This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well, here we go again! I have been SO ready for this season to get underway, to help wash away that foul stench of... Well... you know. It would have been nice to start off a bit easier though! Rams and Packers? On the road? Ouch! And it will be trial by fire for our suspect o-line against St. Louis. I hope Russ makes it out alive! On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to seeing our defense in action. It looks like it could be even better, especially if Kam ever gets his butt back to where it should be, anchoring the LOB! So irritating! Can we really even call it the LOB if Kam isn't there? Anyhoo, glad to be back with ya'll for another awesome season! Let's get this thing going!

And...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Clan Ram

http://www.clanram.com/forums/forum.php

Real Rams Fans

http://www.realramsfans.com/index.php

Ram Rule

http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/

Rams on Demand

http://ramsondemand.com/

St. Louis Today newspaper forum

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/vie ... d49071cf16

EDIT: Here are a couple brand new LA-based forums submitted by RedAlice, one of our resident Rams Fans, that have semi-decent traffic. Thanks Red!

Rams Fans United

http://www.ramsfansunited.com/

LA Rams Fans

http://www.laramsfans.com/

If you know of any MORE I missed, please post below.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Any of those considered "the good one"?

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Not really. And even though Clan Ram isn't the busiest, I always put it at the top because we have a "history" with them... Not as much as 10 years ago, but there are still some connections.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Here's one Rams fan's argument for why Seattle will be worse this year:

Let's see... Lost defensive coordinator - check. Lost starting CB Byron Maxwell - check. Lost Superbowl MVP LB Malcom Smith - check. Lost pass rushing DE Schofield - check. Lost starting OG Carpenter - check. Lost center Max Unger - check. Gained TE Jimmy Graham - check.

- RamFan503

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-vs ... 511/page-3

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I see most of those boards are on post-mortem fourth pregame and roster cuts and looking to the season mode... You know, just like our board is at this moment. At the time of writing, not a single Ram thread here. I figured I'd post early seeing as every team in the NFL played last night. It'll start heating up right directly with Hawks stuff.... Once reality slaps 'em in the face! :twisted: :D

dadof3

Reaction score
fenderbender123":adegn2yb said:

Let's see... Lost defensive coordinator - check. Lost starting CB Byron Maxwell - check. Lost Superbowl MVP LB Malcom Smith - check. Lost pass rushing DE Schofield - check. Lost starting OG Carpenter - check. Lost center Max Unger - check. Gained TE Jimmy Graham - check.

- RamFan503

Apparently that guy has never heard of a thing called "the draft"

olyfan63

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1zd52lr6 said:

- RamFan503

Most of that is actually pretty amusing as an argument why Seattle will be worse.
If that's what Rams fans are being fed, well, they're in for a rude surprise.

There are however, some legit reasons Seattle could be worse:
* Russell Wilson now actually "hits" the salary cap @7M in 2015; Seattle will have $7M less to spend on talent/depth
* Yes, Loss of Unger is a factor, with much less experienced replacements.
* Inexperience/turnover on OL (but arguments why OL will be *better* are more valid, IMO)
* Injuries/holdouts/turnover/uncertainty in LOB secondary; no Kam, as of yet; Jeron Johnson still PUP; ET and Sherman recovering from offseason surgeries (Kam too, when back); turnover/communication, not so much loss of Maxwell, but overall cohesiveness, with Maxwell AND Kam not out there.

Individual items:
* Lost CB Maxwell: Ample replacements are already on the roster, e.g., Cary Williams
* Lost SB MVP LB Malcolm Smith: Smith was 2nd/3rd string in this LB corp. Kevin-Pierre Louis is a backup who is as good or better.
* Lost Pass Rushing DE Schofield: Another 2nd/3rd string guy. Rookie Frank Clark is way, way better. Overall much improved here.
* Lost starting OG Carpenter: RT Justin Britt moves to LG spot. Based on last year, expected to be markedly better overall than Carpenter.

