This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
paramedic586":2yynsu3h said:
Why would you call CK a punk? You do know why he kisses his arm right? Im still trying to get people to talk some football instead arguing. Ive been civil this whole time too.

I appreciate your football talk, Medic. I wish more of the visitors brought it like that. When some folks run out of constructive tools (in this case words and knowledge) they resort to name-calling and baseless generalities.

As for your football post, you said "Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense." But as you point out, Wilson was the exception, as he didn't throw for 300 yards combined in the two contests. Well, Marshawn Lynch is also the exception, as he had two 100-yard games rushing against the 9ers. The Seahawks are better balanced than GB (also, GB's #1 RB was playing his first professional game ever last week). But yeah, the Hawks will need to have better run/pass balance against the 9ers than we had against Carolina for sure.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OverWeightMan":3693mow9 said:
The seahawks should worry about scoring more than 3 points a quarter. I guarantee the 49ers' D is stronger than a Carolina team that gave up 363 points a season ago. Pump them up all you want, it was the Panthers and everyone knows it!

Said the guy who's team scored a whopping six points in three quarters the last time they came to Seattle. :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":12i35md5 said:
Fun fact #1 Hawks kicked our ass last year 42-13. Fun fact #2 The win didn't mean dick, you still lost the division and were out played by Atlanta and didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Fun Fact #3 Last years wins dont mean a thing. Fun fact #4 With all your stats about Pete Carroll since he took over, you failed to mention you lost the division last two years in a row to us. Fun fact #5 Only wins that get you to the playoffs and wins in the playoffs count. So keep your stats and your 42-13, whatever gets you through the day, come Sunday it wont mean anything to either team.

First of all... lighten up Francis. "I" haven't ever lost anything to "you".

Second.. So what you are saying is that the Hawks kicked the Niners ass? And that it didn't matter? Well then maybe we should re-live the commentary from Niner nation following the loss. It sure looked like it mattered then.

The Niners won the division 2 whole years in a row? Well polish my knob. That's impressive!

Seriously... I think that this matchup will be a lot more like what we expected it to be in 2012, but never had. I do think that the game in SF is more important in that it is later in the season. The Niners are an awesome team, but the Hawks can play with them in every phase. This isnt going to be like the defensive Carolina game and it won't be as offensive as the SF/GB game. Somewhere in the middle of that.

paramedic586

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":48eu6gbr said:
paramedic586":48eu6gbr said:
Why would you call CK a punk? You do know why he kisses his arm right? Im still trying to get people to talk some football instead arguing. Ive been civil this whole time too.

I appreciate your football talk, Medic. I wish more of the visitors brought it like that. When some folks run out of constructive tools (in this case words and knowledge) they resort to name-calling and baseless generalities.

As for your football post, you said "Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense." But as you point out, Wilson was the exception, as he didn't throw for 300 yards combined in the two contests. Well, Marshawn Lynch is also the exception, as he had two 100-yard games rushing against the 9ers. The Seahawks are better balanced than GB (also, GB's #1 RB was playing his first professional game ever last week). But yeah, the Hawks will need to have better run/pass balance against the 9ers than we had against Carolina for sure.

I agree. The same with the 49ers. One of the reasons the niners got bounded by seattle last year is because they went away from what they are known for. They ran the ball with Gore a total of six times. I don't know why the 49ers went pass heavy early in the game but that is not how the 49ers win games. (obviously at the end they needed to pass alot because of being down by so much.) Lynch has always been a problem against the 49ers defense. Lynch is a beast. I think why RW stats weren't so great the second game was because he didn't need to throw the ball to win the game. The hawks ran the ball to their left (Justin smith side) a lot that game and capitalized. No excuses though. Seattle exploited a weakness. Witch is interesting because if the hawks defense of line is banged up still (I keep hearing three starters out on the line) then I can see the 49ers trying to exploit that. I expect heavy running from the 49ers. I also think the best chances of beating Seattle is containing RW in the pocket and taking away his throwing lanes. (if possible.) I watched the Seattle game and it appeared that he checked down a lot. (not sure if by design). But Your WR core is so good at knowing where RW is running. It is like they have eyes in the back of their head. So are you guys going to have your starting DL playing sunday?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2vlwq1p4 said:
lvnginhwktwn":2vlwq1p4 said:
Fun fact #1 Hawks kicked our ass last year 42-13. Fun fact #2 The win didn't mean dick, you still lost the division and were out played by Atlanta and didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Fun Fact #3 Last years wins dont mean a thing. Fun fact #4 With all your stats about Pete Carroll since he took over, you failed to mention you lost the division last two years in a row to us. Fun fact #5 Only wins that get you to the playoffs and wins in the playoffs count. So keep your stats and your 42-13, whatever gets you through the day, come Sunday it wont mean anything to either team.

