Undrafted Free Agent Picks

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
BelgianHawk":2l5xfnz2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/arizonafball/status/726589600966148096[/tweet]
Someone should tell that crap school arizona that the Hawks have a new logo

kearly

Reaction score
Holy Shit. If Seattle had taken Boykin or Adams at any point in the draft today, either one would have been my favorite pick in the draft.

And it looks like they might have gotten both in UDFA. That's amazing. Rooting hard for Adams to sway some minds at his tryout.

The rest of the UDFA group looks extremely good as well.

George Fant in particular is really interesting to me. 37" vert at 296 pounds. JR Sweezy had a 36" jump at around the same weight. Fant was also a star player on the basketball team and has already shown a lot of signs that he has a pro mentality.

jake206

Reaction score
Vernon Adams joins seahawks on tryout basis
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/726592428946268160[/tweet]

JSeahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":12rw2sxo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/726589908110839809[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rand_getlin/status/726586663963512832[/tweet]

In shorts and t'shirt Vernon Adams would be the best throwing qb in seahawks camp, including Russell Wilson. On arm talent alone he's an nfl qb. I do agree with Brock that he's not athletic enough or big enough (body size, not height). He has all the arm talent and all the intangibles though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I dunno, I think there's a little PNW bias with Adams. Several QB-hungry teams, zero offers. Better arm talent than Russell Wilson? Come on now. I'm a little more high on Boykin at this point, but having two "names" compete at mini-camp should heighten the environment. Both likely a step up from Archer.

Rat

Reaction score
Nobody is going to accuse me of being a Ducks fan, but how does Kevin Hogan, who might have the lowest ceiling I've ever seen for a QB prospect, get drafted in the 5th round while Vernon Adams can't even get a UDFA offer?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
My gawd! This UDFA class is amazing, that Boykin stuff, holy hell what a steal.

This was a solid SOLID draft.

daveman918

Reaction score
I'm absolutely giddy about how aggressive and successful we are being with UDFAs this year. I can't wait to see how this plays out!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Yes, I knew they weren't going into camp with two qbs. This is perfect in my mind.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Rat":2ag7d3pt said:
Nobody is going to accuse me of being a Ducks fan, but how does Kevin Hogan, who might have the lowest ceiling I've ever seen for a QB prospect, get drafted in the 5th round while Vernon Adams can't even get a UDFA offer?

Forget Hogan, the biggest head scratcher is that absolutely terrible qb from SC, Kessler. Guy couldn't win a big game if his life depended on it, and he has a noodle arm.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
CPHawk":1xevyfhv said:
Rat":1xevyfhv said:

Forget Hogan, the biggest head scratcher is that absolutely terrible qb from SC, Kessler. Guy couldn't win a big game if his life depended on it, and he has a noodle arm.

I agree with both of you, Kessler and Hogan? like am I missing something?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1xjwqc79 said:
CPHawk":1xjwqc79 said:
Rat":1xjwqc79 said:

I agree with both of you, Kessler and Hogan? like am I missing something?

A Baylor basketball player got drafted over a Heisman runner-up and FCS star.

kearly

Reaction score
I always wanted Seattle to give Troy Smith a shot as a backup QB since he'd fit the Seahawks system so much better than just about anywhere else. It annoyed me that they never gave him a chance.

Boykin is the reincarnation of Troy Smith, so it made me pretty happy to finally get to see what a Troy Smith in Seattle experiment might have looked like.

And if Troy Smith doesn't seem like a sexy comp, then consider NFL.com's comp for Boykin: Tyrod Taylor.

With Adams, I've believed in him having NFL ability ever since he shredded UW at EWU. That was a pretty loaded UW defense that year too. And then he shredded them again in 2015, a year that had UW's defense #1 in the Pac-12.

So I am biased, but I think the guy can play and I think he's a perfect fit for Seattle's style of offense.

It's pretty weird that Seattle made Keith Price their very first UDFA call back in 2014, yet barely even extend a tryout offer to Vernon Adams.

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1bnqz7gx said:
I always wanted Seattle to give Troy Williams a shot as a backup QB since he'd fit the Seahawks system so much better than just about anywhere else. It annoyed me that they never gave him a chance.

Boykin is the reincarnation of Troy Williams, so it made me pretty happy to finally get to see what a Troy Williams in Seattle experiment might have looked like.

And if Troy Williams doesn't seem like a sexy comp, then consider NFL.com's comp for Boykin: Tyrod Taylor.

With Adams, I've believed in him having NFL ability ever since he shredded UW at EWU. That was a pretty loaded UW defense that year too. And then he shredded them again in 2015, a year that had UW's defense #1 in the Pac-12.

So I am biased, but I think the guy can play and I think he's a perfect fit for Seattle's style of offense.

It's pretty weird that Seattle made Keith Price their very first UDFA call back in 2014, yet barely even extend a tryout offer to Vernon Adams.

Troy Williams? The guy who's more than likely going to start for Utah this year?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Boykin and adams both have serious potential. They might force the hawks to carry them both on the roster.

Own The West

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/726589078917935104[/tweet]

Roster cap is 90, are we bumping up against that already?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Gotta wonder where Adam's mind is right now.

He thought he was the 2nd best QB in the draft lol

Then, not only was he not drafted, nobody even wanted him as an UDFA.

Will be interesting to see how he preforms. Probably will have a chip on his shoulder.

Would love to keep both he and Boykins as 2/3 on the depth chart.

Love it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hate the Ducks.

But I love Adams.

It says a great deal just how bad that Ducks team looked without him and how good with him.

And yes, that love affair probably started in that EWU game where he did whatever he wanted against a pretty good defense.

I was pretty down after the draft, but if these guys had been taken in the 5th or even 4th? I probably would not have been upset at all.

Not saying they are all going to make it, but I feel like the Seahawk strategy of taking 3 draft picks and knowing that 2 will not pan out but 1 will be a star was not the route we followed in this one. But some of these UDFAs are game changers, and that is sometimes worth a bet on. Not really happy we got very little to help our secondary but otherwise feeling much better the whole draft now.