Tre Flowers is....

rightbench

Reaction score
Dont know why it took me so long to realize that Flowers is the reincarnation of Kelly Jennings. Too small, unaware, penalty prone and beaten like a drum consistently but they're too proud of themselves to do what needs to be done and bench him. ... and they dont have anyone else anyway. Hopefully next year.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
He's not as small as Jennings.

That said, I think it's time to consider the experiment over.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Jennings always had better coverage on his wide receiver than given credit for. He just was too small to ever knock the ball away or pick it. Flowers is nowhere near the ball and then lopes behind the receiver until they score.

quadsas

Reaction score
anyone defending Flowers go and look at that 30 YAC TD and tell me Flowers isn't atrocious

hawk45

Reaction score
It’s Tharold Simon guys not Kelly Jennings.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
hawk45":t0t7iehu said:

Pretty close, getting burned by Edelman all game in the Super Bowl. The only difference is Tre doesn't whine for OPI every time they catch the ball on him.

knownone

Reaction score
He's not as bad as Simon or Jennings.

I just hope he'll have a bounce back year like Griffin did.

hawk45

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":1j84xf0x said:
hawk45":1j84xf0x said:

Pretty close, getting burned by Edelman all game in the Super Bowl. The only difference is Tre doesn't whine for OPI every time they catch the ball on him.
That’s RIGHT man how could I forget that part. That was the worst.
Good times.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Flowers is 6'3" and 205 pounds I wouldn't call him small. But he isn't good that I can tell you with confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flmmkrz

Reaction score
He's gotta go...this is just who he is. There isn't an evolution coming, I know the talking point is that he's still new to corner but outside the odd misplay it's not that he's doing anything terribly wrong that can be corrected , it's just that he's not fast or athletic enough. He has to play off to not give up big plays, when he plays close on short plays receivers run away from him. If he was a natural safety id rather put him back there over Delano Hill and get an athletic corner who can run.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Too small? He's huge.

Otherwise he is super inconsistent.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Bingo. It is Tharold Simon. What do they have in common?
Long striders. These guys have long legs. Exactly the types of corners Pete likes.
They can't chase shifty receivers . They struggle on brisk chance of direction. They can't accelerate.
Tom Brady (Amendola, Wes Walker) destroyed Tharold Simon in our second Superbowl, after Maxwell was injured.
Grahamhawker":3e0f0ohe said:
hawk45":3e0f0ohe said:
Simon seems a more accurate comparison.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I don't really know if I would consider *tackling* to be the strength of really many CB's in the league except a select few. There is a reason Offensive Coordinators scheme ways to get a running back matched up against a CB.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Flowers has the size. 6'3" give or take. He can bulk up some, but he's really just not that good. His hips are way too tight and he can't play the ball to save his life. He was decent last year, but really got exposed all season this year. He's definitely replacement level.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He was a reach, we knew it when he was drafted. I remember thinking “Ah, yes... I hope this works out.” and knew it probably wouldn’t.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Flowers lacks football intelligence.

Sherm would not have been beaten like this today because Sherm is football intelligent.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":13ekvqgf said:
Flowers lacks football intelligence.

Sherm would not have been beaten like this today because Sherm is football intelligent.

Sherm left because we couldn't pay him enough. You may start seeing a trend if thats the caliber you are intent on comparing him to.

Latest posts