Top 20 Players in the NFC West - Hawks with 8

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Barry Wagner?

Uhh you kind of lose a little credibility when you stack the list with nearly nothing but Niners and can't even get opponents names correct.

That list looks to me like a Niner fan struggling to not be a complete homer but even then the results are pretty ridiculous.

Throwdown

Reaction score
KJ Wright literally gets no love, and the dude balls out every damn play.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Pfft...Stupid list. Patrick Peterson over both Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas....
Credibility was lost right there.

rlkats

Reaction score
I'm sorry I've never been impressed with Peterson. And yes the list seems a bit strange.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson lol

[youtube]1tyaJpDoEms[/youtube]

themunn

Reaction score
I don't think I can argue with the players included in top 20 (the honourable mentions on the other hand...), though I certainly disagree with the order of them.

The only one I can really disagree with is Laurinitis over Wagner (the best 4-3 MLB in the league last year)

WillySchu

Reaction score
I typically don't care one way or the other for these things. But is it just me or is anyone else extremely irritated that Andy Lee consistently gets a bunch of love while Jon Ryan gets none?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson is over-hyped. He is an amazing punt/kick returner but he still has a lot to prove as a CB. Sherman on the other hand was an all pro last season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3o0ctd8q said:
Patrick Peterson is over-hyped. He is an amazing punt/kick returner but he still has a lot to prove as a CB. Sherman on the other hand was an all pro last season.

Even that's debatable after his 2-turnover debacle in Seattle last year. :D I agree. IMO Peterson is the most overrated CB in the league. In ALL categories Sherman outperformed Peterson. But because Peterson's a top 10 pick, and because he had a good year returning the ball as a rookie people think he's this amazing player.

The fact is he was average as a rookie and pretty good in his sophmore year. However, he's nowhere near the "complete" player that Sherman is. He certainly isn't a force in run defense like Sherman is.

Veilside

Reaction score
jlwaters1":374lbong said:
SeahawksFanForever":374lbong said:

Even that's debatable after his 2-turnover debacle in Seattle last year. :D I agree. IMO Peterson is the most overrated CB in the league. In ALL categories Sherman outperformed Peterson. But because Peterson's a top 10 pick, and because he had a good year returning the ball as a rookie people think he's this amazing player.

The fact is he was average as a rookie and pretty good in his sophmore year. However, he's nowhere near the "complete" player that Sherman is. He certainly isn't a force in run defense like Sherman is.

I refer to this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68838 showing how the top corners graded out last year.

As you can see Sherman graded out as one of the worst against the run but he blew everyone away in coverage. Peterson graded higher against the run.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
WillySchu":359bd40d said:
I typically don't care one way or the other for these things. But is it just me or is anyone else extremely irritated that Andy Lee consistently gets a bunch of love while Jon Ryan gets none?
I noticed that too, Ryan is one of the top punters for dropping the ball inside the 20. Not to mention I have seen him make some good tackles.

509hawk

Reaction score
Hmmm, a punter in the honorable mentions but no Zach Miller? Not buying it.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It's great that we have 8 out of 20, but the list is horribly out of order.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
First comment at the bottom of this list:

SCOTT June 5, 2013 at 6:01 am

As a niners fan, I don’t have a horse in this particular race – but how in the world is Patrick Peterson ranked over Sherman?!? Sherman seems far too low on this list.
Other disagreements:
+ Kaep and Wilson should be higher – QB position is key.
+ Not sure why Whitner made honorable mention for niners. While he’s still relatively new to starting, I’ad argue that Alex Boone (our RG) brings more to the table than Whitner.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2mu0n5wn said:
First comment at the bottom of this list:

SCOTT June 5, 2013 at 6:01 am

As a niners fan, I don’t have a horse in this particular race – but how in the world is Patrick Peterson ranked over Sherman?!? Sherman seems far too low on this list.
Other disagreements:
+ Kaep and Wilson should be higher – QB position is key.
+ Not sure why Whitner made honorable mention for niners. While he’s still relatively new to starting, I’ad argue that Alex Boone (our RG) brings more to the table than Whitner.

I agree with all of those points...

I also think that Wagner is too low.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Treefiddy":2ez4gxlb said:
Aldon Smith over Larry Fitzgerald??? Dude, are you high??

And didnt Aldon Smith have 0 sacks in games Justin Smith didnt play? How the hell is Justin Smith rated lower than him? Richard Sherman should be #2 on this by the way. I think Navarro Bowman is highly overrated (which doesnt mean I dont think hes good).