First of all... lighten up Francis. "I" haven't ever lost anything to "you".

Second.. So what you are saying is that the Hawks kicked the Niners ass? And that it didn't matter? Well then maybe we should re-live the commentary from Niner nation following the loss. It sure looked like it mattered then.

The Niners won the division 2 whole years in a row? Well polish my knob. That's impressive!

Seriously... I think that this matchup will be a lot more like what we expected it to be in 2012, but never had. I do think that the game in SF is more important in that it is later in the season. The Niners are an awesome team, but the Hawks can play with them in every phase. This isnt going to be like the defensive Carolina game and it won't be as offensive as the SF/GB game. Somewhere in the middle of that.

Ok I can lighten up.

Not saying it didn't matter, of course to the 9ers and their fans it matter, I meant it didn't change the outcome of the season.

If the Hawks won the division two years in a row and were 3-1 against us for the last years you would be singing a different toon.

Agreed! This will be a totally different game then either of the games we played last season. I hope we have a game that is a hard fought, straight up football. No f'd up ref calls, bullshit hits, fights, injuries, etc. My only real concern is now that all the attention is on us, meaning the Hawks and 9ers, I hope we can live up to all the hype. The NFC West is finally getting some props, dont want that to stop.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2o0rl0hn said:
P.S. My name is not Francis..............................LOL

If I'm not mistaken, that's a reference to the great movie "Stripes", with Bill Murray.

Excerpt from movie quotes:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

Bill murray stripes1981 1330

Sgt Hulka

irocdave

Reaction score
Agreed! This will be a totally different game then either of the games we played last season. I hope we have a game that is a hard fought, straight up football. No f'd up ref calls, bullshit hits, fights, injuries, etc. My only real concern is now that all the attention is on us, meaning the Hawks and 9ers, I hope we can live up to all the hype. The NFC West is finally getting some props, dont want that to stop.

Couldn't agree more. Life long Seahawk fan and I am concerned about the outcome of the game, even though it's at home. SF has a great O line, solid all around back in Gore, nice change of pace back in Michaels and stout D line. Browner if healthy will erase Bolden, if Avril and Clem play should take care of the D line problem, O line - who knows. The intangibles are special teams and plays made by playmakers. The hawks consistent play makers are in the secondary on D.

If SF makes a couple of mistakes early, it will get ugly for SF quick. If SF weathers the storm, it will be a close game and the outcome is questionable. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 49'rs win a close one then get blown out at home when the Seahawk D linemen rotation is solid, Browner is healthy and of course Harvin is on the field.

As you mentioned, I hope the two teams live up to the hype that was hoisted upon them during the off season. The NFC West is the toughest division in football, the "black and blue division" is a pillow fight compared to the wild west in the NFC.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
NinerLifer":cbcb7xiw said:
hawker84":cbcb7xiw said:
Are you seriously comparing Cam Newton to Aaron Rogers???

And scoring only 12 points against an inferior Panthers defense doesn't look good when your next opponent is the 49ers. Like I said, lucky for you guys your 12th man will be there too.

But later in the season with the division title on the line, and conference seeding up for grabs, your
12th man won't be there.

I love it when you prove me right.. You sir have no idea about football, first off Panthers have one of the best front 7's in the game, far from inferior, Cam newton is far from inferior, is he Rogers, no but he's no slouch, we held him to 125 yrds passing. We held them to 250 yrds total, on the road at 10am, with backs ups... Learn a little more about the game before you try and talk football with the big boys.

Your secondary is still suspect, and your lucky GB's coaching staff has no clue how to game plan or make game time adjustments.. I guarentee you Boldin will not go off on us like he did GB sunday...

Are you now claiming that the Panthers defense isn't inferior to the 49er defense?

If so, I know I don't have to include you as one of the self proclaimed "Big Boys".

Statistically, considering that the 49ers and Carolina both played home games against teams that ended last year as two of the more potent offenses in the NFL:

The Panthers D > San Fran D.

You can slice it anyway you want the fact still remains, so far in 2013, Panther's D still allowed less yards and points than your vaunted San Fran D.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
paramedic586":19q9aiop said:
?[/quote:19q9aiop said:
It's less about the panthers being world beaters and more about winning our opening 10am east coast game in the heat. And its been said to death but Carolina does have a fantastic front 7 which you guys will see later in the year. Aaron Rogers, though arguably the best QB in the league, put up 28 pts against you in your house with a rookie running back. That's not good. I would call that a loss for your defense.

