This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New Orleans Saints

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have never been to a game in N.O. But I have been there a couple of times. One time was fantastic. Went thru the French Quarter and had a great time. Came out of there a day after Mardi Gras in 2001. I was so disappointed in myself for not being there a day earlier. The people are great there. I have a friend in my state from there. No worries here. Happy-go-lucky in my eyes. I even bought beads the time I was there.
:thirishdrinkers:
GO Hawks.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1wkt4w80 said:
Black and Gold is a good place by the way.

Well, I have little doubt that there are some really cool, intelligent, respectful posters over there ... but I had a whole different experience at the Black and Gold. I tried to start a real civil conversation about the game. My vision was to start a real respectful I Share/You Share insights about our teams over there ... it sure didn't stay that way (not from my end mind you -- and believe me, I tried to keep things very respectful). I asked the moderators there if they could move the thread in to the main forum so we could have a friendly discussion ... they responded by sending it to their version of the Smack Shack. Several of those guys honestly didn't want to hear any insights about their upcoming opponent whatsoever. All some of them seemed to me to want is for other teams' fans to break out the prayer rug, bow down and worship at the altar of the Saints, and to say the mantra "Your team is so awesome" ... "Your team is so wonderful" over and over again.

This is typical of what it devolved in to ...

The only thing I worry about is the same thing I worry about every game. The Saints. If we bring our A-game, you have no chance. We will destroy you.
http://blackandgold.com/showthread.php?t=62213

I learned long ago that it is virtually impossible to talk anyone out of their delusions. Well to that I've gotta say, reality is going to hit hard right smack in the face come Monday Night.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Interesting. Many of them have absolutely no idea what the Hawks are about.

I assumed it would be a close game and all, but not for any of the reasons that these guys are talking about. No point in all the details, but according to some, the Hawks have no one on their roster that matches up against their all pro line up.

Rob Ryan is going to give Wilson looks that he has never seen before (sure he is)

Lynch doesn't have a bunch of 100 yard games so he won't be a problem. After all, they stopped Frank Gore from a big day.

Oh.. and Brees and the Saints are the kings of MNF. That one was my favorite.

It actually appears that they are giving a lot of credence to the Rams and Tampa games, which were 4 weeks ago, but none to the other 8 wins. Or how about that the Hawks haven't faced a top offense all year. The Hawks offense is very overrated.
Yep.. they know the Hawks REAL well. No wonder they were begging for Seattle post game on Thursday.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3r8cbqxo said:
Interesting. Many of them have absolutely no idea what the Hawks are about.

I assumed it would be a close game and all, but not for any of the reasons that these guys are talking about. No point in all the details, but according to some, the Hawks have no one on their roster that matches up against their all pro line up.

Rob Ryan is going to give Wilson looks that he has never seen before (sure he is)

Lynch doesn't have a bunch of 100 yard games so he won't be a problem. After all, they stopped Frank Gore from a big day.

It actually appears that they are giving a lot of credence to the Rams and Tampa games, which were 4 weeks ago, but none to the other 8 wins. Or how about that the Hawks haven't faced a top offense all year. The Hawks offense is very overrated.
Yep.. they know the Hawks REAL well. No wonder they were begging for Seattle post game on Thursday.

And I tried Loaf ... I tried. Go back through that thread and you'll see I gave those guys tons of info on who the Hawks are and what they're going to face. Some of those guys just flat out don't get it (and don't want to get it) ... but they will come Monday Night for sure.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Apparently we played the Niners when they where not as good as they are now and our only weapon is Lynch.... :187734: we haven't played anybody with as good of a offense or as good as a defense as them. Well, don't even show up to the game guys, we have nooo chance of winning this one :white_flag: :p

Wartooth

Reaction score
Even more telling is the fact that they think if they 'shut down' Lynch...
That Russell can't beat them with his arm!
I laughed so hard, my sombrero fell off, and dropped my taco!
These south coast boys have no idea what is coming.

Largent80

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":wr4x7vga said:
Largent80":wr4x7vga said:
Haven't seen Guido for a while, hope he is ok.

I appreciate that, Largent. It has been an eventful season which has included the loss of my father and the celebration of our 25th anniversary. Work has also kept me from visiting as much as I should. But, I am here now and will be around the rest of the year.

Sorry for your loss Guido, I'm sure he was a class act as well.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Just lurked on a few of their sites, especially Tiger Droppings. I currently live in Louisiana. I've lived in six states, majority being in Washington obviously.

I find it hilarious there's a few posters talking about how disgusting Washington is. Louisiana is by far the biggest ****hole I've ever lived in. People are rude here (unlike Georgia where the southern hospitality is true to form) and the weather is atrocious. Unless of course you like being in a sauna surrounded by cockroaches and mosquitoes the size of birds.

And white trash? Lol they must certainly have a different definition of the term.

Some of the stuff they say is seriously hilarious. That's a pretty cocky fan base. Almost get the feel that they already checked this one off as a win and are already looking towards the Panthers game. I forgot the Saints are same damn impressive, especially after they lost to the Mighty Geno Smith.

/rant

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
saints2k8":2wdhpofn said:
loafoftatupu":2wdhpofn said:

8 or 9 straight wins on MNF, and they usually aren't close games. easily one of the best QB and team in MNF the past 5 years

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/472/saints-morning-report-mr-monday-night

And not a one of those games was in Seattle. Frankly, I give no credence to the Monday night thing at all. I just found it interesting that a Saints fan would when talking about Seattle, who happens to be a tough Monday opponent themselves. Don't believe me? I don't care.

I read the stuff on the Saints board. We are perceived as arrogant and lacking knowledge of what is going on with the Saints. I totally disagree with that last part, it would be nearly impossible to not know. Like we don't realize how good they are and have been for some time. The "new and improved" Saints defense? Because of Rob Ryan?

What do Saints fan expect to hear? That Seahawks fans aren't confident that the Hawks are going to win? They call us arrogant, but follow it up with some comment on how we don't know what we're in for, when in fact we do.

We have heard it all before and it has never mattered with this current team. What have the Saints done, even recently that a Seahawks fan would consider a factor that matters? I have to believe that considering the short length of time this Hawks unit has played at their current level, that it is Saints fans that don't know what they in for.

It's fine with me, the Saints deserve the kind of respect that a winning team warrants, but it is hard to go against the Hawks at this point. Our own fans have done so time and time again, but the team proves themselves over and over again.

We know Brees is going to have success, he is a fantastic talent, but their is a good chance that the Saints defense is not up to the task of containing a very balanced and efficient Seahawks offense. They have faced tough defensive teams all year and they all said the same thing Saints fans are saying.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Saints have a good team, no doubt, and their fans should feel good about their chances, especially with the suspension of WTIII.

However, having spent a few days watching them, I feel pretty good about Seattle's chances. I expect to see a lot of Maxwell on Graham, and Maxwell might be as close to an Aqib Talib type as there is in the league. Will we see Seattle shut down the Saints? I doubt it. But I also doubt the Saints can muster the 35 points I think they will need to win this game.

I have seen a number of Saints fans expressing confidence that their team can shut down Lynch like they did Gore. This ain't N'Awlins, and crowding the box with 9 to stop Lynch (actually, the Saints even had 10 near the line to stop Gore on occasion) will make for an excellent night for everyone but Lynch. Frankly, Ryan isn't stupid enough to even try that, so it is kind of a moot point. I am not too impressed with the all around game of the linebackers for the Saints, and Hawthorne looks even slower than when I thought his legs were shot in Seattle. I have also seen New Orleans fans categorize Wilson as one of those mobile guys like Kaepernick. They don't even know what they don't know. And while New Orleans fans should be confident Brees can take advantage of WTIII being out, Seattle fans should be drooling over the backup corner the Saints will be starting.

And Lynch. There is only one guy in the league I think runs like Lynch, Chris Ivory of the Jets. Any Saints fan worth a Po Boy should be shitting himself, as a Po Boy will often make one do, when he reflects on what Ivory did to their team.

