This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Indianapolis Colts

chris98251

Reaction score
Value of return between Wilson and Luck, Colts sucked for Luck, yes I am on that truck, the same Mayflower truck that left Baltimore in the wee hours of the morning to get to Indy, after all it's a Irsay franchise were talking about here. Colts tanked a season for him, we played straight up and got Wilson in the 3rd. Wilson has been everything advertised and more. Expectations for Luck are higher as well based on his draft position and he is making strides but Wilson has surpassed everything and then some based on his draft position.

Thats where the comparison comes in really. If the roles were reversed you would be hearing the same arguements about Luck. Where as a player I am sure Wilson uses it as motivation, but he also does'nt have the extra burden of living up to a hype made about him that Luck has to maintain as well as the Manning curse of following him in a franchise. Stepping into the shoes of a living legend can not be easy, especially one right down the road and playing lights out in Denver.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
BlueShoe":1epvftzj said:
MontanaHawk05":1epvftzj said:
BlueShoe":1epvftzj said:
Bait him all you want to, but Luck will expose any weakness of the Seahawks secondary.

The Seahawks secondary picked Tom Brady off twice last year; our front seven is built best for containing mobile QB's like Luck.

I don't doubt that Luck is a promising QB who can both pass and run effectively, but there's no QB yet who hasn't been driven to distraction by the Legion of Boom. If they don't get into Luck's head, they'll get into your receiver's heads.

Luck is not here to say it himself, so I will say it for him - Bring it on!. :)

If you think any one of our players are scared of your defense then you are kidding yourself. This is not the Peyton Manning finesse Colts anymore. We don't even wait until we are punched in the mouth to start fighting. We will come out swinging. This is going to be a brawl.

And no, you won't get into Luck's head.

Well, Andrew Luck has had his issues when under pressure this year ...

According to Pro Football Focus ...

Like Wilson, Luck has had his issues with pressure this year. Taking pressure on 42% of his drop-backs, Luck is the seventh-most pressured QB in the league. He’s avoided sacks slightly better than Wilson, going down on only 15.9% of pressured snaps, but has completed just 43.5% of his throws under pressure.
Source:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...m=rss&utm_campaign=3tfo-seahawks-colts-week-5

How Luck has handled pressure has been a bit of an issue since he was at Stanford. Someone out there made a nice compilation of some of Andrew Luck's more forgettable moments under pressure. It's fairly informative viewing ...
[youtube]2C6PsMSeHYA[/youtube]

Now what's fairly striking to me (if you think about it) is the fact that Andrew Luck made those kind of mistakes you see in those clips-- not with a team devoid of talent and chock full of rookies -- but with a fairly loaded and veteran team in Stanford.

Can I envision the Seahawks defense doing to Andrew Luck what you see the defenders in those clips doing? I most certainly can. Should be interesting tomorrow for sure.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1jb4ercj said:
Now what's fairly striking to me (if you think about it) is the fact that Andrew Luck made those kind of mistakes you see in those clips-- not with a team devoid of talent and chock full of rookies -- but with a fairly loaded and veteran team in Stanford.

Can I envision the Seahawks defense doing to Andrew Luck what you see the defenders in those clips doing? I most certainly can. Should be interesting tomorrow for sure.
I cut out most of the post to keep it from being longer than it needs to be. But...

Is it a novel argument that a quarterback struggles when pressured? Because every QB since the magna carta has struggled when defenders are in his face. I can play that game too. Hey guess what? Wilson sucks when he's got defenders grabbing him and tackling him as he throws. See how easy that was?

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
chris98251":dyn3yf11 said:
Value of return between Wilson and Luck, Colts sucked for Luck, yes I am on that truck, the same Mayflower truck that left Baltimore in the wee hours of the morning to get to Indy, after all it's a Irsay franchise were talking about here. Colts tanked a season for him, we played straight up and got Wilson in the 3rd. Wilson has been everything advertised and more. Expectations for Luck are higher as well based on his draft position and he is making strides but Wilson has surpassed everything and then some based on his draft position.

