This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Indianapolis Colts

camdawg

Reaction score
Colts_87":1mlas5sp said:
Damn, I almost believed it too lol :141847_bnono:

Yup, it was a response for a flamer. But you're not, so let's talk some real football, as we get to know your team a little better this week.

Last year, if there was a knock on Andrew, it was turnovers. This year, both INTs and fumbles are way down. Is he just seeing the field better, like you'd expect after a full year in the league? Did he make it an emphasis to just take better care of the ball?

Reggie Wayne's been doing great work for a long time now, and DHB is obviously a serious deep threat. But what would you say some of T.Y. Hilton's greatest strengths are?

Colts fans seem very happy with the way Vontae Davis is playing at corner? Normally a 2nd round pick is a lot to give up-do you feel like you got the better end of the deal? (For those who watched the Dolphins Hard Knocks, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was totally feckless of Jeff Ireland to not tell Vontae what he was traded for. He's gonna find out in an hour or so anyway, so why not tell him??)

You guys wouldn't have improved on defense so much without some good linebacker play. Who's been the best on the Colts so far this year?

As a Seahawks fan, if I had to come up with a couple of strengths about our team that may not be obvious to fans of our opponents, I'd say depth at WR, and how good our special teams are. Most fan bases would know who Sidney Rice is from his Minnesota days. They know Golden Tate from the Green Bay play. But while Seattle does not have the best receiving group in football, we're pretty deep with guys we can count on to make a key catch against solid coverage. Even our fourth and fifth guys, Jermaine Kearse and Stephen Williams, are people we can rely on.

Unlike Randy Bullock last week for Houston, who looked scared to death at the prospect of having to win the game, Stephen Haushka for us has a ton of confidence to go with his improved leg strength. I don't think anyone on here doubted his ability to make the game winning kick. Our punter, return units, and coverage units are also very good. It's one of the "hidden" ways Seattle wins games.

HumbleColtsFan

Reaction score
camdawg":3dk4mm6m said:
Colts_87":3dk4mm6m said:
Damn, I almost believed it too lol :141847_bnono:

Yup, it was a response for a flamer. But you're not, so let's talk some real football, as we get to know your team a little better this week.

Last year, if there was a knock on Andrew, it was turnovers. This year, both INTs and fumbles are way down. Is he just seeing the field better, like you'd expect after a full year in the league? Did he make it an emphasis to just take better care of the ball?

Reggie Wayne's been doing great work for a long time now, and DHB is obviously a serious deep threat. But what would you say some of T.Y. Hilton's greatest strengths are?

Colts fans seem very happy with the way Vontae Davis is playing at corner? Normally a 2nd round pick is a lot to give up-do you feel like you got the better end of the deal? (For those who watched the Dolphins Hard Knocks, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was totally feckless of Jeff Ireland to not tell Vontae what he was traded for. He's gonna find out in an hour or so anyway, so why not tell him??)

You guys wouldn't have improved on defense so much without some good linebacker play. Who's been the best on the Colts so far this year?

As a Seahawks fan, if I had to come up with a couple of strengths about our team that may not be obvious to fans of our opponents, I'd say depth at WR, and how good our special teams are. Most fan bases would know who Sidney Rice is from his Minnesota days. They know Golden Tate from the Green Bay play. But while Seattle does not have the best receiving group in football, we're pretty deep with guys we can count on to make a key catch against solid coverage. Even our fourth and fifth guys, Jermaine Kearse and Stephen Williams, are people we can rely on.

Unlike Randy Bullock last week for Houston, who looked scared to death at the prospect of having to win the game, Stephen Haushka for us has a ton of confidence to go with his improved leg strength. I don't think anyone on here doubted his ability to make the game winning kick. Our punter, return units, and coverage units are also very good. It's one of the "hidden" ways Seattle wins games.

I am not the one you were asking, but I have the unbiased knowledge to answer you all the same haha.

Lucks turnover differential is mainly correlating with us not having to chuck it 50 times a game, along with our run game being formidable(Never thought I'd say that again after 06 haha) pulling an extra defender in the box. A year of xp and getting into a less vertical offense that he is familiar with(Ran in Stanford under Harbaugh) is helping as well though.

TY doesn't really have a set "strength" other than his speed which is deadly, but he is developing into quite the route runner and his hands are 1000x improved under Reggie's tutolage. He tied the league in drop rate(Ironically with Donnie Avery who was with us haha) last season, but off the top of my head he has had only one drop this season(On a screen play that was catchable but Aso was pressuring towards him n I think he let it go because it would have been a TFL, but I'd have to watch the replay to be certain.

We love Vontae. He has grown into quite the shutdown corner for us. Not on Sherman's level of course, but the fact he rarely gets thrown towards is a bright spot(Opposing QBs had like a 30 QB rating through the final four games of last season).

