This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Jacksonville Jaguars

HawkWow

Reaction score
Carroll did a great job keeping the team focused last week. I was concerned we might get caught looking past the 9ers and towards the more dangerous Jags. Way to go Pete!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Can we please put to rest, the idea that a fan being "overly confident" somehow has an affect on our team's preparation?

C'mon, man!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":16tzzb8s said:
Can we please put to rest, the idea that a fan being "overly confident" somehow has an affect on our team's preparation?

C'mon, man!

Yeah, I'm sure teams do get overconfident, but this team is just different from anything I've ever seen. I honestly feel like we will win every game which I'm sure kind of sounds crazy.

:chug:

hawker84

Reaction score
This team is on a mission, started with the championship offseason. they are not going to be overlooking any team this season, they want home field advantage, every game is important and they'll be approaching each with that mindset..

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm sorry, i promise my intent is not to downgrade or belittle any opponent that has a struggling team, trust me jags fans, being a lifelong Mariners, Seahawks, Sonic, Cougars fan, i feel every ounce of the pain you're going through.. But i couldn't help but chuckle at this little nugget, (pardon the pun)... Keep your head up, it's only going to get better.

I've got to go for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm more looking forward to it than the game. . At least after I drink a two weeks supply of miralax in two hours I will get a preview of how the jags will look. It's sure to be a blow out. Heavy downpours and a strong passing game by the opponent. It will be a struggle to watch.

:laugh:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
912JagFan":1axdoyyd said:
The amount of new found confidence you guys have found in your team is foolish. Yes, the Jaguars are terrible, but you guys just had the first winning season in a while last year. Laughing at our board isn't going to make this week any easier either. We'll see on Sunday.

I love this guy! This is what a Die Hard Fan is. He's like those of us that watched every single game of that miserable 2-14, 1992 Ken Behring/Tom Flores season. True-blue Fan to the core! Kudos man. And remember, there's nowhere to go but up, and I think Gus may be the right guy to take you there!

RussellMania

Reaction score
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I cannot for the life of me understand why Florida has so many professional sports teams. They are all, for the most part, usually horrible. Furthermore, their attendance would lead you to wonder why the keep expanding into an area with such fickle fans? Why does a little place like Jacksonville need a team when you could put one in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, and a few other states that would pack the house.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RussellMania":3uresl9u said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I cannot for the life of me understand why Florida has so many professional sports teams. They are all, for the most part, usually horrible. Furthermore, their attendance would lead you to wonder why the keep expanding into an area with such fickle fans? Why does a little place like Jacksonville need a team when you could put one in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, and a few other states that would pack the house.

Oregon wouldn't pack the house at all.

yeastmode

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":nqowijy0 said:
I know its the Jags, but seriously, anything can happen. Let's not get cocky until we're up by 21 at the half.

Agreed. And let's hope the anything can happen part doesn't involve another significant significant injury. I fully expect us to win this game but may it not cost us another marquee player, especially since we can probably win with just our backups.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
RussellMania":1wunfqfq said:

Do you not remember the '90's with the Seahawks? I can remember when I lived in Federal Way, driving all the way to Chehalis so I could watch home games in a bar outside of the 90-mile radius because of the blackouts since we weren't selling out. Then in the late 90's, early 2000's when I moved to Arlington, driving to Bellingham to watch games at some bar 'cause we still weren't selling out games. Seattle is a very bandwagon town, as much as I hate to admit that. Look at the M's for verification. I think that with Holmgren's run and then with Pete taking over, I think we may have gained enough loyal fans so that crap never happens again (fingers crossed).

Zowert

Reaction score
Axx":2t32k8zl said:
"I think its safe to say Seattle will cover the spread. Don't know what the spread is, but as long as its under 50 then, yeah. "

The spread is 19 points, according to the Rio in Las Vegas.