Thats where the comparison comes in really. If the roles were reversed you would be hearing the same arguements about Luck. Where as a player I am sure Wilson uses it as motivation, but he also does'nt have the extra burden of living up to a hype made about him that Luck has to maintain as well as the Manning curse of following him in a franchise. Stepping into the shoes of a living legend can not be easy, especially one right down the road and playing lights out in Denver.
With the rookie wage scale, both teams are getting the output of a top 12 QB with backup QB pay. Althoguht I will say that the Hawks are getting more value per dollar. The question is, what happens when both teams have to make cap space for their possibly elite QBs in the future? Hopefully neither of these guys will be asking for Joe Flacco money.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh brother. I can't remember a more spirited discussion here on who's gonna kick who's ass. This is one of the top 4 hardest games on our schedule this season. It's still a 10 am game, and against a very quality opponent. That's all that really matters. I'm not feeling the bravado that some of my compadres are. I'm a little worried, and considering that the chances are slim that we go undefeated, this would be one of those games we'd get a pass on if we happened to lose. Winning would be awesome, to go back home 5-0, but to say we're just gonna go in there and stomp 'em is just ludicrous. Remember the 1st half of the Texans game, and you'll understand my concern. Not every team is gonna throw at #25 every week. So may the best team win, and in a pinch, I'll take the luckiest team. GO HAWKS!

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1z0hdwdt said:
Oh brother. I can't remember a more spirited discussion here on who's gonna kick who's ass. This is the one of the top 4 hardest games on our schedule this season. It's still a 10 am game, and against a very quality opponent. That's all that really matters. I'm not feeling the bravado that some of my compadres are. I'm a little worried, and considering that the chances are slim that we go undefeated, this would be one of those games we'd get a pass on if we happened to lose. Winning would be awesome, to go back home 5-0, but to say we're just gonna go in there and stomp 'em is just ludicrous. Remember the 1st half of the Texans game, and you'll understand my concern. Not every team is gonna throw at #25 every week. So may the best team win, and in a pinch, I'll take the luckiest team. GO HAWKS!
It really is, and it's a fun conversation. As much as we bicker, you're right. The fact remains that both teams are quality opponents to the other. In the film room, practice, locker room, none of the guys on either team are taking this game lightly. And if any Colts/Seahawks fan thinks this game can be decided on paper or that they are not worried, they are lying through their teeth. I may make the arguments for my team, but I'm not naïve enough to think that the Colts have this one in the bag before kickoff. Seahawks are fully capable of winning this game. Colts are fully capable of winning this game. I also think either team is capable of blowing the other team out. It shouldn't happen. But historically, when everything goes their way, even bad teams can blow out good teams. All I really hope to see is a smashmouth, exciting game where it's close at the end. At least that better happen because I am going to the game! lol. Might be my last post on this thread. So that beign said, I've enjoyed arguing and talking with your fanbase. You guys represent your team well, and its been fun. Hopefully we'll see you in the big show one day. At the very least, you guys were more respectful than 49ers fans. Hope you stomp em year in and year out. Except against the Colts, I'd like to see your team do well. Good luck tomorrow!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
OffensivelyPC":32qabxpw said:
BlueThunder":32qabxpw said:
Oh brother. I can't remember a more spirited discussion here on who's gonna kick who's ass. This is the one of the top 4 hardest games on our schedule this season. It's still a 10 am game, and against a very quality opponent. That's all that really matters. I'm not feeling the bravado that some of my compadres are. I'm a little worried, and considering that the chances are slim that we go undefeated, this would be one of those games we'd get a pass on if we happened to lose. Winning would be awesome, to go back home 5-0, but to say we're just gonna go in there and stomp 'em is just ludicrous. Remember the 1st half of the Texans game, and you'll understand my concern. Not every team is gonna throw at #25 every week. So may the best team win, and in a pinch, I'll take the luckiest team. GO HAWKS!
It really is, and it's a fun conversation. As much as we bicker, you're right. The fact remains that both teams are quality opponents to the other. In the film room, practice, locker room, none of the guys on either team are taking this game lightly. And if any Colts/Seahawks fan thinks this game can be decided on paper or that they are not worried, they are lying through their teeth. I may make the arguments for my team, but I'm not naïve enough to think that the Colts have this one in the bag before kickoff. Seahawks are fully capable of winning this game. Colts are fully capable of winning this game. I also think either team is capable of blowing the other team out. It shouldn't happen. But historically, when everything goes their way, even bad teams can blow out good teams. All I really hope to see is a smashmouth, exciting game where it's close at the end. At least that better happen because I am going to the game! lol. Might be my last post on this thread. So that beign said, I've enjoyed arguing and talking with your fanbase. You guys represent your team well, and its been fun. Hopefully we'll see you in the big show one day. At the very least, you guys were more respectful than 49ers fans. Hope you stomp em year in and year out. Except against the Colts, I'd like to see your team do well. Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers :229031_cheers: and here's to a GREAT, injury-free game! I can't WAIT! :0190l:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
OffensivelyPC":3vlatdx9 said:
Is it a novel argument that a quarterback struggles when pressured? Because every QB since the magna carta has struggled when defenders are in his face. I can play that game too. Hey guess what? Wilson sucks when he's got defenders grabbing him and tackling him as he throws. See how easy that was?

