Top 5 Seahawks RB's All-Time

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Erebus":2xis0rnu said:
I don't understand the disdain on this board for statistically the best RB in Seahawks history. People call him soft. So what? The results speak for themselves. He was a big reason why we reached our first Super Bowl. He was also the only player in team history to win an MVP award.

Is he being discredited because of a great o-line? That's like Sherman being discredited because he plays with ET and Kam. Is it because he claims to have been stabbed in the back, therefore not a team player? That makes him unlikable but doesn't diminish his skill. Is it because he tried avoiding contact? I'd say avoiding contact certainly increased his production.
I believe that it was the perception that he left us with... his health was more important than the success of the team.

To a degree, he was a quitter... likely too strong a criticism, but not too far off.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The "stabbed in the back" thing is certainly my biggest point of bias against him. He was certainly a very good running back, but whatever.

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":35xvnke2 said:
I don't understand the disdain on this board for statistically the best RB in Seahawks history. People call him soft. So what? Is he being discredited because of a great o-line? Is it because he claims to have been stabbed in the back, therefore not a team player? That makes him unlikable but doesn't diminish his skill. Is it because he tried avoiding contact? I'd say avoiding contact certainly increased his production.

Any one of those things would be tolerable. Wrap them all up together and put them in a tortilla and you have one bad burrito.

shawnsim

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Chris Warren. He was a smooth gliding malcontent that carried this team through some very lean times.

Can anyone direct me towards some highlights of his career?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
1. Shaun Alexander
2. Marshan Lynch
3. Curt Warner
4. Chris Warren
5. John L. Williams

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
1. ML
2. Cuttin' Curt
3. Shaun
4. Watters. Badass before we knew what badass was.
5. The rest.

As far as 'likeable'. uh. wtf?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Another 1 of these?LoL..I don't think some who put Smith in there saw him enough or at all..Not all his fault ..The line sucked back then ,playcalling,coaching ect I mean it was an expansion team so ..My top 5.Lynch,Warner,Warren,Williams
and Alexander..Tony Dorsett a Hawk for 5 minutes..Biggest mistake the FO made back then..#6...

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2h6htf3q said:
Another 1 of these?LoL..I don't think some who put Smith in there saw him enough or at all..Not all his fault ..The line sucked back then ,playcalling,coaching ect I mean it was an expansion team so ..My top 5.Lynch,Warner,Warren,Williams
and Alexander..Tony Dorsett a Hawk for 5 minutes..Biggest mistake the FO made back then..#6...

Preach it bro.