Yes. Arguably the Best QB in the league put up 28 points on our defense. He threw for 333 yards and three TDs. If you look at that stat alone then of course it looks bad. But look at the big picture. The defense held the RB to 2.9 yards a carry. They ran for a total of 63 yards. Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense. Our defense have taken a step back over the past couple of years. RW however has not thrown for more the 300 yards total on the 49ers defense. look at his stats against the 49ers defense it is not very impressive. YET. Wilson very well can have a great game. Your secondary is better. The 49ers secondary however was ranked 4th last year. I would not say that giving up 28 to a very good Packer offense is a "defeat" to our defense. Our front seven looked great. But like I said before the 49ers everybody saw week one will not be the same in week 2.

Well I pointed out the fact Aaron had a rookie running back more because Lacey's inexperience as an NFL pass blocker and less for his running prowess as being a rookie I would expect him to struggle in his first NFL game on the road. So his 63 yards against your D I think is expected. The RW stat regarding not throwing for 300 yards on your D is useless as he's only thrown for over 300 yards in 2 nfl games. We're a run team first and foremost. The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it. Oh, and it was a home game as well. But, as you said, I see both teams looking very different this game I'd almost gaurrentee both Gore and Lynch have better games and the QBs worse but well see.

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
HawkGANG":mk6q7jhk said:
The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it.

That's what makes Rodgers and his WRs so good. You know it's coming and you still can't stop it consistently. It's not a fluke that he throws for like 4,000 yards and 40 TDs ever year. I don't think the Packers have had a 100-yard rusher since 2010. Heck, they went 15-1 without even pretending to run the football.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
FrankTheTank21":1fwktqzf said:
HawkGANG":1fwktqzf said:
The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it.

That's what makes Rodgers and his WRs so good. You know it's coming and you still can't stop it consistently. It's not a fluke that he throws for like 4,000 yards and 40 TDs ever year. I don't think the Packers have had a 100-yard rusher since 2010. Heck, they went 15-1 without even pretending to run the football.

You can if you have our secondary :0190l:

paramedic586

Reaction score
HawkGANG":1y7gkr4r said:
paramedic586":1y7gkr4r said:
?[/quote:1y7gkr4r said:
It's less about the panthers being world beaters and more about winning our opening 10am east coast game in the heat. And its been said to death but Carolina does have a fantastic front 7 which you guys will see later in the year. Aaron Rogers, though arguably the best QB in the league, put up 28 pts against you in your house with a rookie running back. That's not good. I would call that a loss for your defense.

Yes. Arguably the Best QB in the league put up 28 points on our defense. He threw for 333 yards and three TDs. If you look at that stat alone then of course it looks bad. But look at the big picture. The defense held the RB to 2.9 yards a carry. They ran for a total of 63 yards. Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense. Our defense have taken a step back over the past couple of years. RW however has not thrown for more the 300 yards total on the 49ers defense. look at his stats against the 49ers defense it is not very impressive. YET. Wilson very well can have a great game. Your secondary is better. The 49ers secondary however was ranked 4th last year. I would not say that giving up 28 to a very good Packer offense is a "defeat" to our defense. Our front seven looked great. But like I said before the 49ers everybody saw week one will not be the same in week 2.

Well I pointed out the fact Aaron had a rookie running back more because Lacey's inexperience as an NFL pass blocker and less for his running prowess as being a rookie I would expect him to struggle in his first NFL game on the road. So his 63 yards against your D I think is expected. The RW stat regarding not throwing for 300 yards on your D is useless as he's only thrown for over 300 yards in 2 nfl games. We're a run team first and foremost. The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it. Oh, and it was a home game as well. But, as you said, I see both teams looking very different this game I'd almost gaurrentee both Gore and Lynch have better games and the QBs worse but well see.

No the entire offense ran 63 yards not lacy. He ran for 41. Lacy isn't going to be an X-factor in blitz pick ups because the 49ers rarely blitz. The 49ers play a 2DL 4 LB 5DB on defense a majority of the time against these type of offenses. Our 3rd CB plays ALOT in those type of games. About the passing statistic with RW we are a run first team as well. Witch makes it a incredibly feat that both our teams won on the arms of our QBs instead of our running game. About Green bay scoring. They scored on us four times. However they only had the ball for around 8minutes and 30 seconds in those scoring drives. the Packers had 13 drives with only 4 scores. That is about 30% scoring. The packers played a hurry up offense that was new. So our defense actually did very well against that. The forced six punts 1 fumble and 1 interception. That is not bad against an elite offense. Again not our defenses best outing but it is not something that i find concerning as of now. Especially since the packers offense is an elite offense.

paramedic586

Reaction score
HawkGANG":18dk9c3z said:
FrankTheTank21":18dk9c3z said:
HawkGANG":18dk9c3z said:

You can if you have our secondary :0190l:

Hawks secondary plus 49ers front seven could be the best defense ever assembled.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":a4tij2zn said:
Statistically, considering that the 49ers and Carolina both played home games against teams that ended last year as two of the more potent offenses in the NFL:

The Panthers D > San Fran D.