Don Sowell

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":j6qj8mq9 said:
C-Dub":j6qj8mq9 said:
Don Sowell":j6qj8mq9 said:
I just checked out their board. The first eight threads are all about how terrible the team is:

1) The long list of players who they'll get rid of
2) How bad the game against Oakland was
3) Whether they'll draft first or second
4) How they need to bench Gabbert until they get "our future"
5) How no QB could be successful there
6) Asking if people have accepted that the team will be terrible for quite awhile
7) My favorite - the Thrift Store thread. Comparing the team to what you'd by at a thrift store
8 ) Asking where they just might get their first win

I feel bad that they're coming to our house. This is feeling like kicking a puppy.
Sounds like the Hawks board 5 years back.
Hehe -- it wasn't all that fun to be a Seahawks fan in '08 and '09, that's for sure.

Far better in '08 and '09 then in '92 or '76. Although I have to admit that winning two with the new and shiny toy was really cool back then. And the new kid we traded for, Largent, he worked out okay. So '76 is a bad example. All of the Bubba years, though - way worse than the minor down cycle in the late Oughts.

Don Sowell

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2088dq4a said:
E.C. Laloosh":2088dq4a said:

C'mon, man!

Yeah, I'm sure teams do get overconfident, but this team is just different from anything I've ever seen. I honestly feel like we will win every game which I'm sure kind of sounds crazy.

:chug:

Crazy? Yes. But geez. It breaks down like this:

8 home games. We just tore up the best team we're gonna see in the CLink by 26 points. 8-0

@Carolina - Check
@Arizona
@St. Louis
@Indy

Okay, there's 12 wins so far

@Houston
@SF
@Atlanta
@Giants

Which game aren't we favored in? I'm not going nuts (okay, maybe a little. But after 37 seasons of Seahawk football, I've earned my insanity the hard way), and saying 16-0, but I will say that we're reasonably favored in every single game.

Houston? They just squeaked by Tennessee. It's up in the air whether they're for real or not.
Giants? The same team that has thrown how many interceptions already and they haven't met the Legion of Boom yet?
San Fran? After outscoring them 71-16 and the last time in their place was a 7 point nail biter? I can see us winning this one.
Atlanta? Payback time.

If someone offered me a guaranteed 12-4 right now, I'd turn it down.

NINEster

Reaction score
I think you'll be surprised who you lose to this year.

Every year without fail, every good nfl team loses or struggles in a game to a team it shouldn't be beat up by.

And never count out the giants on a 1 game basis. They are as boom/bust as it gets.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2wy8rcg6 said:
RussellMania":2wy8rcg6 said:

Do you not remember the '90's with the Seahawks? I can remember when I lived in Federal Way, driving all the way to Chehalis so I could watch home games in a bar outside of the 90-mile radius because of the blackouts since we weren't selling out. Then in the late 90's, early 2000's when I moved to Arlington, driving to Bellingham to watch games at some bar 'cause we still weren't selling out games. Seattle is a very bandwagon town, as much as I hate to admit that. Look at the M's for verification. I think that with Holmgren's run and then with Pete taking over, I think we may have gained enough loyal fans so that crap never happens again (fingers crossed).

You drove to Chehalis instead of taking a bus to Seattle and buying a ticket on the street to watch live? I don't understand...

maporsche

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1dk1teqd said:
BlueThunder":1dk1teqd said:
RussellMania":1dk1teqd said:

You drove to Chehalis instead of taking a bus to Seattle and buying a ticket on the street to watch live? I don't understand...

This

Don Sowell

Reaction score
NINEster":fj0pd9fv said:
I think you'll be surprised who you lose to this year.

Every year without fail, every good nfl team loses or struggles in a game to a team it shouldn't be beat up by.

And never count out the giants on a 1 game basis. They are as boom/bust as it gets.

You're very right, Nine. 16-0 is ridiculously hard to do and nothing I'd every predict. And I'd take a Super Bowl win over being the '07 Pats any day of the week.

However, after the 38-0 showing today, the Giants game is looking better and better!