TNF rooting interest: Cowboys or Bears?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm waiting for WaPo to do a poll about whether Daniel Snyder or Jerrah Jones is the worst NFL owner.

In which case I'd have to say Jerrah's worse. At least Snyder has the option of firing Bruce Allen and may well do so.

The only other team close to the Jerrah bucket is maybe the Broncos. Elway's been treated like a proxy owner since Bowlen died. It's been unclear who exactly has the power over there, but finally the fans are getting restless. He's made some of the worst draft picks/FAs for years and his goodwill is at a 30+ year low. Market pressure will probably get to Elway if this continues.

Whereas Jerrah. He can't just put his kid in charge and back away quietly like Kraft is in NE. Nope, he has to be the one out there being the "voice," which until last week was still about "greatest story ever told" and Super Bowls. And now he's having public meltdowns on AM radio while his kid and everyone else stands by, mouth agape.

Losing seasons won't fix this. They have mostly lost in a generation's time. Jerrah should just be a figurehead, turn over the reins to his kid who hopefully has the foresight to turn it over to the football people and step out of it. But it's his world that he's the god over. He will never do that.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3p2uo4b0 said:
I'm waiting for WaPo to do a poll about whether Daniel Snyder or Jerrah Jones is the worst NFL owner.

In which case I'd have to say Jerrah's worse. At least Snyder has the option of firing Bruce Allen and may well do so.

The only other team close to the Jerrah bucket is maybe the Broncos. Elway's been treated like a proxy owner since Bowlen died. It's been unclear who exactly has the power over there, but finally the fans are getting restless. He's made some of the worst draft picks/FAs for years and his goodwill is at a 30+ year low. Market pressure will probably get to Elway if this continues.

Whereas Jerrah. He can't just put his kid in charge and back away quietly like Kraft is in NE. Nope, he has to be the one out there being the "voice," which until last week was still about "greatest story ever told" and Super Bowls. And now he's having public meltdowns on AM radio while his kid and everyone else stands by, mouth agape.

Losing seasons won't fix this. They have mostly lost in a generation's time. Jerrah should just be a figurehead, turn over the reins to his kid who hopefully has the foresight to turn it over to the football people and step out of it. But it's his world that he's the god over. He will never do that.

I'd rather be a Cowboys fan than Redskins fan. Snyder is younger, and seems even more inept. At least for Cowboys fans, Stephen Jones appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. He (sadly, for the rest of the NFL) stopped his idiot father from drafting Johnny Eightball.