This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Wild Card Playoff Edition

BlueThunder

Reaction score

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
It's ridiculous that you have to travel to Philadelphia. A team should not benefit from an extremely weak division and host a playoff game against a better team. But that's how it is for now until they decide to change it if they change it. On the plus side you can win that game and probably will. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm actually comfortable with things the way they are. I think if you actually WIN your division, no matter the record, you should at least have one home game. I've gone back and forth with this in my head, but I think it's fine the way it is. JMHO. And thanks for being a cool Niner fan, btw. There are a few of you that are regular posters. And most of us (I think) welcome that.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
BlueThunder":5xba42c8 said:
I'm actually comfortable with things the way they are. I think if you actually WIN your division, no matter the record, you should at least have one home game. I've gone back and forth with this in my head, but I think it's fine the way it is. JMHO. And thanks for being a cool Niner fan, btw.

Thanks you. I think you guys will win. It will be interesting to see the game. I'm sure I will watch it. IMO the most fair system would be take the top 6 seeds and they are in the playoffs. Take the top 2 and they have the first round bye and whoever is best has home field advantage. Take the remaining 4 and they play the wild card games. Best records at home, worse records travel. Divisions don't matter in the equation. Just best 6 in the Conference ranked and sorted out. I think that is a more fair system. It would certainly help you THIS YEAR.

Yes you can go back to that 1 year where you guys were 7 - 9 and got a home playoff game. I think that is an exception to the rule. I wouldn't build the playoffs around that exception rarity. But that's just me.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
WILD CARD WEEKEND

SATURDAY, JANUARY 04TH

4:35 PM ET ESPN
BILLS AT TEXANS

8:15 PM ET CBS
TITANS AT PATRIOTS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 05TH WILD CARD WEEKEND

1:05 PM ET FOX
VIKINGS AT SAINTS

4:40 PM ET NBC
SEAHAWKS AT EAGLES

For those interested in all games. Here is wildcards.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":13dd8wzp said:
Eagles fans are silent

They are definitely feister than they were in Week 12 as seen in the comments: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... rdogs-news

And here, Mookie Alexander of FieldGulls has supplemented the usual enemy Q and A with another story: "Three reasons why the Seahawks will lose the wild card" https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... carroll-qb

The reasons given were deteriorating run D, slow starts to playoff games and the Eagles' D-line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'll be at the game. I was also at week 12 in Philly. They were neutered and passionless in the stands. I'm excited to see how that changes this time around.