The reasons why Seattle will be significantly better than last year, especially at playoff time, would just be scary to Rams fans who put any stock in fenderbender123's original post. A short list:
* Frank Clark, rookie DE/DT, can you say DROY? All I can say from his preseason play is WOW.
* Tyler Lockett, rookie WR/KR, Lockett has lit it up in preseason. KSU guy, so some Rams fans might know of him.
* Jimmy Graham, TE, notice I put Graham 3rd on this list?
* Better group of WR's overall; more threats
* Better pass blocking (but prob not by 1st Rams game); Wilson will at times actually have time to throw downfield
* Fred Jackson, RB, assuming he has one more season in the tank
* Bruce Irvin, in a contract year and angry about not getting a big payday extension

All that said, the Rams always play us tough, especially in their house, much respect to their team, especially that amazingly good DL they have. It will also be very interesting to see how Nick Foles does in a Rams uniform.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I generally find opposing teams' sports radio more interesting than their boards. Any Rams fans have links to some podcasts? I assume there are more than a couple of shows/stations so any pointers would be nice.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This is a link to one of their main sports channels, 101 sports:

http://www.101sports.com

I know they discuss relocation and the Cardinal BB team a lot - maybe they also discuss the Rams and football. Has a link for podcasts.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RedAlice":208mjoan said:
This is a link to one of their main sports channels, 101 sports:

http://www.101sports.com

I know they discuss relocation and the Cardinal BB team a lot - maybe they also discuss the Rams and football. Has a link for podcasts.

Thank you, Alice.

Also wanted to share http://www.ktgr.com/the-st-louis-rams-p ... e-on-ktgr/ which also happens to have a "babe of the day" page. Even if their coverage sucks, at least they know how to draw some clicks from me.

Cheers

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
RedAlice":4xnf8n1t said:
@BlueThunder

Here are two new Rams boards. They are LA based boards, so they are brand new and membership is small. We had some good game discussions during the pre-season.

http://www.ramsfansunited.com

http://www.laramsfans.com

Hey, thanks man! They actually have enough traffic to make the cut, and will be added to the rotation. Appreciate it!

LA based eh? Some optimistic people in the City Of Angels?

RedAlice

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3o5s7h2m said:
Hey, thanks man! They actually have enough traffic to make the cut, and will be added to the rotation. Appreciate it!

Nice. Some of us are banned on the St. Louis sites and it's nice to have sites where we can both discuss the Rams and also not have to hide that we want the Rams to come home. I've also learned there are more Rams fans in San Diego than just me. :D

If the Rams do move to LA, I expect these sites to grow and develop.

As to LA fans being optimistic - there is just enough information out there right now for both sides to feel hopeful. :D We will have to wait until the season is over to see how it goes.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
RedAlice":fn79l4mz said:
BlueThunder":fn79l4mz said:

Nice. Some of us are banned on the St. Louis sites and it's nice to have sites where we can both discuss the Rams and also not have to hide that we want the Rams to come home. I've also learned there are more Rams fans in San Diego than just me. :D

If the Rams do move to LA, I expect these sites to grow and develop.

As to LA fans being optimistic - there is just enough information out there right now for both sides to feel hopeful. :D We will have to wait until the season is over to see how it goes.

It is interesting stuff to us NFL fans on the west coast, this whole possible team relocation thing... But I would feel so bad for the fans that live in St. Louis... But then again, LA felt the same way not so long ago. And Seahawks fans remember when we thought we were losing our beloved Seahawks when Ken Behring... *shudder*... tried to move 'em to California. But to be totally honest, I don't really care all that much as long as the end result is us NOT moving back to the AFC West. I know more than a few fellow hawks fans that would like to see that move, but I'm not one of 'em. I've grown to love the rivalries in the NFC West, and would hate to be ripped away again! Plus, as of right now, the NFC is the dominant conference, so it's way cooler to be king of the NFC right now... :D

morgulon1

Reaction score
BlueThunder":5ccwrs2g said:
I see most of those boards are on post-mortem fourth pregame and roster cuts and looking to the season mode... You know, just like our board is at this moment. At the time of writing, not a single Ram thread here. I figured I'd post early seeing as every team in the NFL played last night. It'll start heating up right directly with Hawks stuff.... Once reality slaps 'em in the face! :twisted: :D

Thank you for doing this. All is ok with the world.

