This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New York Giants

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I take NOTHING for granted at this point. Lousy weather and a 10am start. We better be ready for this. On a side note, doesn't it just baffle the mind how New York could get a Super Bowl? February in New York...WTF. Goddell does love his boyos.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":28jidpv1 said:
I take NOTHING for granted at this point. Lousy weather and a 10am start. We better be ready for this. On a side note, doesn't it just baffle the mind how New York could get a Super Bowl? February in New York...WTF. Goddell does love his boyos.

Yeah, the Super Bowl could end up being as snowy and awful as the games this past weekend, right?

Chaosist

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2g2m2s64 said:
I hope Eli reverts back to week 1-6.
I don't think it'll matter, either way. Weeks 7-13 Eli hasn't been much more than a game manager.

For full disclosure, I'm a Giants fan and big Eli supporter, but he hasn't played very well this season. A lot of it is the rest of the offense hasn't played well, and a lot of it is he just hasn't played well, lol.

Chaosist

Reaction score
BlueThunder":8mqq4ems said:
Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.giants.com/

Big Blue interactive

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64&f=1867

If you know of any I missed, please post below.
Fair warning: Do not go to the official boards if you want to have a talk with knowledgeable fans. That place has become a complete and total disgrace this season. All the bandwagon panty-waists that haven't known a losing season since 2004 are losing their heads. Not to mention all the trolls that are running rampant.

On that note, all I can hope for is a competitive game this weekend. As homerish as I can be, I don't see the Giants winning this one.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Chaosist":112cykg6 said:
BlueThunder":112cykg6 said:
Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.giants.com/

Big Blue interactive

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64&f=1867

If you know of any I missed, please post below.
Fair warning: Do not go to the official boards if you want to have a talk with knowledgeable fans. That place has become a complete and total disgrace this season. All the bandwagon panty-waists that haven't known a losing season since 2004 are losing their heads. Not to mention all the trolls that are running rampant.

On that note, all I can hope for is a competitive game this weekend. As homerish as I can be, I don't see the Giants winning this one.

Ya I checked out the board just to see. Wow! Fans act like a whipped dog and the game hasn't been played. Kinda sad.

hawker84

Reaction score
Interesting comments from Gilbride:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants ... api_public

Excerpt: "No matter how tough the opposing defense, by Thursday the New York Giants' offense is focusing on something about that defense it thinks it can exploit. So while the Giants know the Seattle Seahawks have as good a defense as any team in the league, they're more focused on what they might be able to do than what they won't.

"Some of the things they do should give us some chances," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said Thursday. "Guys we have who are always clamoring for one-on-one opportunities, they're going to get them."

Chaosist

Reaction score
hawker84":2rkxtavp said:
Interesting comments from Gilbride:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants ... api_public

Excerpt: "No matter how tough the opposing defense, by Thursday the New York Giants' offense is focusing on something about that defense it thinks it can exploit. So while the Giants know the Seattle Seahawks have as good a defense as any team in the league, they're more focused on what they might be able to do than what they won't.

"Some of the things they do should give us some chances," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said Thursday. "Guys we have who are always clamoring for one-on-one opportunities, they're going to get them."
The only problem with that is that when we've had "opportunities" we haven't been able to capitalize on them. Cruz is the only receiving weapon we've had this year that's been consistent, and even he disappears sometimes. He's not the most physical guy, so he has some issues with press, and seeing as neither Nicks or Randle are deserving of extra attention, Cruz is seeing doubles or better a lot of the game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
eric12401":31xay0wo said:
There's a multitude of things going on. Like I said, Eli is a big reason, lack of creativity, not utilizing personnel properly, etc. Defenses get a jump on the offense because EVERY snap either is snapped with no time left or there's a delay of game penalty. Receivers aren't being physical. Turnovers. Special teams collapsing.
Dang--other than the part about Eli, I feel like you just described a good chunk of the last two years for USC.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I have two questions.

1. Will there be more sacks of or interceptions by Manning?

2. Will Russell play the whole game?

SC

hawker84

Reaction score
Even after two seasons in the league, opposing fans still spewing this garbage. Will they ever learn. Welp, time to educate them again Russ. I especially enjoyed the "Russel Wilson is no Philip Rivers" quote..stop looking at stats people, try checking out some game tape....Yes the Giants have good recievers, ours are pretty good too,, but,but, they don't have a thousand yards, they must suck, right?

I think your write up gives Seattle far too much credit. If this game was in Seattle, it would be blowout. But it's not. Away from home the Seattle offense away is not that good, averaging only 23 points per game. If the Giants can manage to score 17 points and not giveaway points to Seattle, then the game should be close going into the 4th quarter.

Obviously the Giant offense doesn't match up well against Seattle's defense. But the reverse is also true. Marshawn Lynch is their biggest weapon, but the Giants have proved on multiple occasions that they can stop the top runners in the league. The Giants are very susceptible to a good passing attack, but Seattle doesn't have one. Russell Wilson is not Phillip Rivers, and the combination of Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin doesn't exactly inspire fear in the opposition. As bad of a season as the Giant receivers have had, both Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks have far more yards than Tate and Baldwin.

gallacher88

Reaction score
Mate is a Giants fan and his exact words for this game is "we are going to get******!"
Of course like this to be the case but there is no time for complacency. The Chargers made quite an upset yesterday . I reckon the Hawks will want to prove themselves to Carrol. He seems quite the hard ass and will want a response from his players.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Seattle has played well on the road and will be fine with whatever weather conditions bring, including snow. Eli has thrown a lot of INT's, and they don't have enough of a running game to take advantage of the Seahawks' 15th ranked rush D. Mistake free ball is the key here, and Seattle is +12 for giveaway/takeaway, while NY is -13.

Seahawks, 24-17.