Thurmond still talking with Seahawks

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sign Thurmond now on the cheap in case Maxwell gets too expensive next year. This would be another shrewd move by the FO.

Plus, he is potentially your new punt returner.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seaswab":2028ykk1 said:
Tate showed there is no loyalty. We stuck with him for 2 years while he did nothing and he took the money and ran.

We stuck with Tate because HE WAS ON A 4 YEAR CONTRACT.

He was not injured for 3 years like Thurmond. He did not get suspended like Thurmond. What I was saying is he should be grateful for the way he has been treated in Seattle by signing a contract fair to both parties.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Many people on here predicted the Niners would go after him. Their corners are mediocre and Thurmond would be a nice upgrade for them.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 10m
It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I hope what WT3 means is that "I'm a risk to be suspended and kinda put the team in a bad spot after they stuck with me through injuries for years so I undestand" as the reason he's not back yet.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":eubabqoc said:
I hope what WT3 means is that "I'm a risk to be suspended and kinda put the team in a bad spot after they stuck with me through injuries for years so I undestand" as the reason he's not back yet.

I think it's pretty clear he doesn't feel that he owes the Seahawks anything.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Penman96":3r932fcs said:
Makes sence for Thurmond to stay now, if he walks out of Jax without a deal I'm not sure who else will offer something attractive.

Tampa. They went into FA with the intention of spending some money, and after the first day, they've been pretty quiet. I could see them going after Thurmond; he fits their scheme and they just majorly upgraded their pass rush. Next step is secondary.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Thurmond doesnt seem to think he owes the team jack for being suspended or injured, and them sticking with him. He claims we let everyone walk? Whats he lookin at?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ddcqtid4 said:
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 10m
It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

and with that he will not be back. His words "there is a reason I haven't signed back yet." suggests it is his choice, and then his words "just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk." suggest he is not happy how something was handled. Good by, and I doubt the niners

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
No one owes anyone anything once contracts are up. We wouldn't have stuck with Thurmond if we couldn't have used him regardless of his injuries or his inability to pass a stupid piss test even though apparently hundreds of other football players know how to cheat the system, dammit.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
34 games in 4 years

Plus he's an extreme risk to be suspended for a year.

Peace out Walter, don't let the door hit ya on your way out!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1ghizvym said:

He's saying Seattle either hasn't made him an offer or hasn't offered him enough.

joeshaney

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1rs7bh35 said:
Hawknballs":1rs7bh35 said:

I think it's pretty clear he doesn't feel that he owes the Seahawks anything.

He doesn't owe Seattle anything. He is, however, silly if he chooses San Fran. There are multiple teams interested in him. If he likes San Fran best, that is like starting a fist fight against your Daddy after you graduate from elementary school.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Dude, Thurmond is being a little B. Some harsh words being thrown around about the team right now. You don't see guys Red saying that kind of stuff in public, man. #character

Go do your business in 9er land then. See how their business treats you.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1fn1hvj9 said:
Dude, Thurmond is being a little B. Some harsh words being thrown around about the team right now. You don't see guys Red saying that kind of stuff in public, man. #character

Go do your business in 9er land then. See how their business treats you.

Remember when Darrell Jackson went there and was talking about how the 49ers were going to dominate? haha good times.