We're not talking about the difference between struggling and not struggling; we're talking about the difference between running for 15 yards and throwing interceptions.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":xjryye7e said:
OffensivelyPC":xjryye7e said:

We're not talking about the difference between struggling and not struggling; we're talking about the difference between running for 15 yards and throwing interceptions.

In a few hours, it will be on like Donkey Kong, Jack! :)

Colts_87

Reaction score
Great game Seattle, One of the best games I've seen in awhile. Well fought game. See you guys in the SB :th2thumbs:

Dustin

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1tqht1ma said:
Don't worry, most people don't know what Seattle is made of either until they lose half their squad in the melee. You are playing the forgotten kids, and they are going to decimate the Colts. DVR it, save it off, as a reminder of what Seattle is made of.

How'd that work out for ya?

Password is Taco

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2l4zv89n said:
Password is Taco":2l4zv89n said:
My take is that the Hawks lose this game. I thought they would lose to Houston as well and they would have if it weren't for Matt Schaub.
Through the first 3 games, you guys had yet to play any team with true talent. Struggled in Carolina and likely were to lose that game if it wasn't for Williams red-zone fumble. Sf - way overrated and nowhere near the team they were last year, and the Jags - no comment necessary other than you let their WR1 go for 140 yards. Both home games.
So you roll into Houston to face a talented D and an offense with good RB/WR/TE and proceed to get rolled. Your #1 defense was on pace to give up 640yds of offense. You managed to pull out the W thanks to Kubiak's lack of a game plan for the 2nd-half, and that idiot QB, but a W nonetheless on the road. And a helluva game to watch for fans of good football.
I think you're going to have the same problems in Indy, without the M. Schaub factor of a bad turnover at any given moment. I honestly didn't think you'd win one of these 2 games, but even going 1-1 on the road to 2 good teams is an accomplishment. Should be another great game.

Ya man I mean this seahawks team just sucks doesn't it? Forget that our first game of the season was at 10 am PT in the drenching humidity against a good front seven and a QB who's set NFL records. Forget that the Williams fumble was forced by a player (ET) who never gave up on the play which embodies what this team is all about.

Forget that the Jags game was played after what was at the time a huge division game against a more that serviceable 9ers team. And I'm guessing you didn't watch the hawks/jags game but one of their TDs was scored due too great field position due to a tipped INT.

Your an opposing fan, so it makes sense you would only try and see the weaknesses of your next opponent to make you feel better about your possibility to win. But your not gonna win this game, I'm sorry. By the way it's not like Indy has been playing world beaters by any means your opponents have been very average. You lost to the Dolphins lol

Wha??
You were lucky to get a split in these last 2 games - should've gone 0-2. Can you say overrated??

