US Mens Soccer

Smurf

Reaction score
Here is your Gold Cup Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/2007), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake/2011, 2013), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)
DEFENDERS (7): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC/2009), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy/2013), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers/2011)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake/2009, 2013), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/2011, 2013), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/2007, 2011), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo/2005), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC/2013), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/2011), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC/2005, 2007, 2011), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes/2011, 2013)

No Jordan Morris or Bobby Wood.

Yedlin listed as a midfielder for the first time.

Tim Ream got a call too.

Smurf

Reaction score
Guzan
Johnson, Alvarado, Brooks, Chandler
Beckerman, Diskerud
Yedlin, Bradley, Zardes
Aldtidore

Or

Guzan
Zuzi, Beckerman, Bradley, Diskerud
Altidore, Dempsey

Or

Guzan
Bradley, Beckerman, Diskerud
Dempsey, Altidore, Zardes

Smurf

Reaction score
Smurf":38bwvz5w said:
Guzan
Evans, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson
Beckerman, Diskerud
Yedlin, Bradley, Zardes
Aldtidore

Or

Guzan
Zuzi, Beckerman, Bradley, Diskerud
Altidore, Dempsey

Or

Guzan
Bradley, Beckerman, Diskerud
Dempsey, Altidore, Zardes

Is what I wanted to put...but Jurgen loves Timmy Chandler...so...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Guzan

Dempsey, Morales Diskerud, Zardes

Bradley

Altidore

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3r8z2fsg said:
Guzan

Bradley

Altidore
Dempsey at midfield is ridiculous. He doesnt have the workrate for it anymore.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":27n7em86 said:
Uncle Si":27n7em86 said:
Guzan

Bradley

Altidore

Already did this with you Smurf and showed his best position is (and always has been) winger

It's a 4213. Wingers tucked in. Let the speed come from the wing backs.

But...(when not trolling Smurf)

Would prefer we play a 4diamond2 with same players. Disk and Zardes outside. Morales holding. Deuce and Altidore up top

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ug6w8919 said:
Smurf":ug6w8919 said:
Uncle Si":ug6w8919 said:
Guzan

Bradley

Altidore

Already did this with you Smurf and showed his best position is (and always has been) winger

It's a 4213. Wingers tucked in. Let the speed come from the wing backs.

But...(when not trolling Smurf)

Would prefer we play a 4diamond2 with same players. Disk and Zardes outside. Morales holding. Deuce and Altidore up top

I would be OK with that Diamond.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34qkfg0l said:
Smurf":34qkfg0l said:
Putting this here as it could be potentially significant to US Soccer's future: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/u ... dre-yedlin

It's something that will become a facet of youth club development in the near(er) future.

I'd be surprised if Sounder's don't offer Crossfire something in the near future. Not a relationship they can afford to sour.

MLS holds all the money from what I am getting.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Or the Sounders?

Youth clubs typically get some recompense for when their kids get sold from top clubs that bring them in at a young age in most places in the world. To be seen if the U.S. follows suit. They should though. US is producing talent now. Youth academies should be celebrated for their efforts (and slightly rewarded)

edit: RSL Academy prospect Brooks Lennon is on his way to Liverpool. Brooks is with the U18 National team as well.

Another opportunity to see what compensation is given to RSL (or, in this case, their AZ affiliate).

Also a good showing for the DA system. A good handful of that U18 DA class are signing contracts with big clubs in Europe.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Quick shout to the women....

Great performance (bit lucky as well)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1t1hzjps said:

Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

Any other questions, bright boy?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3a5ezd0t said:
Ambrose83":3a5ezd0t said:

Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......

jkitsune

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1pfdfgd8 said:
Uncle Si":1pfdfgd8 said:
Ambrose83":1pfdfgd8 said:

LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......

Did you really pop into a thread that was clearly for soccer enthusiasts just to troll people who like something that you don't? For someone who can think of 'anything more exciting' to do, you certainly don't seem to have anything but time on your hands.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1p2edfnf said:
Uncle Si":1p2edfnf said:
Ambrose83":1p2edfnf said:

Brilliant.

I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

See yourself out.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":j68v7t1f said:
Ambrose83":j68v7t1f said:
Uncle Si":j68v7t1f said:
Ambrose83":j68v7t1f said:

Brilliant.

I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

See yourself out.

lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.

Smurf

Reaction score
Ambrose83":37dbebrb said:
lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.

Ahem,

PWRSH4E

Now get out of my thread.