Trap game vs the Dolphins

AVL

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson has ever won a game in Florida, unless there was some bowl game I forgot about.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One thing I am certain of is that since last season we are now what, 8-1 on the road? Incredible. I don't know what Pete's doing to prepare our team for road games but it sure as hell is working.

Trap game? Maybe in year's past, but not this team. And certainly don't tell Russell that.

Rat

Reaction score
Ambrose83":366et6tw said:
Give me 1 area the fish have more talent ? You can't. 4-0
Their starting corners are Byron Jones and Xavien Howard. That’s probably better than what we have going.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick could be on his way to his 7th 400+ yard day with his 11th 4+ TD day combined. Hopefully the Seahawks defense can get about 3-4 picks to offset it.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2szg6oxa said:
Fitzpatrick could be on his way to his 7th 400+ yard day with his 11th 4+ TD day combined. Hopefully the Seahawks defense can get about 3-4 picks to offset it.
Just need to hit him. A lot. Unlike Dak, Fitz isn't gonna be able to bop around on his feet and I feel will go down on the first hit. Bring in Quem and Robinson hard.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":6muepfct said:
One thing I am certain of is that since last season we are now what, 8-1 on the road? Incredible. I don't know what Pete's doing to prepare our team for road games but it sure as hell is working.

Trap game? Maybe in year's past, but not this team. And certainly don't tell Russell that.

Hey, whatever it takes to light a fire under him, you know?

(If he or the players read this board)

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think we'll be favored by enough for it to be a trap game. We've lost there before as I'm sure Russ, Wagner, and KJ will remember well. It was a scorching day with high humidity and the sprinklers turned on mid-game.

Fitzpatrick has been playing well this year but I don't think he is going to be able to make the explosive downfield plays that would capitalize on our defensive weakness. Their front seven can get to the QB (ogbah, wilkins, van noy, baker) but our OL has been playing better than expected so far and so I like our chances.

Own The West

Reaction score
I think we'll handle Miami no problem because we'll be focused due to all the injuries and how bad our D's been playing.

The trap will be against Minnesota, especially if we blowout Miami.

D

DomeHawk

Aros":35dwegc7 said:

It is incredible and it is a complete turnabout from season's past when we used to dread road & 10PM games.

Props to Pete on this.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This team is not going 16-0, so if they are going to lose some I'd prefer it be against AFC teams. Although we know realistically there's going to be a couple/few in the NFCW (No team is walking through this division this year).

olyfan63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":eylu5m3o said:
Aros":eylu5m3o said:

It is incredible and it is a complete turnabout from season's past when we used to dread road & 10PM games.

Props to Pete on this.
Yup, haven't seen a media article about Seahawks struggling in 10am East Coast games for a couple years now.

Miami is a decent team and they play hard for Brian Flores. Recall they beat New England in week 17 with some late-game magic. AT NEW ENGLAND. With home-field advantage on the line, IIRC. Fitzpatrick looked really good that game. Besides his accurate passing and overall good decisions, he was throwing lead blocks on screens, and making hard-nosed TD runs. Then he led a scoring drive, when the chips were down, and threw a TD pass to beat New England with seconds left. Highlights of that game below. Enjoy! It's always enjoyable seeing the Patriots lose. Especially when it led directly to them getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Miami is not a team we should be overlooking or taking lightly.

[youtube]QShZYwHnlW8[/youtube]

nanomoz

Reaction score
Rat":1t2h4x23 said:
Ambrose83":1t2h4x23 said:
Give me 1 area the fish have more talent ? You can't. 4-0
Their starting corners are Byron Jones and Xavien Howard. That’s probably better than what we have going.

And their front 7 generates a hell of a lot more pressure than the Hawks's.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The team knows how good the NFC West is. Can't afford any slip ups vs these type of opponents (Hello Arizona losing to Detroit)

The thing about Fitzmagic is he's not consistent. HE had a great game on Thurs which tells me he's due for some picks. He'll still get yardage, because they're going to need to throw it a ton to keep up, cause our offense is crazy hot right now. But as we've done the last two games, the D will make plays when it needs.

I think this ones a little more comfortable, more like the ATL win.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Dolphins have tended to suck but then they get these special teams plays no one's ever seen, this extra burst of energy, and Fitzmagic appears.

I don't know if even they can control their randomness. But I'd say they're probably the definition of a trap team.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2lafd17l said:
The Dolphins have tended to suck but then they get these special teams plays no one's ever seen, this extra burst of energy, and Fitzmagic appears.

I don't know if even they can control their randomness. But I'd say they're probably the definition of a trap team.

They looked pretty darn good on Thursday too. Fitz was something like 11 for his first 11 or something like that. Granted is was the jags but good is good.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37sd33dv said:
Miami's actually got a pretty good defense. Young, but if you watched the Jags game they were flying around and hitting.

This game will be no different than our first three games, if Russell can hang 35-40 points up, we win. If he has even an average game, we will probably lose.

Until our D finds some sort of consistency and stops allowing teams to hang around with blown coverages and giving up big plays, then this is how it's going to go every............single...............week.

It's all on Russell.

Actually, the Dolphins are graded as the worst coverage defense in the NFL by PFF, yes, even worse than ours.