HumbleColtsFan

Reaction score
Password is Taco":6jbrg6kn said:
HawkGANG":6jbrg6kn said:
Password is Taco":6jbrg6kn said:
My take is that the Hawks lose this game. I thought they would lose to Houston as well and they would have if it weren't for Matt Schaub.
Through the first 3 games, you guys had yet to play any team with true talent. Struggled in Carolina and likely were to lose that game if it wasn't for Williams red-zone fumble. Sf - way overrated and nowhere near the team they were last year, and the Jags - no comment necessary other than you let their WR1 go for 140 yards. Both home games.
So you roll into Houston to face a talented D and an offense with good RB/WR/TE and proceed to get rolled. Your #1 defense was on pace to give up 640yds of offense. You managed to pull out the W thanks to Kubiak's lack of a game plan for the 2nd-half, and that idiot QB, but a W nonetheless on the road. And a helluva game to watch for fans of good football.
I think you're going to have the same problems in Indy, without the M. Schaub factor of a bad turnover at any given moment. I honestly didn't think you'd win one of these 2 games, but even going 1-1 on the road to 2 good teams is an accomplishment. Should be another great game.

Ya man I mean this seahawks team just sucks doesn't it? Forget that our first game of the season was at 10 am PT in the drenching humidity against a good front seven and a QB who's set NFL records. Forget that the Williams fumble was forced by a player (ET) who never gave up on the play which embodies what this team is all about.

Forget that the Jags game was played after what was at the time a huge division game against a more that serviceable 9ers team. And I'm guessing you didn't watch the hawks/jags game but one of their TDs was scored due too great field position due to a tipped INT.

Your an opposing fan, so it makes sense you would only try and see the weaknesses of your next opponent to make you feel better about your possibility to win. But your not gonna win this game, I'm sorry. By the way it's not like Indy has been playing world beaters by any means your opponents have been very average. You lost to the Dolphins lol

Wha??
You were lucky to get a split in these last 2 games - should've gone 0-2. Can you say overrated??

No, they are not overrated. They are still a great team. If not for a couple plays they could have walked out the LOS with a W. Be just as humble through winning and you are loosing, it goes a long way.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Colts are good but they got lucky. Good teams find a way

rm1369

Reaction score
Great game Hawks fans! Playing at home gave Indy an edge and a chance to weather that initial storm. If it was in Seattle it's likely a different game. Although the Colts have shown a lot of mental toughness since last year. They are starting to become physically tough. I was definitely impressed with the Hawks and would have been somewhat happy even if the colts lost knowing they at least fought back against a very physical team that's use to imposing its will late it games.

Good luck on the rest of the season! I'd like to say I hope to see you again this year, but honestly I'd prefer someone else from the NFC! No offense intended - take it as a sign of respect. :D

Password is Taco

Reaction score
HumbleColtsFan":23jn1gcx said:
Password is Taco":23jn1gcx said:
HawkGANG":23jn1gcx said:
Password is Taco":23jn1gcx said:

Wha??

No, they are not overrated. They are still a great team. If not for a couple plays they could have walked out the LOS with a W. Be just as humble through winning and you are loosing, it goes a long way.

I'm not a Colts fan at all. I'm pointing out that their fans and local media had them penciled in to the SB after 3 games which included Jax, Car, and a bad SF team. They played two teams with actual NFL talent and should've lost both.
Over. Rated. And their fans are anything but humble, so don't waste your keystrokes.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Password is Taco":3qdvzhcg said:
HumbleColtsFan":3qdvzhcg said:
Password is Taco":3qdvzhcg said:
HawkGANG":3qdvzhcg said:
Password is Taco said:

Wha??

I'm not a Colts fan at all. I'm pointing out that their fans and local media had them penciled in to the SB after 3 games which included Jax, Car, and a bad SF team. They played two teams with actual NFL talent and should've lost both.
Over. Rated. And their fans are anything but humble, so don't waste your keystrokes.

of course fans will talk the team up, are you really that dense? Media is on the wagon because of how great we have been playing the last 11 or so games going back last season. One game on the road does not define a team.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Over. Rated. And their fans are anything but humble, so don't waste your keystrokes.[/quote]

Password is Taco

Reaction score
HawkGANG":3uybrunx said: