This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Indianapolis Colts

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I still don't understand why opposing teams fans show up to try and educate us about our own team. And then to top it off follow it up with "You would know better than me."

"You would know better than me, but you're wrong."

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":aqze2tb8 said:
I still don't understand why opposing teams fans show up to try and educate us about our own team. And then to top it off follow it up with "You would know better than me."

Yeah, I frequently go to other boards to read what they are saying, but generally my comments on them are basically what they should expect out of the Seahawks on Offense and Defense and correcting misconceptions.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1wl1hgmj said:
Give me a break, if you would have watched the game you'd realize Wilson was really the only bright spot on offense all game. Without him the Hawks would not have even been in position to win.

Only saw parts of the game, mostly the end after Colts game was over, but I didn't notice Wilson do much out of the ordinary. 12/23 for 123 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. 77 yards rushing. Lynch having 98 yards rushing and 43 yards receiving looks like the bright spot to me quite frankly.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2u3h68lr said:

You would know better than me about the Seahawks but I would probably know better about the Colts. Since we're comparing the two, it would make sense that both sides have input no?

I read here how awesome your defense is (I agree) and how Lynch is a beast (again, I agree) but the lengths people are going to put Wilson above Luck is stretching it quite a bit. To compare the two while factoring in team success, you absolutely can't discount that Wilson is surrounded by a better team in Seattle.

Anyway, I can see nobody is going to change their opinion here so that's the last I'm going to speak on the matter. Good luck Sunday.

cacksman

Reaction score
NFL Fan":24tgf33b said:
Throwdown":24tgf33b said:
I hope we smack em honestly
One thing hawks fans have forgotten about. In almost every category, the colts are right there. I know the hawks are a good/up and coming team, but this game will tell A LOT about where both teams stand.

I've heard this both this week and last week and just simply don't agree. Let's say it's a hard fought game this Sunday on both sides and Indy wins by 3, that really doesn't tell us much. It is simply one road loss out of 3 tough road games thus far, and looking at the schedule, it could mean the difference between 8-1 and 9-0.

I know personally I won't lose sleep with a loss this weekend, even though the media will probably be quick to point out how "they aren't who they thought they were", or other media garbage. A win this weekend though, and we can keep the good times rolling.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":2cakvc3t said:
AF_Hawk":2cakvc3t said:
Give me a break, if you would have watched the game you'd realize Wilson was really the only bright spot on offense all game. Without him the Hawks would not have even been in position to win.

Only saw parts of the game, mostly the end after Colts game was over, but I didn't notice Wilson do much out of the ordinary. 12/23 for 123 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. 77 yards rushing. Lynch having 98 yards rushing and 43 yards receiving looks like the bright spot to me quite frankly.

Yep, based on those comments - you did not see enough of the game to understand what people are trying to tell you.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
"You would know better than me, but you're wrong."[/quote]

You would know better than me about the Seahawks but I would probably know better about the Colts. Since we're comparing the two, it would make sense that both sides have input no?

I read here how awesome your defense is (I agree) and how Lynch is a beast (again, I agree) but the lengths people are going to put Wilson above Luck is stretching it quite a bit. To compare the two while factoring in team success, you absolutely can't discount that Wilson is surrounded by a better team in Seattle.

Anyway, I can see nobody is going to change their opinion here so that's the last I'm going to speak on the matter. Good luck Sunday.[/quote]

Wilson Luck or Luck Wilson who cares? Most Seahawk fans will say Wilson, most Colt fans will say Luck. The bottom line is we both have QB's that we are both happy with some will change their minds after this game, some won't. You are correct we have the better team. That doesn't mean we will win. I personally think you will sit in front of your TV or at the game and say WOW at the butt kicking that's about to come your way. All the comparing team A beat team B team, team B beat team C, means nothing about what will happen when team A meets team C. I hope this doesn't come off as rude but some of your team won't finish this game and some won't play the following week. Now I don't want anybody to get hurt for either team. IIRC the Carolina game is the only game where a key contributor of the opposing team didn't get knocked out the game. We are physical. Colt fans say you are physical. This Sunday we will find out cause the Hawks will be bringing the boom period. Last week the Texans started out physical, but by the end of the game it was the hawks being the more physical team and it showed on both the Texans offense and tired D. If the Colts can be physical the whole game they may have a chance. If not forget about it. Good luck the remainder of the year and I would love to play you twice this season. Go Hawks!

BlueShoe

Reaction score
aawolf":3n4w67fp said:
Good stuff, Pandion and BlueShoe. Hawks fans and Colts fans will never agree on this debate, as it should be. Its nice to know we both have our QB position set for the future. I want to add one more stat to the argument:

Russell Wilson: 6 fourth quarter comebacks, 7 game-winning drives

Andrew Luck: 5 fourth quarter comebacks, 8 game-winning drives

That's impressive for any QB during one full season and four games. Legendary even.

We can all agree that in 10 years, Luck and Wilson will be the elite quarterbacks. I am sure this debate will continue to grow over time. :)

We are both very fortunate to have our franchise QB's on the roster.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
BlueShoe":22k4c7gr said:
aawolf":22k4c7gr said:
Good stuff, Pandion and BlueShoe. Hawks fans and Colts fans will never agree on this debate, as it should be. Its nice to know we both have our QB position set for the future. I want to add one more stat to the argument:

That's impressive for any QB during one full season and four games. Legendary even.

We can all agree that in 10 years, Luck and Wilson will be the elite quarterbacks. I am sure this debate will continue to grow over time. :)

Agreed. Sunday comes down to how well the LOB plays, IMO.

Sac

Reaction score
BlueShoe":8i9k6g6c said:
aawolf":8i9k6g6c said:

Are we counting the Chicago game twice?

BlueShoe

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2kgnqfj4 said:
This will be interesting to revisit after Sunday, but given Luck's track record and Seattle's ability to bait the QB, I would not be at all shocked if his stat line has 2 or 3 interceptions on it.

Also, Avril is the master of the strip-sack. Luck's put the ball on the turf more than enough that Colts fans ought to be wary of that. Last year, he had what, double-digit fumbles that Indy recovered?

Bait him all you want to, but Luck will expose any weakness of the Seahawks secondary. I will take the best safety of our generations word for how well Luck disguises what he is doing. Ed Reed said:

Wayne learned everything he needed to know about Luck in 2012 during a remarkable roller-coaster ride that ended in a 24-9 playoff loss to the eventual Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens. After that game, Wayne and then-Ravens safety Ed Reed -- close friends and former University of Miami teammates -- embraced. Wayne offered congratulations. Reed wanted to talk about Luck.

"He said Andrew did a good job of looking him off," Wayne said. "He said normally, when you play a young quarterback, they kind of lock in on guys, and it's easy to read. But he said Andrew was already ahead of the curve, just by the way he was able to look him off and look (other) guys off defensively."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ts-of-2012

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
BlueShoe":124yud3b said:
Bait him all you want to, but Luck will expose any weakness of the Seahawks secondary.

The Seahawks secondary picked Tom Brady off twice last year; our front seven is built best for containing mobile QB's like Luck.

I don't doubt that Luck is a promising QB who can both pass and run effectively, but there's no QB yet who hasn't been driven to distraction by the Legion of Boom. If they don't get into Luck's head, they'll get into your receiver's heads.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1om65y3n said:
BlueShoe":1om65y3n said:
Bait him all you want to, but Luck will expose any weakness of the Seahawks secondary.

The Seahawks secondary picked Tom Brady off twice last year; our front seven is built best for containing mobile QB's like Luck.

I don't doubt that Luck is a promising QB who can both pass and run effectively, but there's no QB yet who hasn't been driven to distraction by the Legion of Boom. If they don't get into Luck's head, they'll get into your receiver's heads.

Luck is not here to say it himself, so I will say it for him - Bring it on!. :)

If you think any one of our players are scared of your defense then you are kidding yourself. This is not the Peyton Manning finesse Colts anymore. We don't even wait until we are punched in the mouth to start fighting. We will come out swinging. This is going to be a brawl.

And no, you won't get into Luck's head.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
BlueShoe":1k74grof said:
MontanaHawk05":1k74grof said:
BlueShoe":1k74grof said:

If you think any one of our players are scared of your defense then you are kidding yourself. This is not the Peyton Manning finesse Colts anymore. We don't even wait until we are punched in the mouth to start fighting. We will come out swinging. This is going to be a brawl.

