3. Tyler Ervin RB
3. Lene Maiva OT
4. Kalan Reed NB
5. Mitch Matthews WR
6. Evan Boehm C
7. Keenan Reynolds QB
7. Tanner McEvoy OLB/SS

Im going to say I think this is how it will fall out

Maiava will be available in the 7th round...no reason to waste a 3rd round pick. Get him in the 6th round :)

Mitch Matthews will go undrafted...either get him in the 7th round, or try to get him off the street after the draft :)

That's being a bit dismissive. It's cool if "you" think Maiava and Matthews are 7th round prospects, but making statements like "will be available" or "will go undrafted" is kind of ridiculous.

For the record, I got mixed up with the names when I wrote that comment. I actually like Mitch Matthews. I was talking about Keenan Reynolds. Reynolds is Titan's 7th round pick already. Sorry about my confusion there.

So if I predict a prospect to be a 7th rounder or a UDFA, that's bad behavior? But it's okay for someone else to predict that the same player will be a 3rd round pick? If another person tells me this guy will be a 3rd round pick, is that dismissive towards me? I honestly don't understand what you're saying here. Is someone being overly sensitive here?

Look, the Seahawks send "representatives" all over the country every year in an effort to recruit some good UDFA's. This does not mean they are going to pick these guys in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Given JS' history, it also doesn't mean he WON'T pick them in the 3rd or 4th round, but probably not. JS has been known to reach at times. But choosing, Britt, a 5th round prospect in the 2nd round, isn't quite the same as picking UDFA's in the early rounds. I gave my opinion...you disagree..you call it dismissive...I call it my honest opinion. It wasn't meant to be mean...it's simply my opinion. What would your solution be? That I lie and say any UDFA's you like should really be early round draft picks?

Willyeye

Reaction score
kearly":1kjyzrt6 said:
Supposedly Tony Pauline said that he thinks Lene Maiava could be a 4th round pick.

No offense, but everytning I read from Pauline says that Maiava is a UDFA...I think there was one Pauline isting I saw that said he was a 7th-FA. Each to his own. Maiava was known in college as a horrible pass pro lineman...just another turnstile that could get Wilson hurt. I believe our offense is going in a bit of a different direction. I think JS/PC think Wilson is ready to become a Top 2 or 3 passing QB, and in order for Russell to make that move, he needs to have some REAL pass protection for a change. I don't see them continuing down this road of having an average-above average run blocking line, while completely ignoring pass pro. I know they didn't have the cap space to sign any big name O-Linemen this offseason, but perhaps they will after they get the $9 million space from Lynch after June 1. I think they will be spending a lot more next year, unless the current line somehow miraculously protects Russell this year. And for the record, my gut tells me that Cable has already been told that his focus needs to shift to pass pro. Russell has taken his game to a new level, and they're not going to risk his health on a weekly basis forever.

cover-2

Reaction score
Willyeye":1k2tel57 said:
cover-2":1k2tel57 said:
Willyeye":1k2tel57 said:
titan3131":1k2tel57 said:
1. Jonathan Bullard DT
2. Connor McGovern RT/G/C
3. Tyler Ervin RB
3. Lene Maiva OT
4. Kalan Reed NB
5. Mitch Matthews WR
6. Evan Boehm C
7. Keenan Reynolds QB
7. Tanner McEvoy OLB/SS

Im going to say I think this is how it will fall out

Maiava will be available in the 7th round...no reason to waste a 3rd round pick. Get him in the 6th round :)

Mitch Matthews will go undrafted...either get him in the 7th round, or try to get him off the street after the draft :)

That's being a bit dismissive. It's cool if "you" think Maiava and Matthews are 7th round prospects, but making statements like "will be available" or "will go undrafted" is kind of ridiculous.

For the record, I got mixed up with the names when I wrote that comment. I actually like Mitch Matthews. I was talking about Keenan Reynolds. Reynolds is Titan's 7th round pick already. Sorry about my confusion there.

So if I predict a prospect to be a 7th rounder or a UDFA, that's bad behavior? But it's okay for someone else to predict that the same player will be a 3rd round pick? If another person tells me this guy will be a 3rd round pick, is that dismissive towards me? I honestly don't understand what you're saying here. Is someone being overly sensitive here?

Look, the Seahawks send "representatives" all over the country every year in an effort to recruit some good UDFA's. This does not mean they are going to pick these guys in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Given JS' history, it also doesn't mean he WON'T pick them in the 3rd or 4th round, but probably not. JS has been known to reach at times. But choosing, Britt, a 5th round prospect in the 2nd round, isn't quite the same as picking UDFA's in the early rounds. I gave my opinion...you disagree..you call it dismissive...I call it my honest opinion. It wasn't meant to be mean...it's simply my opinion. What would your solution be? That I lie and say any UDFA's you like should really be early round draft picks?

