USA Today reporting Matthews/Sweezy fine amounts for NFCCG

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It has to suck to lose a game like that and then get a bill for it in the mail a couple days later.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkFan72":iuao3shj said:
It has to suck to lose a game like that and then get a bill for it in the mail a couple days later.
I hope vehemently that it does. Did you see Clay Matthews during the Pro Bowl draft last night? He was acting like a straight-up bitch. I loved it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tc68hw0 said:
HawkFan72":2tc68hw0 said:
I hope vehemently that it does. Did you see Clay Matthews during the Pro Bowl draft last night? He was acting like a straight-up bitch. I loved it.

Oh I'm not crying any tears for Matthews, I'm glad he got fined. Just making an observation about how that situation would really sting. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Grabbing your crotch = Helmet-to-Helmet-blindside-possible-concussion-causing-hit

I usually don't go for simplistic stuff like my statement above, but the Lynch fine is bullshit.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
His teammates should fine him for going MIA on the last 2 drives in regulation ... anyone get the real story why goldilocks was on the sidelines?

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":2bw4yjt9 said:
His teammates should fine him for going MIA on the last 2 drives in regulation ... anyone get the real story why goldilocks was on the sidelines?

He was gassed. Link (down the page a bit): http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-with-just-one-arm-b99428198z1-288995771.html

Out of gas: Linebacker Clay Matthews was out of the game for part of the fourth quarter because of what he said were a couple of injury and fatigue issues.

Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.

"Mentally, emotionally, physically drained," Matthews said.

Peppers was out for the OT, too.

Boycie

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1bdne3mw said:
marymoorhawk":1bdne3mw said:

He was gassed. Link (down the page a bit): http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-with-just-one-arm-b99428198z1-288995771.html

Out of gas: Linebacker Clay Matthews was out of the game for part of the fourth quarter because of what he said were a couple of injury and fatigue issues.

Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.

Our O just absolutely beat them down so they had nothing left. My kid and I were watching the game and I said that "this game has got to be one of the most physical games I have seen in a while." Our physical play is going to be a problem for the Pats later on in the game.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks only ran the ball 9 times in the first half. That's on Bevell. Completely stupid. The cheese packers can't stop Marshawn and Russell is struggling and they keep throwing the ball. Idiot.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2q8slwpa said:
The Hawks only ran the ball 9 times in the first half. That's on Bevell. Completely stupid. The cheese packers can't stop Marshawn and Russell is struggling and they keep throwing the ball. Idiot.

Think the 4 turnovers in the first half had more to do with the lack of running plays, than the play calling. The Hawks hardly had the ball on offense to actually run plays.

themunn

Reaction score
Seafan":1or2mhna said:

Wilson only threw the ball 8 times in the first half too, it's not like they went all Indianapolis on us, they actually threw the ball LESS.

5 of those 8 attempts were on 3rd and 7+ too, maybe you can run on 1 or 2 of those, but for all intents and purposes that's a passing down 90+% of the time.

In fact, Wilson only dropped back to pass on 1st or 2nd down the following times:

2-7 opening drive (incomplete)
2-7 subsequent drive (sacked for -3)
1-10 4th drive (intercepted)
1-10 with 35 seconds left in half (sacked for -1)
2-16 with 23 seconds left in half (stopped for -2)

So really, in the entire first half in first and second down where the run is still an option (with 30 seconds left and 75 yards to go you don't run) we only tossed the ball twice

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2wuw2qhj said:
marymoorhawk":2wuw2qhj said:

I'm still going with the Sweezy theory.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":owuhuh6l said:
marymoorhawk":owuhuh6l said:

Wow ... could you imagine how that would go over in our locker room? Earl plays entire 2nd half with separated shoulder (and plays well ... that hit on Lacy!). Sherm plays 4th quarter with one arm and is effective and Matthews sits out the 2 most crucial series of his teams entire season (and probably their last 3 seasons) because he was tired? He'd never play a down again.

And the 12's reaction would be priceless ...

Latest posts