You think its a brawl. Just you wait until Sunday. Your Colts will get punished, beaten, abused, and tossed around like ragdolls. I am sorry - but you folks have no business being considered in contention at all.

Seattle is going to bulldoze you guys.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2kqdjc8w said:
BlueShoe":2kqdjc8w said:
MontanaHawk05":2kqdjc8w said:
BlueShoe":2kqdjc8w said:

You think its a brawl. Just you wait until Sunday. Your Colts will get punished, beaten, abused, and tossed around like ragdolls. I am sorry - but you folks have no business being considered in contention at all.

Seattle is going to bulldoze you guys.

LOL.

Don't worry; it is not just Seattle fans that have not been paying attention to the Colts. It is most fans in the NFL, until we play them. The Seahawk players are not overlooking how tough this game will be for them.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Don't worry, most people don't know what Seattle is made of either until they lose half their squad in the melee. You are playing the forgotten kids, and they are going to decimate the Colts. DVR it, save it off, as a reminder of what Seattle is made of.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2n7ej40h said:
Don't worry, most people don't know what Seattle is made of either until they lose half their squad in the melee. You are playing the forgotten kids, and they are going to decimate the Colts. DVR it, save it off, as a reminder of what Seattle is made of.
Forgotten kids? Every major sports network had you guys pegged as the best team going into the season (bare minimum, 3rd), and you didn't even make the superbowl last year. Stop acting like no one takes the Seahawks seriously. You sound like the Patriots after they won 3 superbowls. Always playing the victim pretending like they are underdogs in every single game when they are favored by Vegas, sports writers, and anyone else you can think of. If Peyton Manning hadn't had the most historic start of any QB in NFL history, you'd still be ranked #1 by every sports website. Lol get outta here with that garbage.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Like every single team we've played this year and last year...the Colts will start to run out of gas and feel beat up in the second half. It isn't fun chasing Wilson around and trying to tackle Lynch all day. It's even less fun getting smacked around by the LOB and playing 4 quarters against a defensive line that rotates 8 quality players that can make plays.

Even if the Colts are up by 3 scores at half-time...be afraid.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Barring injury this game will turn on whether we can force Luck to gamble. If we get a strong pass rush it should create opportunities for the secondary to pick of a few passes. If we get 2 or more ints, Seahawks 27 - Colts 17.

Boom.
SC

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Colts will come in scared, exactly. But I have observed the Seahawks get into the heads of many different players. Kam Chancellor is one of the best in the league at hitting receivers in legal fashion. Earl Thomas can play chess with the best QB's and frees up our CB's to mix it up underneath. Richard Sherman's had a couple off games but is a danger to jump routes at any time and has baited many a QB into dumb throws. Tom Brady stayed disciplined in last year's tete-a-tete and only made two poor throws that I remember, but our secondary made him pay for both; neither got away. Luck will need to stay similarly sharp and avoid prayer throws, and so will his receivers. Our secondary's physical nature had Dallas' receivers hearing footsteps and pulling up short on routes by the second half.

Also, it's a tribute to Luck that he's done so well while enduring the 2nd most allowed QB hits in the NFL. Jacksonville hit him 10 times. Seattle won't be content with that. Just quoting numbers here. Luck's completion rate of 43.5% under pressure is just screaming for him to throw a Schaub or two, perhaps in DHB's direction. He'd be wiser to scramble, but then he'll run into Bobby Wagner playing spy. Luck runs smart, but few LB's contain running QB's more effectively than Wagner. It's a great matchup for both, and I'm looking forward to watching.

Andrew Luck is a respectable QB, but he's never faced a defense like this. He'll make mistakes. He'll probably look great in the first half, but once Pete hits the gas in the fourth quarter after the Colts are a little tired, the secondary will be in a position to capitalize on anything that goes wrong. Regardless of the outcome, Luck should walk away from this one with a respectable stat line but a renewed mortality in many people's eyes. If pattern holds, he'll have at least one pick of the unfortunate tip-drill variety that can't exactly be blamed on him but doesn't give him the ball back either.