Tiny Legs

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just wanted to show the tiny legs in non-all-black pants and socks. I figured it was a bit of an slimming illusion. Also, if you watch the driving with Gee segment, dude has some serious trunks.

This isn't to say that he'll beat out Carson and I wouldn't complain about that. Essentially we have two first round talents at RB this year. Maybe even a very good 2nd round talent backing them up if uh....you know. {knocks]. Just correcting a perception of little drumsticks is all.

Ntxlvga6hzdngsmqulay

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great picture :)

Speaking of which, watching NFLN, holy crap! MJD has some Tree Trunks for legs! Dude looks unnatural!

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ivotuk":3lts5aep said:
Great picture :)

Speaking of which, watching NFLN, holy crap! MJD has some Tree Trunks for legs! Dude looks unnatural!
Maurice Jones Drew? If so then yeah....there's a reason why he was so hard to tackle and played with such power. It comes from the core. Legs, butt, abdomen, back...that's where a ton of football strength comes from. The flip side of that is that the mass tends to cut into top end speed. Both is really, really rare. Maintaining quickness can also be a challenge, which is why I bet that Mike Davis slows down some.

[youtube]DvUEgjqKLFA[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Aforementioned Mike Davis. He's probably put on 20 pounds this offseason. One report said he was getting closer to 240. Probably more than 230 pounds regardless...

Atgdxgxfhc5d9fu36vwm

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
38 seconds into this vid, I think you see why Carson is almost a sure bet to be the starter at least initially. We saw that he was near flawless in pass pro last year, even to the point where they left him one on one against Everson Griffin and then stoned him dead in his tracks. KJ puts on a quick spin, but gets pushed wide.

[youtube]1nGoTg9Ciws[/youtube]

OpHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":30it9bd6 said:
Mike might be bulking up to play some Fullback.

I’m thinking the same. Would make sense for him given the competition at tailback.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ivotuk":3sjd7i9g said:
Mike might be bulking up to play some Fullback.
I really doubt it. For instance, Madden is 235 playing FB now, but I doubt he makes the cut just because I think we're looking for guys with more dual functionality. A RB, FB combo doesn't really cut it anymore unless they can clearly do both well. Madden isn't that good of a blocker and Davis wouldn't be either and their effectiveness per run isn't worthy of carries when you have a Carson, Penny, and possible even Prosise (You down with CPP?) even though Prosise might be a stretch.

I really think that's a 2 man battle. Fowler is a powerful blocker and a real bull in short yardage that can also catch, but Hill is also quite the powerful player with some TE background. That TE background could really help him a lot. Our emphasis on more man blocking should serve one of the bigger, more powerful multifaceted players a lot better. Of Course, special teams plays a huge part so I guess that could bring Madden back into the picture...maybe. Either way, when you have a Carson and you draft Penny in the first, I think we're turning the page and we want to own that LOS on offense and let those two pound and just go back to Russ being a playmaker off of a killer run game. We want to open some holes and make defenses check their chin instead of just being able to pin their ears back and try and kill Russ. We're going back to balance.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Fowler is a naturally big athlete. He's 260 pounds and has surprising quickness, but can use that 260 and really dominate his target at the POA. We've seen a lot of Hill doing goal line dives at Michigan, but we'll need to see how he does leading the backs consistently. He's a few pounds heavier than Fowler, but is also 6'2 and could be useful as a move TE. If it were the 1970s or 80s, these guys would be big enough to eat their way into a C or G position. I want to see them dig a LB out of a gap cleanly and spring Carson and Penny for big gains. That especially benefits Penny, where he can turn on that top end stride.

If your LBs are reading run vs pass and they think they might need to take on a bullish FB and big RB in the hole...they might be inclined to take some false steps forward getting themselves ready for a big collision. That's when play action is at it's best, when the defense really has to honor it. Check their chins and get in their heads. It'll be a long day and you're going to feel it.

Jglnjnlsxfoo2orwovq1

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I've maintained that McKissic is not effective running between the tackles. He goes down on first contact. I seriously doubt that he's 195 that he's listed at now. However, even though a between the tackles carry for him is a waste...he's still got a shot because he's more proven than half the small WRs that we have on the team. It helps to be able to do a lot of things even if he's not that great of an actual RB.

On the flip side, Tyson looks a lot healthier this year.

Jvl5s2ubtrki4oao5ghu

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He’s got a big frame. Definitely room to get strongther and more toned in the coming years.

By year three, I want him looking like AP.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2cb9pmbs said:
He’s got a big frame. Definitely room to get strongther and more toned in the coming years.

By year three, I want him looking like AP.
Carson already does look like AP. Penny will likely pick it up in that aspect even if just by proxy.

Penny is a bit of a different stature though. The above pick makes his body style look more...uh...Faulkish maybe? Even though he's not quite as squatty. Pete said he came in at about 230 this year. Doesn't look like he weighs that much, but that's a good thing. Carries it well.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Eh...I take that back. Faulk was quit a bit more stumpy. Maybe another Jag woyld be a better comp, body style wise. Maybe Fred Taylor.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You know, it's actually difficult to comp older players and also from the college ranks. Older NFL pads are these giant, stupid things and it's the same thing with college. Modern NFL pads are fitted and very different. Most dudes even 20 years ago look like square robots that are mostly made of pads witg a lot of surface area.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ya, I'm just so afraid those little legs are going to snap like twigs. :roll:

Chapow

Reaction score
vin.couve12":dqr60nm5 said:
Just wanted to show the tiny legs in non-all-black pants and socks. I figured it was a bit of an slimming illusion. Also, if you watch the driving with Gee segment, dude has some serious trunks.

What?

Who has tiny legs?

Who has serious trunks?

Did the OP in this thread get deleted or something?

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":utoi1zoh said:
vin.couve12":utoi1zoh said:

What?

Who has tiny legs?

Who has serious trunks?

Did the OP in this thread get deleted or something?

Hawknationxxx made those comments that Penny has too small of legs and injury concern. He's the only one I've seen here even consider such ridiculousness.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3ru0x8g2 said:

This isn't to say that he'll beat out Carson and I wouldn't complain about that. Essentially we have two first round talents at RB this year. Maybe even a very good 2nd round talent backing them up if uh....you know. {knocks]. Just correcting a perception of little drumsticks is all.

Ntxlvga6hzdngsmqulay

Wait, you think that THIS picture is an indication that his legs are too small? I'm confused.

Latest posts