Our best LB imo has definitely been Freemen. He is stout against the run, and is darn good at blitzing(Was 8th on the list prior to this week when we primarily used him in stopping MJD).

I understand your statement about your WR core. You don't have that Andre Johnson/Calvin/Boldin/etc but the group is solid as a whole. I'd say our secondary is a good comparison to that. Vontae is good, but the group as a whole has jelled together very quickly and has turned into a top 5 arguably a top 3 unit.

Sorry for the long winded post. Was answering each point seperately. GL Sunday hope the game is as good as I feel it will be!

Throwdown

Reaction score
T.Y. Hilton kind of scares me, he fits that profile of WR's that we struggled with last season, hopefully Thurmond, Maxwell, And Lane are up to that challenge.

BeastModeMercer

Reaction score
The Hawks have done such a great job on the road this year showing resiliency on offense and our 2nd half D has been on point. In my opinion there is no better team at half time adjustments than the Seahawks and that's where you win games. GO HAWKS!

HumbleColtsFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":1fyw9uuq said:
T.Y. Hilton kind of scares me, he fits that profile of WR's that we struggled with last season, hopefully Thurmond, Maxwell, And Lane are up to that challenge.

TY has been very under used this year. Only game he was even on the field consistently was MIA, and he had around 140 yards(Most even came in the first half).

Throwdown

Reaction score
I had no idea honestly, I liked him last season though, dudes got skills and seemed to always come up big for Luck when the Colts needed.

HumbleColtsFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":3iajk8vy said:
I had no idea honestly, I liked him last season though, dudes got skills and seemed to always come up big for Luck when the Colts needed.

It has been a big gripe on our forums. When he has been on the field he has produced, we have just been using a lot of 2 wr sets with DHB and Reggie on the field leaving him on the bench. With you guys having fantastic corners on the outside I'm hoping for a lot of Fleener and TY in the middle this game though.

NFL Fan

Reaction score
Listen, both teams are hot right now, it will be a good game. Whoever loses is far from done. I feel both teams will be there in the playoffs and make noise. The nfl is unpredictable, as it should be. This is gonna be one hell of a game, I can't wait.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope we smack em honestly, and it's not out of disrespect for the Colts organization or their fans who had been real cool, it's my best friend is a Colts fan and I wont hear the end of it, as he won't if his Colts lose. There's pride on the line for me!

NFL Fan

Reaction score
Throwdown":3o2lxdzd said:
I hope we smack em honestly, and it's not out of disrespect for the Colts organization or their fans who had been real cool, it's my best friend is a Colts fan and I wont hear the end of it, as he won't if his Colts lose. There's pride on the line for me!
No one gives a ^%$# about your personal issues.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
Vance87":179y3sqo said:
I've never met fans like Colts fans. They're really corny and give me a soccer mom type of vibe. They have an eternal 'good guy' complex and believe that their good will triumph over any challenge. Because of the luck they've had with QBs since Peyton, they kind of believe in some mystical aura that will bring them good fortune. They love the fact that the horseshoe is a symbol of good luck and they have a guy named Luck for a QB (who is just as corny as they are).

It's all very annoying. Please stomp them.

Before we won the Super Bowl, we had a lot of high strung fans (myself included). We were always dealing with Patriots fans and they drove us into daily spitting matches and they rubbed it in. Patriots fans are the worse in the league. After we beat them in the AFC Championship game, and won the whole thing, we mellowed out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
NFL Fan":14vbg9pf said:
Throwdown":14vbg9pf said:

Russell Wilson does, jerk

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueShoe":2xukjxzi said:
Vance87":2xukjxzi said:
I've never met fans like Colts fans. They're really corny and give me a soccer mom type of vibe. They have an eternal 'good guy' complex and believe that their good will triumph over any challenge. Because of the luck they've had with QBs since Peyton, they kind of believe in some mystical aura that will bring them good fortune. They love the fact that the horseshoe is a symbol of good luck and they have a guy named Luck for a QB (who is just as corny as they are).

It's all very annoying. Please stomp them.

Before we won the Super Bowl, we had a lot of high strung fans (myself included). We were always dealing with Patriots fans and they drove us into daily spitting matches and they rubbed it in. Patriots fans are the worse in the league. After we beat them in the AFC Championship game, and won the whole thing, we mellowed out.

Ohhhhhhh sounds like 49er fans

NFL Fan

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ivgc45w said:
I hope we smack em honestly
One thing hawks fans have forgotten about. In almost every category, the colts are right there. I know the hawks are a good/up and coming team, but this game will tell A LOT about where both teams stand.

There are fans on both sides saying BS, but real football fans know this is a test for both teams. I CAN'T WAIT!