A couple of points.

1) I think there is a great chance that STL takes this game at the dome. We have problems there and I don't
this year to be any different. And I could list the reasons but I won't.

2) I feel sorry for the fans in St Louis. Being a Sonic fan, it's a crappy feeling having the possibility of the team
you love be taken and moved to another city. Even IF the team was originally from LA ( actually Orange Co.
well actually Cleveland) but you get the point.

3) I don't have a third point.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
dadof3":1a4ykasn said:
fenderbender123":1a4ykasn said:

- RamFan503

Apparently that guy has never heard of a thing called "the draft"

and a guy named Locket which finally we have a game breaker.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I've been kinda waiting for this to pop up. I was hoping to see some really overly optimistic post from Ram fans just for entertainment purposes from you guys. Fact of the matter is I think both fan bases have a lot of respect for the opposing/rival team. You don't always see that.

Interesting how similar our teams are. They are both predicated around playing stout, physical, defense and running the ball with their strong stable of running backs. Both teams' fan bases will be holding their breath every time their own QB drops back to pass, too. It's just a scary thought for both sides because our OL's both suck. It's just a scary thought, you know.

This is one game I'm guaranteed to make this year. This is my favorite game every year. Last year I say so close to the Rams bench I could hear the voices at times. It was an amazing experience! I can't wait for Sunday!!!

I could honestly see this game being a disaster for my Rams. We have new everything, almost. OL, OC, young WR's/still developing, Quick coming off injury, and even QB. That's a lot of new pieces! I don't think we'll have to score that many points, though. I just hope we take care of the ball. Our defense has almost all its returning players plus the additions of Ayers and Fairly. It's just all on the offense.

If there is one thing the Rams OL "SHOULD" be able to do well, it's run blocking. Robinson, Saffold, J. Brown, and Havenstine are penciled in as high grade run blockers. That should most definitely be an advantage, but I'm not putting my paycheck on it. However, a stacked box is rough sledding for any offense whose forte is running the ball. That's especially true if they can't make defenses pay for cheating up to stop the run or flat out blitzing. I expect SEA to send heat early and often. I know the Rams will.

If there was one thing the Rams offense did extremely well in Preseason, it was execute screen passes. Tavon had a couple huge gains off them and the Ram RB's did too. I hope that's a sign the Rams can stifle the pressure the SEA a sure to throw at them early. It's kind of what I'm hanging my hat on outside of our defense doing what it does best. Like I said, our teams are really similar. You guys even have a little speedster again, previously Harvin, in Lockette. We of course have Tavon.

We're gonna be on the edge of our seats early and throughout, fellas. Such a huge game so early.

Is it Sunday, yet? :mrgreen:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2h4j4gk7 said:
Last year I say so close to the Rams bench I could hear the voices at times.

That's close, good seats.

However...

In Seattle, you could be sitting right next to them and not hear them. :th2thumbs:

This should be a good game. But I doubt your O-line will do much pushing. Having Kam out hurts our run-D a bit, but I doubt it'll make a large difference overall. Wagner and KJ will fill the gaps, whatever gaps may exist.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":jtz5qn6d said:
SuperMan28":jtz5qn6d said:
Last year I say so close to the Rams bench I could hear the voices at times.

That's close, good seats.

However...

In Seattle, you could be sitting right next to them and not hear them. :th2thumbs:

This should be a good game. But I doubt your O-line will do much pushing. Having Kam out hurts our run-D a bit, but I doubt it'll make a large difference overall. Wagner and KJ will fill the gaps, whatever gaps may exist.

Lol, depends on the score I guess. That game had every fan quiet in moments. The drama was intense.

Last year Wagoner was out, this year it's Kam. What's the odds of them signing him before Sunday? His leverage grows.

Honestly I would not be surprised if our OL tanks Sunday. I remember week one last year against the Vikings. They were terrible, pathetic. I'm nervous about it.

All I know is Foles is better than Austin Davis, of whom got cut. (You don't see many teams overhaul the QB position like the Rams did in one offseason. Only returning guy is Keenum and he was 4th string if you count Sam.)