackler with limited speed and reactions and so the positives jump off the film more than the negatives.

Think about a fan favorite left fielder with a 0.945 fielding percentage but mediocre range. It was only in the mid 2000's that fans really caught up to that being less statistically valuable than a player with great range but a lower percentage. Now Zone Rating and Defensive Average is what hardcore fans will argue about, because they recognize that a reliable fielder is only useful when they are in position to make the catch in the first place.

That's one explanation for why NFL teams overall didn't value Neal as much as we thought they were going to. On some plays Neal looks great because he is in a good spot and follows through with a sure tackle. On other plays he may have blown his assignment or simply not been fast enough to be in position for a tackle, but we don't know the responsibilities on a given play so it looks like they just found a gap in our defense.

I was surprised by the move initially too, but it makes sense given the low NFL interest.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I've probably stated this before in another thread, but my theory on Neal is he's an easy player to overrate as a practice squad player who made the regular roster. He's a strong tackler with limited speed and reactions and so the positives jump off the film more than the negatives.

Think about a fan favorite left fielder with a 0.945 fielding percentage but mediocre range. It was only in the mid 2000's that fans really caught up to that being less statistically valuable than a player with great range but a lower percentage. Now Zone Rating and Defensive Average is what hardcore fans will argue about, because they recognize that a reliable fielder is only useful when they are in position to make the catch in the first place.

That's one explanation for why NFL teams overall didn't value Neal as much as we thought they were going to. On some plays Neal looks great because he is in a good spot and follows through with a sure tackle. On other plays he may have blown his assignment or simply not been fast enough to be in position for a tackle, but we don't know the responsibilities on a given play so it looks like they just found a gap in our defense.

I was surprised by the move initially too, but it makes sense given the low NFL interest.

That was my read on it as well.

I think his injury history may have been a factor as well. He seems to get banged up quite regularly which leads to missing games.