It's just the way you stated your opinion as though it were a fact. Saying this prospect or that prospect "will be available in the 7th round" or "will go undrafted" makes it sound like a fact.

kearly

Reaction score
Willyeye":1pwcupx9 said:
kearly":1pwcupx9 said:
Supposedly Tony Pauline said that he thinks Lene Maiava could be a 4th round pick.

No offense, but everytning I read from Pauline says that Maiava is a UDFA...I think there was one Pauline isting I saw that said he was a 7th-FA. Each to his own. Maiava was known in college as a horrible pass pro lineman...just another turnstile that could get Wilson hurt. I believe our offense is going in a bit of a different direction. I think JS/PC think Wilson is ready to become a Top 2 or 3 passing QB, and in order for Russell to make that move, he needs to have some REAL pass protection for a change. I don't see them continuing down this road of having an average-above average run blocking line, while completely ignoring pass pro. I know they didn't have the cap space to sign any big name O-Linemen this offseason, but perhaps they will after they get the $9 million space from Lynch after June 1. I think they will be spending a lot more next year, unless the current line somehow miraculously protects Russell this year. And for the record, my gut tells me that Cable has already been told that his focus needs to shift to pass pro. Russell has taken his game to a new level, and they're not going to risk his health on a weekly basis forever.

There was a comment on Seahawks Draft Blog that said they read that Pauline was "hearing" that Lene Maiava could go in round 4. In terms of my own personal opinion, he seems like the profile of a UDFA player.

kearly

Reaction score
BYU fans are pretty skeptical about Mathews pro-day 40 time. They said there were reports that he was running around 4.7 when he began his offseason training and that on the field he was nowhere near 4.4 fast. Watching the highlights, it looks like Mathews is a try-hard player who succeeds despite a bit of stiffness.

That said, I can't help but notice that Mathews' highlight reel looks virtually identical to Jermaine Kearse's. Kearse has an extremely under-rated ability to high point the ball and pluck it, especially in difficult circumstances. I see a lot of those same kind of plays from Mathews.

If Kearse had left in UFA I'd want Seattle to get Mathews pretty bad. As is, he's redundant with Kearse, but wouldn't be a bad pick on day 3. I'm a fan.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":3f7xi0dk said:
BYU fans are pretty skeptical about Mathews pro-day 40 time. They said there were reports that he was running around 4.7 when he began his offseason training and that on the field he was nowhere near 4.4 fast. Watching the highlights, it looks like Mathews is a try-hard player who succeeds despite a bit of stiffness.

That said, I can't help but notice that Mathews' highlight reel looks virtually identical to Jermaine Kearse's. Kearse has an extremely under-rated ability to high point the ball and pluck it, especially in difficult circumstances. I see a lot of those same kind of plays from Mathews.

If Kearse had left in UFA I'd want Seattle to get Mathews pretty bad. As is, he's redundant with Kearse, but wouldn't be a bad pick on day 3. I'm a fan.

I had the same thoughts watching him. He's very awkward running, a bit like Matt Hasselbeck scrambling :x

Okay, maybe that's harsh.

But he is very good at using his size along the sidelines to get the ball, and he's surpisingly good at slants and crossing routes. But other than that I think his size and lack of agility will limit his route tree effectiveness.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
I see him on a fringe TE We mold.

Really seems like Luke willson with more production and better separation

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
As for Reynolds he would stay at qb. Yes he has been a running an but he does throw and he had a better Td to Int ratio then Wilson did. I think he could be a perfect backup.

I'm sick of wasting 1.5 + mil on tjack who has no value. At least in 4 years we could groom a an and trade him or get a comp pick for him or. Brock oiswieler, or the an patriots system or even gb... It's a great value to farm 1 qb. And to be honest it's the one thing is said that he has lied about. He said they would draft a qb every year just like gb

ivotuk

Reaction score
Can you help me with the meaning of your title? I thought this was a Tennessee Titan Draft :180670:

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's really tough to say if he's got a 4.4 forty or not. He definitely looks a LOT faster than a 4.7, and the problem with 6'6" guys is that they rarely LOOK like they have a 4.4 even if they do.

That said, his QB did him no favors in the speed department. Looking just at his highlights, he was typically behind the CB and secondary, but almost always had to wait or even come back to the ball when it was thrown. He looks elite at going over the secondary player to get the ball. The biggest question would be: how well does he get off the jam at the LOS ? Because if he is good at it, this kid is going to put up some production in the league. He has insane body control. Watch the basketball highlihts. I played a little college basketball, and this kid looks like he'd belong on the court. His explosion into the air is effortless, which shows good explosion. Also the way he handles the ball and how natural he looks in the air shows his agility.

I'm actually pretty impressed. The NFL is constantly looking for guys with basketball backgrounds to be receivers and TE's, and this kid fits the bill. I'd be shocked if he made it past the 5th round. I'd pretty pretty surprised if he actually made it to the 5th round.