Too many men on the field penalty on the Seahawks

aredub

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":1ephp4lo said:
Mick063":1ephp4lo said:
Cowboy fans can't stop moaning about this.

I think it balances out the fumble that wasn't called on McFadden.

Just like every other fan base, including the Seahawks fans, when calls don't go their way in a game they lose.

I've been here after losses and seen the same complaints about refs and how they screwed up.

We for sure got lucky on that, and I don't blame the cowboy fans for being upset. I know we would be as well. The whole game was awful by the refs. It went both ways.

chawx

Reaction score
By my calculations, the NFL still owes Seattle atleast 50 blatant calls to make up for the entire 80's, the Vinny Testeverde helmet TD, and SB XL. Do I complain when the refs cause Seattle to lose a game? Yes, because they still owe us a bunch. The play/lack of call referenced in this thread, (ie. a completely blown by the refs, that potentially could have resulted in a Dallas TD instead of FG) is 100% fine with me and I'll take it every. single. time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Refs were at the Pac 12 level on Sunday for both teams. However, what is a catch anymore? No way in hell we didn't get shafted on that one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":17ihvnzj said:
FlyHawksFly":17ihvnzj said:
Uncle Si":17ihvnzj said:
Here's the rule:

Rule 4, Section 5, Item 3 of the league rulebook prohibits consecutive timeouts within the same dead ball period for the same team. Per official rules, the refs are instructed to ignore the timeout request and allow play to continue. That's not what happened, though, with an official stopping the clock to inform Carroll that he couldn't call consecutive timeouts.

So why weren't the Seahawks flagged? According to Rule 4, Section 5, Item 4, a penalty would only be triggered if officials viewed the second timeout as an attempt to "freeze" the kicker, something Carroll wasn't trying to do.

Item 4 is completely irrelevant to any of this.

The issue is that the refs totally blew it by whistling the play dead in response to Carroll trying to get a timeout he couldn't use, thereby stopping the Cowboys from snapping the ball and getting the 12th man flag.

That the refs stopped the clock to inform Pete Carroll he couldn't stop the clock is just preposterous. They messed up. It happens.

This is correct.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17uybugm said:
Here's the rule:

Rule 4, Section 5, Item 3 of the league rulebook prohibits consecutive timeouts within the same dead ball period for the same team. Per official rules, the refs are instructed to ignore the timeout request and allow play to continue. That's not what happened, though, with an official stopping the clock to inform Carroll that he couldn't call consecutive timeouts.

So why weren't the Seahawks flagged? According to Rule 4, Section 5, Item 4, a penalty would only be triggered if officials viewed the second timeout as an attempt to "freeze" the kicker, something Carroll wasn't trying to do.

Isn't it a " deadball" after the first timeout? Does this mean you can never call consecutive timeouts? NFL rules are so contrived sometimes. I remember when a player went out of bounds the clock stopped until the ball was snapped again. Now it's only at certain times.