Tony Romo stays at CBS for 17 mil per year

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Can't stand him...all the shit he says he couldn't actually do himself when he played. His fake excitement is annoying.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
IMO the best announcers are former players who can see the down and distance and give a solid prediction for the up coming play it reminds me when I am watching the game with my wife I will say something that is often repeated by the announcers and she replies “ is there an echo”

Besides watching a game Romo is doing I also like the Manning cast for MNF ( I loved when they were doing the Seahawks/Bronco’s game this year and a drunk AF Shannon Sharpes reaction when Peyton Manning was screaming for a time out)

QWERTY

Reaction score
IMO the best announcers are former players who can see the down and distance and give a solid prediction for the up coming play it reminds me when I am watching the game with my wife I will say something that is often repeated by the announcers and she replies “ is there an echo”

Besides watching a game Romo is doing I also like the Manning cast for MNF ( I loved when they were doing the Seahawks/Bronco’s game this year and a drunk AF Shannon Sharpes reaction when Peyton Manning was screaming for a time out)
Both Mannings are either terrible or they need to talk on a real microphone because their accent is bad

rjdriver

Reaction score
Give me Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen please. I can't objectively tell you if they were any good to be honest, especially by todays standards.

What I can tell you is they take me back to the comfort of my youth. A time when innocence blinded me of the harshness of the real world. A time when the Earth had a few more people I really loved in it.

It sounds crazy, but a simple Enberg "Oh My", or perfectly timed narration by Vin Sculley to close out an inning hits me hard as I get older.

I don't know where that came from, but back on point....Romo is good. He doesn't bother me the way Buck/Aikman do.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I think Romo's actually relatively good. He's certainly way better than Troy Aikman and Joe (Dum)B(f)uck.

The positive surprise of this season has been Mark Sanchez.

Al Michaels is having a bad season, and at his age, he may never have another great one, but Michaels and Sanchez are currently the two football commentators I dislike least. I dislike Romo more than I dislike those two, but I don't get upset when I learn he'll be on a game I'm going to watch, the way I do when I see that I'm going to have to endure another game of Aikman and (Dum)B(f)uck.

BASF

Reaction score
I think Romo's actually relatively good. He's certainly way better than Troy Aikman and Joe (Dum)B(f)uck.

The positive surprise of this season has been Mark Sanchez.

Al Michaels is having a bad season, and at his age, he may never have another great one, but Michaels and Sanchez are currently the two football commentators I dislike least. I dislike Romo more than I dislike those two, but I don't get upset when I learn he'll be on a game I'm going to watch, the way I do when I see that I'm going to have to endure another game of Aikman and (Dum)B(f)uck.
Why not watch the Portugese broadcast?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's in a league of his own. He's the only analyst that can accurately predict the next play call for the offense. It's uncanny and that ability absolutely enhances the experience for the viewers... at least for me.
THIS.

He's the best all around. I learn 5 things EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch him call a game.

He has insight that eludes others.

I thought he was a goof when playing. I don't think that anymore. Makes CC on SNF look like a goon.