Tips and Tricks of Training Camp

Tbone

Reaction score
So my eight year old is getting more into the Seahawks and I'm really hoping that he will be able to score some autographs when we go to camp on a weekday vs weekend.

Where is the best place to be at in order to get autographs while at camp?

I assume they mainly sign after the practice is over so don't plan on rushing out when it's over.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

GO HAWKS

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tbone":2pa6u2v3 said:
So my eight year old is getting more into the Seahawks and I'm really hoping that he will be able to score some autographs when we go to camp on a weekday vs weekend.

Where is the best place to be at in order to get autographs while at camp?

I assume they mainly sign after the practice is over so don't plan on rushing out when it's over.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

GO HAWKS

As far as autographs go, there is really no definitive place. The closer you get towards the complex, the better most likely...although we were halfway down right on the fence and we got lucky (got to talk to John Schneider during practice which was awesome, Pete, Kam, Brandon Browner, Deon Butler, Breno, close enough to talk smack to Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas during practice, close to enough to watch the LB drills up close and personal).

Yes, they sign after practice. I was kind of surprised so few players came over, but a lot of times they have post-practice meetings and lifting sessions so they are still on a schedule. Pete, Bruce Irvin, Breno and Deon Butler were the most gracious the day we went - and Kam was really cool to chat with and was very patient with people shoving stuff in his face.

It's really just random. Some guys were going all the way down to the end away from the scoreboard and hooking up the fans there.

seahawks875

Reaction score
They also have a wheel that all kids under 16 get to spin and you have a 1 in 5 chance at getting to go to a autograph session with about 10 players after practice.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
seahawks875":112iyue5 said:
They also have a wheel that all kids under 16 get to spin and you have a 1 in 5 chance at getting to go to a autograph session with about 10 players after practice.

this; they also try to encourage this to happen so that practice isn't disrupted. Players aren't told not to do autographs but they are encouraged to keep it brief, without being standoffish.

Remember, with the shortened amount of practices thanks to the new CBA these training camps are even more valuable than ever. And they are just that - training camp practices, not fan-service fests. They go Above and beyond to make it a great fan experience but those players are there to work, not entertain and sign autographs.

I'm not saying you wont get any but if it doesn't seem like the players are catering to he fans, its because they aren't, they are there to get serious work done just like any of us at our jobs.

Rocket

Reaction score
yes Virginia, they are at their place of work, and it's a job.
A really cool job, but still technically a job.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
seahawks875":ac6y93yl said:

What an outstanding idea!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3qcwdl4t said:
seahawks875":3qcwdl4t said:

What an outstanding idea!

You won't pass for 16 with that beard, Leif.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Spin the wheel first, and then get close to the fence probably near the right side.

I've seen a lot of kids yelling at players; its a good chance to teach your son (not that he doesn't already know) first names of players and the pleases and thank yous.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
A number of the players always come over to the sideline-corner of the practice near where you enter the area at after practice is over. Also, several players typically walk up to the sideline where the fence is after practice, as well. There is a kid's club, I forget the name of it, where it has an exclusive area that is good for getting autographs as well.

Latest posts