This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Houston Texans

HansGruber

Reaction score
Actually, the Texans match up pretty well against us. It's the first game I'm really nervous about. I'll be a little less nervous about Indy.

Houston is the #2 defense in the NFL for a reason. They're fast, aggressive, great at pass rush, and have an excellent secondary. I can see a turnover or two, and a couple of sacks, and plenty of hurries. JJ Watts will make some plays as usual, as will Brian Cushing.

And on offense, they've got 2 great physical RBs who can punish you. Further, their coach is out there talking about how they need to get back to running the ball. Seattle's one weak spot on defense is against physical rushing attacks. Also, DeAndre Hopkins is pretty speedy, shifty, he'll get some catches and make some plays.

Seattle may win, but it'll be a bigger battle than we faced in Carolina, by a significant margin. Folks here were praising Carolina's defense, but Houston is on another level. Don't let that Baltimore win fool you. Houston is no joke. I think they're a better team than Indy, and I think they can beat Denver. They're all over there talking about no Superbowls, but that team is good enough to get there, no matter how "average" they think Schaub is (and he's a lot better than average).

Seems like a toss-up to me. Could go either way. I'm kinda shocked at how their own fans, and many of ours, think it's going to just be a cake-walk for Seattle. I honestly think it'll be one of the toughest games we play this season.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
NastyNate":2lggrmek said:
Texans fan here, thanks for welcoming us to the board. Our offense has yet to show up for a game this season. I really don't see a single angle in which the Texans win this game. The slight advantage of playing here in Houston with an early start might just delay the inevitable. I have really enjoyed watching the Seahawks play this season, will continue to root for you guys (except this week obviously).

I see a 34-13 pounding with the Texans getting a garbage time TD.
Thank for stopping by nate

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Some people overlooking Houston baffles me. Ppl seem to forget they've been one of the best AFC teams over the past few years. Plus they were embarrassed last week against another AFC contender. You can rest assured they're gonna come out guns blazing. I think the Hawks are a better team in almost every area, BUT with a beat up O-line going against Houston's main strength (their D-Line), all it takes is a hurried pass or 2 to get picked or a strip-sack where we cough up the ball (which has already happened twice this season), and it's a whole new game. Limiting turnovers is the key when you're the better team but playing on the road, and with that O-Line we're likely throwing out there on Sunday, DEFINTELY anything is possible

Sac

Reaction score
NastyNate":236le7vn said:
Texans fan here, thanks for welcoming us to the board. Our offense has yet to show up for a game this season. I really don't see a single angle in which the Texans win this game. The slight advantage of playing here in Houston with an early start might just delay the inevitable. I have really enjoyed watching the Seahawks play this season, will continue to root for you guys (except this week obviously).

I see a 34-13 pounding with the Texans getting a garbage time TD.

Classy post, Nate. You're welcome back any time.

hawk45

Reaction score
Texans fans totally winning me over in this thread.

I haven't watched Schaub enough to have a really informed opinion, I hear the chatter about him not being the answer for the Texans, but I'm reserving judgment for the moment. He'll have the chance to quiet that chatter considerably with a strong showing against our secondary, that's for sure.

This game scares me. I don't think we can come out slow on the road this time and get the victory. It's a playoff team, on the road, that's just a difficult chore in the NFL even with how well we've been doing.

NastyNate

Reaction score
hawk45":1ks6df7u said:

I haven't watched Schaub enough to have a really informed opinion, I hear the chatter about him not being the answer for the Texans, but I'm reserving judgment for the moment. He'll have the chance to quiet that chatter considerably with a strong showing against our secondary, that's for sure.

This game scares me. I don't think we can come out slow on the road this time and get the victory. It's a playoff team, on the road, that's just a difficult chore in the NFL even with how well we've been doing.

So far this season, the Texans have produced 23 first half points. Our offense has 3 speeds: slow, stumble, and stop. I wouldn't worry too much about a slow start, we'll match you 3 and out for 3 and out until you find your rhythm. :(

davidonmi

Reaction score
that prediction thread is depressing. Everyone but a few think we'll blow them out

JamTex

Reaction score
Good morning Hawks Fans!
First, I must say having you visit our boards is great. You guys are great fans.
I have enjoyed reading your posts both there and here.
You guys have a great team.
Here is what I see see in the 2 teams...
The Hawks have a great defense. Very similar to the Texans. Very fast, very aggressive.
Great match up here.
The one thing you should know.
The Texans defense prides itself on stopping the run. And they are very good at it.
Should the Texans defense contains your run, it will be a very long, tough day for Wilson.
As for the offense, allot of the problem for the Texans has been on the offensive line. The thing is, the Texans will get Duane Brown back for this game. This is big because he is considered one of the very best in the league. It will solidify the offense.
This will give Shaub a considerable amount of confidence.
This will actually be the first game the Texans will have all of their starters in and playing together.
The Texans also
pride themselves in the running game. If the Texans get their ruining game going, they will go to play action pass from what will look like a running play. This is where the Texans are dangerous. This will be a slug fest for sure. These teams are both power running teams. Texans have the edge just because the Texans are a better passing team then the Hawks.
Defensively, the Texans have the edge just because they are just slightly better at stopping the run.
The Hawks are just that in the defensive back field how ever. Ball Hawks! Your secondary is just awesome. I think this will be a legendary game.
The winner will be the team that has the ball last.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see it go to over time.
I think this could very well be a preview of the Superbowl!
Good luck guys!
Have a great season.
Let's hope for a very good, injury free game that the refs stay out of.
I'd like to see a game decided by the 2 teams play and not a penalty fest where the refs get all the attention.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JamTex":3ndzpovq said:
Good morning Hawks Fans!
First, I must say having you visit our boards is great. You guys are great fans.
The Hawks have a great defense. Very similar to the Texans. Very fast, very aggressive.
Great match up here.
The Texans defense prides itself on stopping the run. And they are very good at it.
Should the Texans defense contains your run, it will be a very long, tough day for Wilson.
As for the offense, allot of the problem for the Texans has been on the offensive line. The thing is, the Texans will get Duane Brown back for this game. This is big because he is considered one of the very best in the league. It will solidify the offense.
This will actually be the first game the Texans will have all of their starters in and playing together.
The Texans also
pride themselves in the running game. If the Texans get their ruining game going, they will go to play action pass from what will look like a running play. This is where the Texans are dangerous. This will be a slug fest for sure. These teams are both power running teams. Texans have the edge just because the Texans are a better passing team then the Hawks.
Defensively, the Texans have the edge just because they are just slightly better at stopping the run.
The Hawks are just that in the defensive back field how ever. Ball Hawks! Your secondary is just awesome. I think this will be a legendary game.
Good luck guys!
Have a great season.
I'd like to see a game decided by the 2 teams play and not a penalty fest where the refs get all the attention.

Welcome to our board.

My major quibble with your post is that the Texans don't have a defensive edge because they can stop the run. Our defense has the edge because they can stop everything. Especially points.

Rest of your post seems pretty straightforward to me, though.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":woju7izp said:
JamTex":woju7izp said:
Good morning Hawks Fans!
Great match up here.
The Texans also
Good luck guys!
Have a great season.

Welcome to our board.

My major quibble with your post is that the Texans don't have a defensive edge because they can stop the run. Our defense has the edge because they can stop everything. Especially points.

Rest of your post seems pretty straightforward to me, though.

Houston's Defense may be able to stop the run but they damn sure haven't proved they can stop the pass. Which will be an interesting matchup to how RW3 handles a battered O-line. I see Tate and Baldwin having big games.

hawk45

Reaction score
NastyNate":1p2zbk05 said:
hawk45":1p2zbk05 said:

So far this season, the Texans have produced 23 first half points. Our offense has 3 speeds: slow, stumble, and stop. I wouldn't worry too much about a slow start, we'll match you 3 and out for 3 and out until you find your rhythm. :(

Well at least we're spotting you 3 offensive line starters, how's that for hospitality! I'd love to win this game but I'm starting to think I'd settle for Russell leaving the field under his own power.

We've given up on pass protection around here so hopefully Russell is able to see them coming because his own elusiveness is the only reason he survives. I would be pretty surprised at this point if we managed to do enough on the ground for our offense to contribute much to the outcome.

Sometimes when our O is balls our defense will step up and have themselves a sick game, that's kinda what happened in Carolina. Er...except the Texans are a much better team. Have a feeling we'll need that sort of game from the D and some turnovers to have a chance in this one.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Reading the Texans' board is confusing me...after the Niners boards I had forgotten that other team's fans could actually be nice!

hwkfan4evr

Reaction score
Listening to all the talking heads we can now rest easy, relax, take a big sigh of relief because the 40-whiners beat the Lambs thereby guaranteeing that there will be a NFL in our future.
My God I was so worried that if they had lost the game that the league would have folded up and disappeared from the TV networks. WHAT would I have done with my Sundays.
But according to the sport casters the whiners are back, they have solved all of their problems, Harbaugh is a coaching genius and Kapercrap played the perfect game.
Damn, I'm so glad that the whiners saved football so that the Hawk's will get to kick their @zzes this December, I just can't tell you how grateful I am.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Major Kudos to the Texans fans that are posting here! 98% of the niners clowns that post here could learn some class from you guys. Heres to an injury free and zebra free game! :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

Don Sowell

Reaction score
HansGruber":2chjr5i7 said:
Actually, the Texans match up pretty well against us. It's the first game I'm really nervous about. I'll be a little less nervous about Indy.

Houston is the #2 defense in the NFL for a reason. They're fast, aggressive, great at pass rush, and have an excellent secondary. I can see a turnover or two, and a couple of sacks, and plenty of hurries. JJ Watts will make some plays as usual, as will Brian Cushing.

And on offense, they've got 2 great physical RBs who can punish you. Further, their coach is out there talking about how they need to get back to running the ball. Seattle's one weak spot on defense is against physical rushing attacks. Also, DeAndre Hopkins is pretty speedy, shifty, he'll get some catches and make some plays.

Seattle may win, but it'll be a bigger battle than we faced in Carolina, by a significant margin. Folks here were praising Carolina's defense, but Houston is on another level. Don't let that Baltimore win fool you. Houston is no joke. I think they're a better team than Indy, and I think they can beat Denver. They're all over there talking about no Superbowls, but that team is good enough to get there, no matter how "average" they think Schaub is (and he's a lot better than average).

Seems like a toss-up to me. Could go either way. I'm kinda shocked at how their own fans, and many of ours, think it's going to just be a cake-walk for Seattle. I honestly think it'll be one of the toughest games we play this season.

I agree. This is one of the four really dangerous games on our schedule. The other three are @SF, @NY, and @Atlanta. Given some recent results, I might be convinced that @NY should be replaced with @Indy on that list, but CHFF has some good evidence that the Giants are performing much worse than their true strength, so I'll hold with those four at the moment.

The way I see it, if we win this one, we're way ahead of the game and on target for 13+ wins. Lose it and we're just on target for challenging for the #1 seed.

Either way, Houston is dangerous and should under no circumstances be underestimated.

kc311

Reaction score
The people who posted here from the Texans boards are the good posters... 99% of the other members are fair weather fans. I don't post on Houston boards for that reason, but I enjoy Nate and Jam's posts.

Exittium

Reaction score
its been fun reading the other forums and their Rage on QB meltdown.. as im sure they had fun reading our meltdowns (vents) during the game
I mean they're still mostly classy and respectful fanbase but man... sadly the group of people who burned the jersey def tarnished the rep

the start of this one in particular is great

I look at the sidelines and see Pete Carroll slapping his players, begging them not to give up, encouraging them, and motivating them to dig deeper. I look at our sideline and Kubiak is looking like Mary Katherine with his hands in his arm pits. Where is the offensive urgency from Kubiak or even Schaub, Andre or Foster?

Latest posts