UW vs. Stanford

NoGain

Reaction score
I thought this was the game where we would get our vaunted offense back on track. So far, in the middle of the 3rd quarter, no dice. Hmm...what's going on?

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on with Penix. Like an injury or something. I don't know, but he wasn't very good last week and this week hasn't been any better.

They sure as hell haven't looked like the #5 team in the country playing a 1 win team last week and a 2 win team this week.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on with Penix. Like an injury or something. I don't know, but he wasn't very good last week and this week hasn't been any better.

They sure as hell haven't looked like the #5 team in the country playing a 1 win team last week and a 2 win team this week.
I don't normally say such a thing, but I think this team needs a reaming. Football is an emotional game, perhaps more than any other. They just look like they're not all in it. They seem to need the coach to light a fire under their arse.

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't normally say such a thing, but I think this team needs a reaming. Football is an emotional game, perhaps more than any other. They just look like they're not all in it. They seem to need the coach to light a fire under their arse.

100% agree. I really want to see a coach screaming in their faces to WAKE THE F@CK UP. I get that they're winning at the moment, but this is absolutely not good enough for the #5 team in the country against a 2 win team.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah looks like they're not gonna beat the spread. ;)

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah looks like they're not gonna beat the spread. ;)

I couldn't care less about the spread, but I do care if they're giving the CFP committee reasons to believe that they might be overrated.

Got the win, which is the most important thing, obviously. Unfortunately, "style points" matter in college football and I don't think they've given the committee any reason to believe they're a top 4 team in these past 2 games.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about the internet and social media and the psychological and emotional effect it has on players preparation for an opponent/game. I don't think we've even scratched the surface on topics such as this. You can't emotionally cloister a team from all the jabber taking place about them that's only a few thumb clicks away from consuming.

How does a head coach break through to players that they need to be on edge and prepared for an opponent when all they read about is how explosive they are, how big of a favorite they are, as if the game they are going to play has already been played.

I really think this is a bigger deal than people might be giving it credit for being.

I know I need to think more about this topic, but I know I'm right about something about it.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I think the Huskies would probably ranked down if Oklahoma didn't lose yesterday. UW just doesn't look very convincing as of late. But a W is a W.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I think the Huskies would probably ranked down if Oklahoma didn't lose yesterday. UW just doesn't look very convincing as of late. But a W is a W.
Yup. Their offense looked almost unstoppable most of the time before the last few games. It's just been off against ASU and Stanford. The O-line hasn't been as protective of Penix the last two games, and he's also missed on throws he usually makes, especially tonight. The defense, which looked pretty good last week, left a lot to be desired in the secondary tonight.

I kind of wonder if they lost a bit of their focus and mojo since the big win against Oregon, thought they could just mail it in against ASU and Stanford. But for those teams beating a top rated UW team could well have been the high point of their season. There just seem to be a lack of discipline and sense of urgency recently, and lesser teams are taking advantage of it.

I don't know. USC certainly seems beatable this year, but I hope UW brings their A game. I think I fear Oregon State the most of our remaining regular season games.

We'll see. They've got to get better fast, though. That's for sure.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the playoffs. A 1 loss Pac 12 champ gets in. If Washington wins the conference championship game, I will feel more confident in this team. However, i do agree that these nailbiters against bad opponents are concerning as far as the outlook on winning the conference.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the playoffs. A 1 loss Pac 12 champ gets in. If Washington wins the conference championship game, I will feel more confident in this team. However, i do agree that these nailbiters against bad opponents are concerning as far as the outlook on winning the conference.
My nightmare scenario is that we finish the regular season 12-0 and Oregon finishes it 11-1. Then we meet in the Pac 12 title game, they beat us, and they get in the college playoff and not us.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
My nightmare scenario is that we finish the regular season 12-0 and Oregon finishes it 11-1. Then we meet in the Pac 12 title game, they beat us, and they get in the college playoff and not us.

That would suck but I don't see it happening. Last season TCU went 12-0 and lost their conference championship game and they still made the playoffs as the #3 seed.

Latest posts