This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New England Patriots

chris98251

Reaction score
Belecheat still there.

Cam the Towel there now.

No reason to stop despising these guys yet.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

On D, the DB's are a great unit , but the front 7 are mostly unknowns who did well today but doubt they can do that regularly. Carson concerns me, and I expect Carroll to try to run it more than throw.

The x-factor is the lack of a crowd and the typical huge Hawks home field advantage. So I expect a close game.

chris98251

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3niag3ky said:
The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

On D, the DB's are a great unit , but the front 7 are mostly unknowns who did well today but doubt they can do that regularly. Carson concerns me, and I expect Carroll to try to run it more than throw.

The x-factor is the lack of a crowd and the typical huge Hawks home field advantage. So I expect a close game.

There is hardly a team outside the NFC south that Knows Newton better then us, we played them like 7 seasons in a row or seemed like it. We also have his ex go to target on our roster, this will be a game we will see if Palpatine has had time to turn Cam to the dark side or will he still crumble under pressure and forced errors allowing us to get in his head.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cam threw 19 times and ran 15 times.
I dont see him running 15 times against Wagner, Adams, Diggs and Blair. It will be entertaining to see if Cam can get the ball out quickly or if he chooses to run into our D.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2q04mee6 said:
So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.

They ran for over 200 yards, had 5 long drives. They've morphed back to the 2018 playoff team but with a lot of RPO mixed in. That's Newton's game, and I'm sure Baltimore's success with it is driving Belichick & McDaniels to build around it. Good OL, we have our C Andrews back after missing last year with a blood clot.

The 2 key areas will be can Seattle stop that, and can the NE db's slow down Wilson?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1jn5sopf said:
Russ Willstrong":1jn5sopf said:

They ran for over 200 yards, had 5 long drives. They've morphed back to the 2018 playoff team but with a lot of RPO mixed in. That's Newton's game, and I'm sure Baltimore's success with it is driving Belichick & McDaniels to build around it. Good OL, we have our C Andrews back after missing last year with a blood clot.

The 2 key areas will be can Seattle stop that, and can the NE db's slow down Wilson?

They played the dolphins dude, that team is trash, and in total rebuild mode, we are better at every position by leaps and bounds.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We also have Bruce and KJ both about 250lbs, our LB's are not small and I doubt they want Cam taking the kid of hits our Defense will be delivering.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2x7clfj1 said:
50yrpatsfan":2x7clfj1 said:
Russ Willstrong":2x7clfj1 said:

They played the dolphins dude, that team is trash, and in total rebuild mode, we are better at every position by leaps and bounds.

That Dolphins team beat us in the last game of the RS last year, costing us the 2 seed. And their HC was on the NE staff for like 8 years. They'll finish around .500 this year, they've got some talent.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Belichick will ALWAYS have a great game plan. He'll scower the tape and try to identify our strength and take it away. I know they would never look forward a week, but we definitely flipped the scrip on ATL throwing way more than running.

Wonder if that means a switch to the mean next week.

chris98251

Reaction score
How to beat Cam, Pick him off and talk trash to him, when he runs stand him up and punish him, he will go under the towel afterwards.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hmm. My only concern here is Towel because I saw Towel beat up on our team long ago.

PatsSA

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, much respect.

Yeah look, as a Patriots fan, I have seen Bill compliment opposing players but most of the time it's based on actual assessments.
Wilson is one of the most dynamic and underrated players in the NFL.
Give that man an offensive line and he will show his true worth. He is clutch. You can't count him and Mahomes out at any point in the game.

I love our secondary but you guys will back Wilson and I understand that. It's a heavyweight matchup.

Bill is a mastermind, so we will have to see. We don't really know what kind of team we are yet and besides Edelman, our receivers are too inexperienced and not there yet to really challenge.
So, it will have to be a Cam-show and the Seahawks are one team that really knows how to gameplan for him.
Adams was a great get for the Seahawks, we played the Jets twice a year, so we got to see his worth on a bad team. He even locked down Gronk in one game....so there is that..

It's going to be a good game. We however, won't have the 12h man counting against us.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
PatsSA":rpdmkkes said:

Yeah look, as a Patriots fan, I have seen Bill compliment opposing players but most of the time it's based on actual assessments.
Give that man an offensive line and he will show his true worth. He is clutch. You can't count him and Mahomes out at any point in the game.

I love our secondary but you guys will back Wilson and I understand that. It's a heavyweight matchup.

Bill is a mastermind, so we will have to see. We don't really know what kind of team we are yet and besides Edelman, our receivers are too inexperienced and not there yet to really challenge.
So, it will have to be a Cam-show and the Seahawks are one team that really knows how to gameplan for him.
Adams was a great get for the Seahawks, we played the Jets twice a year, so we got to see his worth on a bad team. He even locked down Gronk in one game....so there is that..

It's going to be a good game. We however, won't have the 12h man counting against us.

Welcome, and good post.

The 12th man hasn't helped us much of late. We were much better on the road than at home last year.

If we bottle up Cam on option plays, I think the Hawks have a good chance to win. But with your defense this year, it'll be interesting to see what kind of points we can score.

PatsSA

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1migevmx said:
PatsSA":1migevmx said:

Welcome, and good post.

The 12th man hasn't helped us much of late. We were much better on the road than at home last year.

If we bottle up Cam on option plays, I think the Hawks have a good chance to win. But with your defense this year, it'll be interesting to see what kind of points we can score.

Yeah, I expect the Seahawks to load the box and keep Adams as a spy.
I think we need it, we need our receivers and tightends to start taking ownership. Tough game away for our inexperienced offence

Smellyman

Reaction score
Air Quality Index Seattle

'Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof'

'The air is so bad that even the Mariners game played yesterday INDOORS was smoke-filled. HVAC couldn't even filter it all out.'

:D

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ykh2vtn said:
Air Quality Index Seattle

'Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof'

'The air is so bad that even the Mariners game played yesterday INDOORS was smoke-filled. HVAC couldn't even filter it all out.'

:D

That’s because T-Mobile isn’t really an indoor stadium. Think of it more like having an awning over a pick nick table.