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
NFL.com's Mind-blowing stats for Week 5 of the 2013 NFL season

Wilson vs Luck

The Seahawks visit the Colts on Sunday. Through 20 career games, Russell Wilson leads Andrew Luck in wins (15 to 14), completion percentage (63.6 to 55.8 ), touchdowns (32 to 28), and passer rating (99.1 to 79.1).
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap20000 ... on#photo=7

Doesn't tell the whole story obviously, but still interesting.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
J T
Scottemojo":1wzfgm00 said:
XxxZagnutxxX":1wzfgm00 said:
There were posters here willing to Suck for Luck.

The keys to a Colts victory:

1. Establish the run.

2. Exploit mismatches with the Hawks LB'ers on short routes and well timed screen passes.

3. Keep the pocket from collapsing on Luck.

4. Stop Lynch.

I won't add stop Wilson because if you can't stop Lynch, there's no stopping Wilson. hmmm added it anyhow....

Dating back to last year, this team has not lost a game by more than 1 score. A blowout by the Colts is very unlikely. I like our chances. Hawks 24-17
I think that streak goes back to 2011, actually.

Correct, the streak dates back to November 13th, 2011 and is currently 30 games strong.

Colts fans should know the Seahawks are 21-9 in this span with loss differential of only 37 points (4.11 on average)

I also expect this streak to reach its 2nd year anniversiry.

In other news: the last time the Seahawks allowed an opponent to score over 30 points in the regular season is 29 games strong anddates back to October 3O, 2011. When the Bengals put 34 points on us. This is also the last time we lost by more than 14 points.

Please, note the Seahawks D did allow the Falcons to score 30 points in the playoffs.

The regular season team that has come the closest is the Detroit Lions in 2012. They put up 28 on the Seahawks.

In this regard, if there was ever a team to score 30 on the Seahawks it would be the Colts, in a 10 a.m. start Away game in a domed stadium, nonetheless, f, after a grueling physical battle the week prior that was also an away game(SF, WAS, HOU) against a talented QB (Stafford, Ryan, add Luck) who has a top 10 WR (Ca.Johnson, Ju.Jones, add R.Wayne ) with other WR talent plus Running Games the Seahawks would underestimate.

Recent history says the Seahawks should lose this game and the Colts should score high in the near 30s. However, the Seahawks are older and wiser in 2013, and appears to finally possess a pass-rush rotation that can take over on the road. #TruckingTheBends #BuckingTheTrends

hawker84

Reaction score
NFL Fan":10rtfkjz said:
Throwdown":10rtfkjz said:
I hope we smack em honestly
One thing hawks fans have forgotten about. In almost every category, the colts are right there. I know the hawks are a good/up and coming team, but this game will tell A LOT about where both teams stand.

There are fans on both sides saying BS, but real football fans know this is a test for both teams. I CAN'T WAIT!

Most objective hawks fans realize the stats are virtually even at this point. I personally feel we are better as an all around team than the colts, and have won far tougher games than Indy up to this point, SF excluded of course. These are games we would have lost last year. it seems Sea has turned the corner on our road woes and our defense losing games late in the 4th qrter, see Miami, DET, ATL last season. we're winning those games this year. That's what give me confidense coming into this sunday. It will be a tough game indeed, but i simply think Sea is the better team and will win....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NFL Fan":3gumcdjs said:
Throwdown":3gumcdjs said:

Even fewer people care about your opinions.

ManBunts

Reaction score
If we want to win we can't forget about Luck's mobility. He's no Russell, but the guy can extend plays, which is dangerous when you've got wiley old receivers like Wayne out there. We need to keep him contained and collapse that pocket in on him quickly. I love having Clemons back, and I expect to see him wreak havoc in there.

aawolf

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":1u3zo22i said:
NFL.com's Mind-blowing stats for Week 5 of the 2013 NFL season

Wilson vs Luck

The Seahawks visit the Colts on Sunday. Through 20 career games, Russell Wilson leads Andrew Luck in wins (15 to 14), completion percentage (63.6 to 55.8 ), touchdowns (32 to 28), and passer rating (99.1 to 79.1).
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap20000 ... on#photo=7

Doesn't tell the whole story obviously, but still interesting.

Thank you. These stats cannot be posted enough. I listen to a lot of sports talk radio (I have Sirius and have a long drive to work) and almost every analyst says that Luck is a better QB than Wilson at this point in their career. They never have the stats to back it up. Don't get me wrong, Luck is great and the Colts are lucky to have him (no pun intended). But, the boilerplate arguments that "Luck keeps them in all the games" and "Luck is great at coming from behind" can be said just as much, if not more, for Russel Wilson than for Luck. I'm so sick of hearing about how Luck is destined to be in the Hall of Fame, while Russell doesn't get the same props. I am biased. I am probably overstating how great RW is. But, its not open and shut and Russell Wilson is every bit as good or even better than Andrew Luck.