So, while I am not in love with how Brees will exploit the underneath area, I like our pass rushers around the edges, with Avril being a huge mismatch for both New Orleans tackles, I think Maxwell has a pretty good chance to make plays vs Graham, and I love our offenses chances against that D. And if Harvin is returning kicks again, there could be some easy points there too.
I feel like 38-27, Hawks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If anyone has a chance of beating Seattle in Seattle it is NOLA. A guy like Jimmy Graham is bound to have a positive effect for them.

It really just comes down to location, if this game were in their dome, I would be expecting a well fought loss and hoping for a win. In this place the Hawks are just so tough to beat. Especially if the team coming in is a contender. The Hawks just get so tough for those.

Steve2222

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":gv2ew8z5 said:
If anyone has a chance of beating Seattle in Seattle it is NOLA. A guy like Jimmy Graham is bound to have a positive effect for them.

It really just comes down to location, if this game were in their dome, I would be expecting a well fought loss and hoping for a win. In this place the Hawks are just so tough to beat. Especially if the team coming in is a contender. The Hawks just get so tough for those.

I disagree. They're a dome team. If the weather is bad which it probably will be, it's going to greatly affect them more than it will us. The team that would scare me the most at CentLink or anywhere else would be the Panthers.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Hawker":34las5ut said:
AsylumGuido":34las5ut said:
Bitter":34las5ut said:
Hawker":34las5ut said:
We Seattle fans sure as heck have a bad rep throughout the league. On every fan forum I've perused, I've seen threads similar to this one.

Fact of the matter is that there are drunken idiots at the stadium no matter who the home team is. At least Seattle makes attempts to curb it (such as undercover police attending the game.) Nothing said in that thread is anything that doesn't happen at the Superdome for their home games as well.

Actually, the Superdome is one of the best behaved venues in the NFL. While there may be an isolated incident (never seen one myself in the many years I have been attending), but the Superdome crowd, and the city as a whole, treat visiting fans with respect which mixes friendly ribbing with welcomes to the city.

Haven't been to N.O. myself, but the reputation of its inhabitants speaks to its classiness.

I attend half of our homes games in Seattle each year, have for about a decade now - but haven't seen the obnoxiousness in the stadium that visiting fans proclaim. I'll admit - we're a riled up bunch, especially this season. But hell even when the Cowboys and their ilk came to town oh so many years ago for that wonderful Romo-ful game, the Cowboy fans in my section were treated with the utmost respect and they appreciated it. So I'm not too sure where all the hate comes from.

What exactly is the reputation of its 'inhabitants' of which you speak? I can tell you that visitors have a reputation on and around Bourbon Street that the 'inhabitants' tolerate as a necessary evil given tourist is the second largest industry in the city next to shipping. There are bad areas just like every major city, but the vast majority of 'inhabitants' of New Orleans are extremely friendly and open.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Largent80":30yw4nam said:
AsylumGuido":30yw4nam said:
Largent80":30yw4nam said:
Haven't seen Guido for a while, hope he is ok.

I appreciate that, Largent. It has been an eventful season which has included the loss of my father and the celebration of our 25th anniversary. Work has also kept me from visiting as much as I should. But, I am here now and will be around the rest of the year.

Sorry for your loss Guido, I'm sure he was a class act as well.

Thanks, Largent. He was as class an act as you can get. He taught me that all people are equal. He taught me that you should embrace and learn from their differences from your norm. Down deep I am sure this is why I reach out to the other team's forums throughout the league. To this day though, this site has always been a most special stop.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Steve2222":2vzxtyj5 said:
Just lurked on a few of their sites, especially Tiger Droppings. I currently live in Louisiana. I've lived in six states, majority being in Washington obviously.

I find it hilarious there's a few posters talking about how disgusting Washington is. Louisiana is by far the biggest ****hole I've ever lived in. People are rude here (unlike Georgia where the southern hospitality is true to form) and the weather is atrocious. Unless of course you like being in a sauna surrounded by cockroaches and mosquitoes the size of birds.

And white trash? Lol they must certainly have a different definition of the term.

Some of the stuff they say is seriously hilarious. That's a pretty cocky fan base. Almost get the feel that they already checked this one off as a win and are already looking towards the Panthers game. I forgot the Saints are same damn impressive, especially after they lost to the Mighty Geno Smith.