You can slice it anyway you want the fact still remains, so far in 2013, Panther's D still allowed less yards and points than your vaunted San Fran D.

Understood

Then Seattle fans agree that in 2013:

Packers O > Seahawks O < 49ers O

And

Kaepernick > Wilson

....based on your logic.

Exittium

Reaction score
I think the 49er fans using the carolina game as a way to judge how we're going to play against how they played at home against GB will be very deceived. The adjustments we need to make I wouldn't say are major. And since the last meet up between the hawks and 49ers I wouldn't say a whole lot has changed especially when the current injuries come in. As well Green Bay I think got tunnel vision on stopping Kaep then anything and they have no secondary. GB I though has been a passing team, so on offense they weren't and very obvious used to using the run game as much as they wanted with lacey. Because when Rogers did throw the game seemed to stay "punch for punch" Also on defense, once again like I said tunnel vision. Either way it'll be a good game.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
paramedic586":gawtircr said:
I agree. The same with the 49ers. One of the reasons the niners got bounded by seattle last year is because they went away from what they are known for. They ran the ball with Gore a total of six times. I don't know why the 49ers went pass heavy early in the game but that is not how the 49ers win games. (obviously at the end they needed to pass alot because of being down by so much.) Lynch has always been a problem against the 49ers defense. Lynch is a beast. I think why RW stats weren't so great the second game was because he didn't need to throw the ball to win the game. The hawks ran the ball to their left (Justin smith side) a lot that game and capitalized. No excuses though. Seattle exploited a weakness. Witch is interesting because if the hawks defense of line is banged up still (I keep hearing three starters out on the line) then I can see the 49ers trying to exploit that. I expect heavy running from the 49ers. I also think the best chances of beating Seattle is containing RW in the pocket and taking away his throwing lanes. (if possible.) I watched the Seattle game and it appeared that he checked down a lot. (not sure if by design). But Your WR core is so good at knowing where RW is running. It is like they have eyes in the back of their head. So are you guys going to have your starting DL playing sunday?

I agree with your assessments.

Regarding our D-line: week 1 we were missing Chris Clemons, Bruce Irvin, Cliff Avril, and Jordan Hill. Irvin is out 4 games (suspension), Clemons and Avril recently began practicing, and Hill has been out a few weeks with a torn bicep.

hawker84

Reaction score
FrankTheTank21":qsohxnym said:
HawkGANG":qsohxnym said:

Doesn't help that your secondary is average at best. you got a great up and comer in Reid, other than that, they're weak.. your new offseason aquisition is who i thought he was, past his prime, living off his rep from the Oakland years.

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
hawker84":2tirwm76 said:
FrankTheTank21":2tirwm76 said:
HawkGANG":2tirwm76 said:

Doesn't help that your secondary is average at best. you got a great up and comer in Reid, other than that, they're weak.. your new offseason aquisition is who i thought he was, past his prime, living off his rep from the Oakland years.

I'm not as down on our secondary as some people are. In this day and age of wide-open offenses and rule changes, it's rare to have a secondary as solid as Seattle's.

I don't think we have any liabilities in our secondary, but we don't have any studs (although Reid could develop into one).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Giedi":13ufj622 said:
loafoftatupu":13ufj622 said:
Hey Niner Fans.

There is NO good news or bright side for you come Sunday. I keep seeing all these posts claiming there is some level of pressure on the Seahawks or that because the Hawks are supposed to win it isn't a big deal. WRONG. I think you know perfectly well what Niner nation is going to be like if they can't figure out a way to get a win on Sunday... and it isn't going to be some sanctuary of acceptance either.

Since Carroll took the Seahawks job in 2010, the Hawks have averaged 30PPG when hosting SF, while allowing SF to score 12.6. Fun Facts!

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Just review some recent super bowl winners and you'll find that fact out. If Seattle loses, and I'm not going to predict that, I think Seattle should be favored by 7 points. But if Seattle loses, considering the scheduling of both teams, I think the 49ers will have the edge at that point.

The 49ers have an even chance of winning in Seattle if they play perfect, anything less than perfect is going to be a loss.
I love Ig'nant crap like this. No team plays perfect. Ever. That is not a football take, that is regurgitated nonsense.

Latest posts