This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Houston Texans

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2vh6wfhi said:
This week feels like a trap game, not last week. Playing an "early game" against a beat up, under-performing team in their house that even their fans don't expect to win. This will be a huge test for the Hawks to see if they've truly taken that next step into being an elite team that can beat anyone, anywhere.

I agree with this. I think it's going to be a great gauge of our D-line strength. Tate has stepped into the void left by Foster and even Schaub can complete 70% of passes when given all day to throw.

Gonna be an ugly bruiser, IMO.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Why do I read their boards and automatically think I'm looking at a mirror image of ourselves?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Um... You guys think that the Texans are gonna keep the game close? The same team that needed a last second play at home to beat the Titans? You guys are out of your freaking minds. Seahawks win 42-13.

davidonmi

Reaction score
our O-line isn't in shambles, it is below average but Carp Ungar Sweezy and Breno would start on plenty of teams. Mcquistan at LT, probably not.

davidonmi

Reaction score
rideaducati":3uhq2ogx said:
Um... You guys think that the Texans are gonna keep the game close? The same team that needed a last second play at home to beat the Titans? You guys are out of your freaking minds. Seahawks win 42-13.
10 AM game at a team with that front 7, no it will not be 42-13. I'm starting to think more and more that we may win, I'll go seahawks 16-14

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a little nervous about this one, a lot more than the 49ers game. If our defense can hold their offense, I think we'll win pretty easily. I know the concerns are with our offense, but I feel like the defense sets the tone of the game. If we get stops and turn overs, it'll lead to points as usual.

If Andre Johnson is out, that's a benefit for us!

Seeker

Reaction score
Texans are basically a 2007-ish seahawks team.
Skilled, efficient offense that can slice you pretty bad if you make mistakes.
I say "ish" because the 07 seahawks were so efficient, were these guys seem kinda like a proto formed goey version of that team. Worst still, Matt Schaub seems to have a bit of Matt Hasselbecks worst genes (no not the hair), but his inability to maintain his composure in high pressure situations. Schaubs "we-want-the-ball-and-were-gonna-score"-itis is a little worse in that he seems scared and always craps the bed against a decent defense. Seahawks with that new pass rush should be just a nightmare for him.

there most competent reciever (Johnson) is suspected to have a foot injury and was in so much pain during the game that he couldn't go into motion fast enough for the play and caused a delay of game penalty. Foster is crying like Shaun Alexander over yardage, I wonder if he feels stabbed in the back by kub, ben tates run style matches up well with our run d.

This is still a good team, but
(the seahawks are scary)

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Either team is real capable of beating the other. It should be a tremendous matchup. I look forward to it.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1qortwup said:
Either team is real capable of beating the other. It should be a tremendous matchup. I look forward to it.

Yeah definitely. It's goona be a tough game.

Vance87

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Obviously not very confident going into this game. Our defense, although making a lot of dumb penalties, played well last week. Our offense has become a huge concern. Most of us think both Schaub and Kubiak are way too conservative, especially defenses they consider to be good; it's like they're afraid to throw it down field. Only when we are down by a large margin do we throw the football around - and lo and behold, we score points. I don't know how they don't see it, they have to.

Our offensive line sorely missed Duane Brown last week - we had to switch Harris to LT and play Newton at RT, who was just awful last year. Schaub was pressured the entire game, and he doesn't like pressure.

With that said, we're gonna face a huge test. Your defense is amazing (had them on my fantasy team the last 2 years) so I expect to see a lot of check downs...sigh. Only hope is if our D matches and gets some turnovers, which Wilson does not do often.

I have faith that we'll make it a game, because if it was in Seattle I'd be calling this a big L.

Browncoat

Reaction score
24-13
Seahawks win

I don't think the Texans offense has enough juice to put more points up on the board than the Seahawks, but at the same time, I think the Texans defense will be enough of a challenge for Wilson that the game will remain close and hard-fought. I look for Lynch to put up 100+ yards on the ground and 2 TD against their D. If Wilson can penetrate their defense just enough to manage the game clock, the Seahawks can walk away with a W this week.

yeastmode

Reaction score
Vance87":vbbk0msb said:
Hey guys.

Obviously not very confident going into this game. Our defense, although making a lot of dumb penalties, played well last week. Our offense has become a huge concern. Most of us think both Schaub and Kubiak are way too conservative, especially defenses they consider to be good; it's like they're afraid to throw it down field. Only when we are down by a large margin do we throw the football around - and lo and behold, we score points. I don't know how they don't see it, they have to.

Our offensive line sorely missed Duane Brown last week - we had to switch Harris to LT and play Newton at RT, who was just awful last year. Schaub was pressured the entire game, and he doesn't like pressure.

With that said, we're gonna face a huge test. Your defense is amazing (had them on my fantasy team the last 2 years) so I expect to see a lot of check downs...sigh. Only hope is if our D matches and gets some turnovers, which Wilson does not do often.

I have faith that we'll make it a game, because if it was in Seattle I'd be calling this a big L.

Thanks for the objective, thoughtful post.

As a Hawks fan exiled in Dallas, I get to see the the Texans on CBS multiple times a season. And from what I've seen of them in recent seasons I mostly agree with your assessment. The thing about them for me is, that regardless of their schematic and leadership shortcomings, they have multiple big-time playmakers on both side of the ball. On any given play in any given situation, they are more than capable of doing something extraordinary...while somewhat inexplicable being capable doing something totally lame.

You guys were well on your way to lame-ing out in SD when out of no where your playmakers went off and ripped the jawbone right off the face of defeat, with victory still stuck in the teeth. The same way I never count out the Giants in any season till they are mathematically eliminated, I never count the Texans out of any game till the final second expires. They have too many playmakers that are too capable of greatness at any moment. If Seattle wins this game, it will probably be because the Texans lost the game as much or more than Seahawks came in there and just beat them down. If our pass rush can get consistent pressure on Schaub the whole game it could be a beat down for the Hawks. But if not I see this game being close and coming down to which team shoots themselves in the foot less.

Final score 20-17 (ish), the winner being whomever makes fewer mistakes.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
yeastmode":35u220iu said:
your playmakers went off and ripped the jawbone right off the face of defeat, with victory still stuck in the teeth.

I'm stealing this. Hands off everybody!!

:lol:

Gory graphic stuck in my head!

hawker84

Reaction score
just wanted to say after reading some of the pre-game day thread over there on texantalk i think it's called, wow they have some very classy fans, i didn't post myself, but they made every hawk fan that did feel very welcome and actually engaged them in real football talk, what a concept right?

such a relief from the garbage we've had to endure over the last few months. just wanted to say props texans fans, here's to a injury free game, and hope to see some of you post over here throughout the season.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I just found this one funny...

"I expect most Texans fans to watch the game, see your QB perform compared to ours, and want to jump off their balconies. Fortunately here in Houston many homes are single story, and very few are more than two, so it will be mostly just sprained ankles and nicks and bruises."

I just the picture in my head these well-intentioned, suicidaly committed fans doing the best they can, given their circumstances...

:lol:

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
JSeahawks":r4udjbs5 said:
They sure aren't very confident. Most of them seem to think we're going to kick their ass.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthr ... 228&page=2

Yeah, I tried to trash talk one of my buddies down in Houston and is a huge Texans fan. he was like "Yeah, I'm not even going to say nothing because the Seahawks are probably going to blow us out of the water. " Dang, kind of felt sorry for the guy its only Week 4.

SDHawk

Reaction score
yeastmode":336l10sq said:
Thanks for the objective, thoughtful post.

As a Hawks fan exiled in Dallas, I get to see the the Texans on CBS multiple times a season. And from what I've seen of them in recent seasons I mostly agree with your assessment. The thing about them for me is, that regardless of their schematic and leadership shortcomings, they have multiple big-time playmakers on both side of the ball. On any given play in any given situation, they are more than capable of doing something extraordinary...while somewhat inexplicable being capable doing something totally lame.

You guys were well on your way to lame-ing out in SD when out of no where your playmakers went off and ripped the jawbone right off the face of defeat, with victory still stuck in the teeth. The same way I never count out the Giants in any season till they are mathematically eliminated, I never count the Texans out of any game till the final second expires. They have too many playmakers that are too capable of greatness at any moment. If Seattle wins this game, it will probably be because the Texans lost the game as much or more than Seahawks came in there and just beat them down. If our pass rush can get consistent pressure on Schaub the whole game it could be a beat down for the Hawks. But if not I see this game being close and coming down to which team shoots themselves in the foot less.

Final score 20-17 (ish), the winner being whomever makes fewer mistakes.

I've seen Schaub lead huge comebacks over the last few years and think of him as a legit QB. I get the angst re conservative play calling but don't understand the Schaub hate.

17-13. Seahawks. I think the first half will be an absolute snoozer with most of the action coming late in the game.

NastyNate

Reaction score
Texans fan here, thanks for welcoming us to the board. Our offense has yet to show up for a game this season. I really don't see a single angle in which the Texans win this game. The slight advantage of playing here in Houston with an early start might just delay the inevitable. I have really enjoyed watching the Seahawks play this season, will continue to root for you guys (except this week obviously).

I see a 34-13 pounding with the Texans getting a garbage time TD.

Latest posts