/rant

Tiger droppings is exactly how it is named. It is an LSU based fan site that is populated by members that never attended a class in Baton Rouge, not to mention ever receive a degree, unless you count GED's.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1q0ll48g said:
Saints have a good team, no doubt, and their fans should feel good about their chances, especially with the suspension of WTIII.

However, having spent a few days watching them, I feel pretty good about Seattle's chances. I expect to see a lot of Maxwell on Graham, and Maxwell might be as close to an Aqib Talib type as there is in the league. Will we see Seattle shut down the Saints? I doubt it. But I also doubt the Saints can muster the 35 points I think they will need to win this game.

I have seen a number of Saints fans expressing confidence that their team can shut down Lynch like they did Gore. This ain't N'Awlins, and crowding the box with 9 to stop Lynch (actually, the Saints even had 10 near the line to stop Gore on occasion) will make for an excellent night for everyone but Lynch. Frankly, Ryan isn't stupid enough to even try that, so it is kind of a moot point. I am not too impressed with the all around game of the linebackers for the Saints, and Hawthorne looks even slower than when I thought his legs were shot in Seattle. I have also seen New Orleans fans categorize Wilson as one of those mobile guys like Kaepernick. They don't even know what they don't know. And while New Orleans fans should be confident Brees can take advantage of WTIII being out, Seattle fans should be drooling over the backup corner the Saints will be starting.

And Lynch. There is only one guy in the league I think runs like Lynch, Chris Ivory of the Jets. Any Saints fan worth a Po Boy should be shitting himself, as a Po Boy will often make one do, when he reflects on what Ivory did to their team.

So, while I am not in love with how Brees will exploit the underneath area, I like our pass rushers around the edges, with Avril being a huge mismatch for both New Orleans tackles, I think Maxwell has a pretty good chance to make plays vs Graham, and I love our offenses chances against that D. And if Harvin is returning kicks again, there could be some easy points there too.

38 points? Are you serious?

Murky

Reaction score
Steve2222":1rawxur6 said:

/rant

Saints fan here. First off, Tiger Droppings is not the place to go if you want reasoned discussion. On anything. They usually take extreme views.

And please y'all, don't judge the fanbase by some extreme posters. I've been to multiple forums for probably every NFL team, and after a while you come to realize that every fanbase is basically the same, and the differences are mainly in the color of the jerseys and in the imaginations of the fans. For instance, I have seen some fans here who think the Saints don't have a chance. May be true, but just want to illustrate how we're all the same, with some reasonable folks and some unreasonable. I imagine most Saints fans know that the Seahawks match up very well with us, in addition to being an amazing home team while we're a 'meh' road team.

As for me, here's to a good game, with good reffing and no injuries.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1fijupxy said:
Scottemojo":1fijupxy said:

38 points? Are you serious?

Yep. Serious. I would take the over on the Vegas line for sure this game. I think that Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, and Lynch are just bad matchups for your team, and I think Miller can get some quality catches over your linebackers. I also know that Brees will take some chances against our secondary. Brees will get his, and the secondary will get a couple of theirs. I know, missing Browner and Thurmond kind of has you thinking Brees might do pretty good. Well, me too. But I can't help remembering that last year Seattle played the final 4 games without both players, and the secondary was actually even better. Press man is what we do, it's pretty simple for DB's to execute, and it usually takes an extra tick to beat press man. The get off Avril, Clemons, Bennett, and Irvin will have at home will lead to big plays for Seattle.

When I look at your D vs our O, I see 3 matchups that concern me. I like Vaccaro, and I think your interior D-line can make a play or two over our guards. I don't love Kearse vs your corners either. But if you want to know why I think mid 30's or more is the mendoza line for your team to win, just look at every single play Harvin was on the field vs the Vikings. Harvin had one great grab, and that was it. But the field opened up. 6 of his plays resulted in 200 yards of field position, and it was his presence that pit the final nail in the Vikings chances before halftime of what had been a close contest.

So, that's why I think 38 is perfectly reasonable despite the fact that you are convinced your D is very good. Why don't you give me your thoughts on what it will take for the Saints.

Latest posts