Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

Mindsink

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3qgu8xle said:
Take it from the man himself.

Fantastic. If he makes the cover, he can post a follow-up video to this in crutches. ;)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Mindsink":35j03yl4 said:
RolandDeschain":35j03yl4 said:
If you want to continue believing this, then don't do any searching on the arguments that Megatron proved the curse still exists because of his low # of TDs that year while having a ton of yards. There are plenty of chumps that explain it away no matter what.

Not only that, but his team went on to lose 8 straight games to close out the season at 4-12 after making the playoffs the previous year. Hmm...

The 2008 Seahawks went 4-12 after making the playoffs the previous year. Which Seahawk was on that Madden cover that year? :|

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Mindsink":314sny39 said:
MidwestHawker":314sny39 said:
In case you were wondering: it's not a good point.

Actually: Yeah, it kinda is. :th2thumbs:

You think that it's a good point to say that a person should go through life making decisions on the basis that they fear imaginary monsters under the bed?

I can't imagine what you think a bad point is.

Mindsink

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":189w35z7 said:
You think that it's a good point to say that a person should go through life making decisions on the basis that they fear imaginary monsters under the bed?

I can't imagine what you think a bad point is.

Perhaps a person shouldn't go through life making decisions on the basis of presuming that they know everything. 8)

Bad things happen (way more often than not) the following year after a Madden cover. Regardless of what you think the reason may be for it, or whether there is a reason at all, facts are facts.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Good Lord. Even though the number of people believing in the curse with really bad reasoning is hurting my head, this thread is at least serving the purpose of reminding me to go back and vote every day.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Setting aside considerations of whether or not we should vote for players to make the cover because we like them or to refuse to due to the possibility of cosmic forces attached to video game covers, on a practical level it seems clear enough to me that Sherman/Kaep/Cam are locks this round. Shady vs. Luck I expect to go Luck's way, but that has the potential for an upset.

Basically I think there are five candidates who can realistically ship the whole contest and be on the cover, and that will be down to four tomorrow.

Mindsink

Reaction score
The real curse happened in 2005 when EA sports signed the exclusive deal with the NFL, casting away the (far superior) 2K sports football game.

253hawk

Reaction score
Jimmy who? Also, ugh...so much QB-on-the-cover-cliche I can't stand it. Let's get defense back on the cover!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,418

chrispy

Reaction score
So this year, Sherm has a chance to beat Papaki 4 times.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Mindsink":qpxhyeci said:
The real curse happened in 2005 when EA sports signed the exclusive deal with the NFL, casting away the (far superior) 2K sports football game.

You got that right, Bub.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
randomation":vflc794x said:
So my big question about this whole thing how did the colts eagles and panthers have two players in the initial vote and not the hawks? Such as oh I don't know Russell Carrington Wilson that could have been a possible 2nd person for hawks maybe or Beast Mode or you know any of a dozen plus other members of the Super Bowl Champions.

TATE???? We could have gone with TATE??? :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Uthawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine how pissed Sherman will be if he loses to Kaepernick? I'm still voting for Sherman.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
First two rounds for Sherman were really obvious wins. Now it gets interesting. Kaep only getting by Foles and Kuechly by 57-43 and 58-42 margins shows that he isn't overly strong here though, I think Sherm at least gets to the finals.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2j4xdruv said:
I don't know what would be worse: Sherm losing to Kaepernick or Sherm losing to Luck.

I'm surprised anyone would put these two options in the same class. Losing to the 49er is way worse to me.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how many 49er fans on the 49er boards are voting for Sherman for fear of the curse. Smh. The injury rate of Madden Cover players and NFL players in general is about the same. :3:

Sherman's got this.