To the family of Bruce Irvin...

Cartire

Reaction score
Slick":2kxreotw said:
I hope Bruce can work things out.

With the politics added in, this topic reeks of shit.

I forsee the topic getting moved the the shack soon. This should help as well.

[youtube]QPKKQnijnsM[/youtube]

nsport

Reaction score
Just got this in my inbox.... I'm very fortunate to be in this situation - hopefully you guys don't try to bum a few bucks off of me.

My wife and I won $11.2 million in a lottery 6-49 in July, 2010 and we have decided to donate the sum of $2,000,000.00 USD to you. Contact us via our personal email for more details ([email protected]).

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cartire":3obp67ob said:
Slick":3obp67ob said:
I hope Bruce can work things out.

With the politics added in, this topic reeks of shit.

I forsee the topic getting moved the the shack soon. This should help as well.

[youtube]QPKKQnijnsM[/youtube]
That was depressing.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I wonder if he'll give me money since we're not related. I shall ask and report right back.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2fu5zirt said:
It is a well established FACT that the families of LOTTERY winners honestly believe that that THEY won the LOTTERY through their family member and that the money also belongs to them. They want their share NOW and will make your life miserable if you do not comply.
It IS Fact. Immediate family SHOULD be entitled to it. When I won a bunch of money, my brothers, sisters, kids, parents, I shared it with all of them.

It's called being FAMILY.

What did they give up for me when I had nothing? What would they give up for me if I had nothing? EVERYTHING.

Any douchebag who thinks somehow his immediate family doesn't deserve anything from his good fortune, is just that - a douchebag.

Cartire

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2g8q3anu said:
Bigpumpkin":2g8q3anu said:
It is a well established FACT that the families of LOTTERY winners honestly believe that that THEY won the LOTTERY through their family member and that the money also belongs to them. They want their share NOW and will make your life miserable if you do not comply.
It IS Fact. Immediate family SHOULD be entitled to it. When I won a bunch of money, my brothers, sisters, kids, parents, I shared it with all of them.

What did they give up for me when I had nothing? What would they give up for me if I had nothing? EVERYTHING.

Any douchebag who thinks somehow his immediate family doesn't deserve anything from his good fortune, is just that - a douchebag.

Its case by case. My family? Sure. Your Family? Looks like it. But not all families. Some families are just cruel to their kids until they all of sudden strike it rich. Are they entitled to it?

I cant remember, but didnt Irvins back story include a lot of Family issues and crime related drama?

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with helping out the fam -- but second cousins coming out of the woodwork, or people asking you to buy them stuff is ridiculous. If I made it big, I'd help the people close to me pay the bills they already have...but the uncle I hadn't heard from in 3 years and would never call on the phone is getting jack.

bellyfat

Reaction score
$100,000 each kid plus interest wow.

I'm not saying my parents are bad but wow I wish I had that security back when I was starting to learn to handle money/debt. It's not so bad now but imagine going to school full time, working two jobs and taking care of a disabled family member. Sad but money fixes a lot of problems in the world! I can understand where Bruce is coming from too.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2w4c25q1 said:
Bigpumpkin":2w4c25q1 said:

I think there's a difference between winning money and earning money. Bruce shouldn't have to give money to his family when he made sacrifices to get to the level he's at.

mikeak

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3cxut7e5 said:
When I won a bunch of money, .

MY BROTHER - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!! I have been looking for you everywhere

and by the way where is my cut :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":2tnkzeia said:
As far as getting pissed, just remember that any organization "begging" for money from the common people is doing so because they need it. They don't get millions or billions in tax breaks. We never see fortune 500 companies begging at the grocery store because they do their begging on Capitol Hill and essentially take our money without asking us to put it in a jar. It's estimated that fortune 500 companies have $1.6 TRILLION in offshore accounts so they can avoid paying taxes. When I see a kids' charity or a community nonprofit asking for donations, I get angry that they have to do that while stupid companies like Facebook find loopholes that allow them to pay NO taxes. So if we're talking anger about money-grubbers, I'll aim mine toward the truly greedy and not the needy ones trying to do good in the world.

I understand all that, and i do contribute when i can.. But when i go to 4 different stores and get asked to donate 4 different times, when i enter, when i check out, or when i leave, then feel like a jerk because i say no, i've already donated 2 times today, sorry it gets irritating..
Some stores have lost my business because of doing just that.
If I don't have enough (fixed income/ retirement) to buy the more expensive cuts of meat (tender and tasty), or the other over priced goodies in this particular chain of grocery stores, what the hell makes them think I have enough to donate to some of their charitable causes???
I HAVE been on the down and out ride, several times in my life, and missed meals a bunch, so where were these charities when I was down there?, probably accepting accolades for dunning the not so well off people, out of their not so spare money, that they couldn't afford to let go bye bye.
I'll tell you what feeling really shitty feels like, that's when you have nothing to eat, and you look around at the kids that you know are doing without in THIS Country.
Topic?, oh yeah, Irvin needs to tell those with their hands out, to go see uncle Fester for their share of the booty, as he's responsible for looking out for the folks who were there for him when the times were thin.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3frkbc1h said:
Bigpumpkin":3frkbc1h said:

Entitled?, Capitol BULL, Capitol SHIT.
If I were to hit it big, I'd find a way to help lift MY Family up to running a business that I'd start for them ,give them a chance to make a living wage there, but they'd have to earn it for themselves.
One of my way younger cousins snorted 3 Million up her nose in just over two Years, another younger cousins inherited 2.4 Million from his parents passing, and he died broke, less than five years later.
Sometimes just giving money to people, isn't doing them one dam bit of a favor.
Honest to GOD, my Dad use to say, "if you want money, go and earn it", but if you're hungry, I'll get Mom to fix you something to eat.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nsport":35emeuxt said:
Just got this in my inbox.... I'm very fortunate to be in this situation - hopefully you guys don't try to bum a few bucks off of me.

My wife and I won $11.2 million in a lottery 6-49 in July, 2010 and we have decided to donate the sum of $2,000,000.00 USD to you. Contact us via our personal email for more details ([email protected]).

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
Gee, I was really hoping I could count on you to help me out with Season tickets this Year too :16: