This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
MLT":2hlt2c3k said:
Let's compare then packer backer. You have a supposed top 5 running back? Well he needs to follow up a rookie season 1st to even crack top 5! Anyway hawks have the 2nd best back and most consistent in the league the last 3 years! You have a top 5 qb, we have a top 10! Aggghh defense Hmmmm I would say your top 20 and 15 @ best! Hawks are top defense until someone proves otherwise! And finally the one thing you forgot to mention which will be a big factor this game is special teams! Oh and any mention of a hurry up offense is good to hear! 12th man can take care of that! Lol! Let's see how your rookie center does!

Ya, let's compare. I never said you guys didn't have a better team or better defense. I only said your offense wasn't as good as ours. Rodgers is not a top 5 quarterback he is the best quarterback in the NFL. Highest quarterback rating in NFL history, and best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history. Eddie Lacy is considered heading into this year as a very good back. At least top ten(which is what I said), and he won rookie of the year last year. Note: I did not ever say he was better than Lynch. However, in my opinion he is getting close. We also have a very deep backfield. Let's continue to compare. Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Jarret Boykin. Any NFL expert would take them over your guys receivers (who are good I'm not denying that). Our O-line as I already mentioned is very good. I don't see what you're upset about. I said you guys had a better D. I even said my head prediction was that you would win the game. So, what's your problem? Just stating my opinion on our offense. Since you brought up defense I will say this....Our defense will be better this year. We have good safeties this year, and so far 3-4 good healthy cornerbacks. Our D line an outside linebackers have also been improved. Our only defensive weakness is our middle linebackers.

MLT

Reaction score
Nah my bad no one's angry! Just tired of listening to main stream media my bad! I do disagree with your receiver breakdown though! It's more your style of offense to air it out more which is understandable with Rodgers as your guy! Anyway in my opinion there about even talent wise on the receivers! Yours get bigger numbers though no denying that! I just feel it's more style of offense playing a factor in that!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PackerNation":20l403fb said:
chris98251":20l403fb said:
No nose tackle, rookie Center in the house that creates the highest false start penalties in the league against the best defense in the league last year. Lacy is a nice back, but he isn't quick and shifty and is a easy target to bring down if tackled with good technique, which we do.

I expect to us to punch the receivers for the Packers in the mouth and see how they take it. Get into their heads and Rodgers is throwing picks and the score goes up fast.

Our back up NT will be just fine. We don't have much drop off between him and Raji who was lost for the year. We will have to see what Capers has dialed up to stop Lynch and the rest of the offense. Clay is healthy and looks to be on par for another Pro Bowl season.

To be honest, our rookie starting Center (Linsley) is actually the back up to our other rookie starting Center (Tretter) who will miss the first 4-6 weeks with a bruised knee. He will have to step up in a big way. The good news for us is that he is a big, strong kid and looks to have a pretty bright future in Green Bay. Smart too. He may just surprise a few people.

Your DB's are tough and I expect a lot of contact. I also suspect the refs will stifle your aggressiveness with a lot of flags. The league wants more scoring and doesn't want WR's to be touched. This may play right into Green Bays strength of small and fast WR's that can gain separation with the best of them.

One thing is for sure, it should be a pretty good game.
Cries refs stole game two years ago, begs the Lord Goodell that the refs give him a game this year. Perhaps you would be a better human if you hoped your players just went out and earned it?

strat1080

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1cluvzov said:
I thought Packers fans would at least know football...

"Noise won't be an issue, Rodgers practice silent snap counts with loud music!"

Yea, so did Drew Brees and the Saints, twice in 6 weeks... they even painted their field to look like the Seahawks field.

Guess what was still a factor?

Dummies...

I don't understand why you feel that statement is indicative of somebody that doesn't know football. For crying outl oud, Aaron Rodgers has been playing games at the Metrodome every year for 6 years. There isn't a lick of difference between Century Link and the Metrodome. The Metrodome pounds out 125-130+ db sound levels on a regular basis. It drives me nuts how there is this myth that Century Link is by far the loudest stadium in the NFL. Arrowhead is every bit as loud. The Metrodome is up there as well. The record that Century Link holds is only half a decibel louder than the loudest ever recorded at Arrowhead. I've been to games at Century Link, Arrowhead and the Metrodome. There isn't a lick of difference. Louder than your average NFL venue but its not like Century Link is on a totally different venue.

I've seen Aaron Rodgers actually draw DL offsides in incredibly loud environments. He deals with loud venues extremely well. He has the highest QB Rating in NFL history by any player at a single venue at the Metrodome.

As a Packers fan, I think Seattle is the better team and will ultimately come out on top but this should be a good game. To act like Aaron Rodgers is just going to cower because of the noise is misguided. Rodgers presents a different challenge than pocket QBs like Brees and Manning. He can do incredible things that you just can't account for sometimes. He is a very good pocket passer but is probably more dangerous by what he does off-schedule on the scramble drill. I think its going to be a tight low scoring game. I think many folks are sleeping on how balanced this Packers team is now. Back in 2012 we didn't have a running game and teams could just pin Rodgers' ears back. He still played at a high level but Eddie Lacy simply adds another dimension to this team. He's a big guy with a high motor and explodes off that first step. He doesn't have amazing top end speed but he accelerates through the line of scrimmage quickly and rarely does one guy bring him down.

strat1080

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19uxxhpk said:
PackerNation":19uxxhpk said:
chris98251":19uxxhpk said:
No nose tackle, rookie Center in the house that creates the highest false start penalties in the league against the best defense in the league last year. Lacy is a nice back, but he isn't quick and shifty and is a easy target to bring down if tackled with good technique, which we do.

I expect to us to punch the receivers for the Packers in the mouth and see how they take it. Get into their heads and Rodgers is throwing picks and the score goes up fast.

Our back up NT will be just fine. We don't have much drop off between him and Raji who was lost for the year. We will have to see what Capers has dialed up to stop Lynch and the rest of the offense. Clay is healthy and looks to be on par for another Pro Bowl season.

To be honest, our rookie starting Center (Linsley) is actually the back up to our other rookie starting Center (Tretter) who will miss the first 4-6 weeks with a bruised knee. He will have to step up in a big way. The good news for us is that he is a big, strong kid and looks to have a pretty bright future in Green Bay. Smart too. He may just surprise a few people.

Your DB's are tough and I expect a lot of contact. I also suspect the refs will stifle your aggressiveness with a lot of flags. The league wants more scoring and doesn't want WR's to be touched. This may play right into Green Bays strength of small and fast WR's that can gain separation with the best of them.

Cries refs stole game two years ago, begs the Lord Goodell that the refs give him a game this year. Perhaps you would be a better human if you hoped your players just went out and earned it?

Umm no. There is actually a league mandate to throw more flags for illegal contact and pass interference, expressly because of what Seattle did last year. Are you just being naïve???

Scottemojo

Reaction score
strat1080":2eya25u0 said:
Scottemojo":2eya25u0 said:
PackerNation":2eya25u0 said:
chris98251":2eya25u0 said:

Umm no. There is actually a league mandate to throw more flags for illegal contact and pass interference, expressly because of what Seattle did last year. Are you just being naïve???

Check and see how many violations of that league mandate Seattle's starters had in the pre-season.

What exactly do you think Seattle did? Don't be jelly just because your team isn't built to play press and can't shut down the Niners. I just can't understand fans who care more about scoring than about fundamental defense. Those aren't football fans, they are fantasy fans. Is that what you are?

Polaris

Reaction score
strat1080":i1citjo5 said:
Scottemojo":i1citjo5 said:
PackerNation":i1citjo5 said:
chris98251":i1citjo5 said:

Yeah and in all the preseason where these "points of emphasis" were highlighted, penalties for illegal contact and pass interference were way up....except for one team.

The Seattle Seahawks.

Think about it.

NINEster

Reaction score
I'll say this as a Niner fan:

Green Bay since they were beaten in the 2011 playoffs hasn't been the same. Probably because what the Giants did was demonstrate how to defeat them after Kansas City had that miracle win earlier that season. If they didn't (and the 49ers failed to beat them the following week and they became SB champs), then who knows what their overall trajectory would have been.

So they have lost 4 straight games to the 49ers, and the last one to Seattle. But they have been close in every single one of those games. The coming out game with Kaepernick and 171 yards rushing didn't start out all too great, and if the Niners didn't get that fumble recovery early in the game it's hard to know what would have happened. Eventually the Packers were dominated, but it took awhile. The last time I recall them being blown out by a big point differential was by the Giants in 2012 (who managed to do the same to the 49ers while stinking it up against the rest of the league).

I haven't kept track of what the Packers have done this offseason. I heard they lost BJ Raji. They still have Clay Matthews who has a knack of getting to the QB.

They are not as good as the Seahawks or 49ers as a TEAM, but they are up there and with Rodgers they are always a bit scary. Sacked 8 times last time he played Seattle and the game came down to the last play?

That's crazy. Granted that wasn't the same Seahawk team as now, but still.

Some of the plays he made in the season opener last year were impressive. He's one of the very few QBs in this league that legitimately worries you until the game is out of reach.

While I'd like the Packers to win this game for NFC West purposes, it would at the same time irk me to see the Packers having success in that stadium before SF. Kinda how the Broncos winning the Super Bowl would have been.

I guess what would be ideal would be a controversial win for GB, opposite of two years ago. A "W" for the standings, but an "L" when it matters. :mrgreen:

I really want to see this game, but it will start at 6:30 AM here in Diego Garcia and I start work at 7.....ugh!

PackerNation

Reaction score
NINEster":1r8t5y9z said:
I really want to see this game, but it will start at 6:30 AM here in Diego Garcia and I start work at 7.....ugh!

Diego Garcia? What are you doing out in "Dodge"?? :D I haven't been there in a long time. A few times we had to land some of our Hornets off the carrier into Dodge for emergency repairs. Last time I was there was right before the first Gulf War erupted.

The Green Bay defense in 2011 was a shell. Especially when we lost our signal caller and Pro Bowl Safety Collins for the season. Our offense was tremendous but in games where defenses rise up, you need a good defense as well and the Packers just didn't have it. We just played a terrible game as well. Niners have been our kryptonite lately. We'll see what this year brings!

Anyway, I think the Hawks, Niners, Saints and Packers will be the cream of the crop in the NFC this year. Niners might struggle a bit. Every time I hear the news about the Niners, it's nothing good. Looks like you just lost Ray McDonald for the season. Saints look tough and we play them this year as well. We have a tough road this year but I think we have a great team!

We will do our best to get that big "W" in Seattle and help out the Niners....for now! :D After all, we won't see you guys until possibly the playoffs! Until then, good luck!

If you run into a guy at Diego named Freddie London, tell him " Greetings from a former old ugly! Switchboxes!!" He'll know what it means! :D

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
MLT":15zfbr3c said:
Nah my bad no one's angry! Just tired of listening to main stream media my bad! I do disagree with your receiver breakdown though! It's more your style of offense to air it out more which is understandable with Rodgers as your guy! Anyway in my opinion there about even talent wise on the receivers! Yours get bigger numbers though no denying that! I just feel it's more style of offense playing a factor in that!

Ok, sorry for overreacting. :th2thumbs:

NINEster Here is an idea on how not to miss a good football game. https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 744AAKVGMv ....... :D

Seriously, I will be getting up at 2:30 a.m. to watch the game where I live. I would also say that all of the Packers last 4 losses to the Niners have been close except for the game where Kaepernick ran for all those yards(bad memories I went to bed at 5:30 a.m. that sunday and dreamed that the Packers had won even though the game was over)...you know.... In that game the Packers were not prepared for the read option, and the Niners killed them with it. If not for that I think that game could have taken a similar path to the last couple of times they played.

strat1080

Reaction score
NINEster":89d35hup said:
I'll say this as a Niner fan:

Green Bay since they were beaten in the 2011 playoffs hasn't been the same. Probably because what the Giants did was demonstrate how to defeat them after Kansas City had that miracle win earlier that season. If they didn't (and the 49ers failed to beat them the following week and they became SB champs), then who knows what their overall trajectory would have been.

So they have lost 4 straight games to the 49ers, and the last one to Seattle. But they have been close in every single one of those games. The coming out game with Kaepernick and 171 yards rushing didn't start out all too great, and if the Niners didn't get that fumble recovery early in the game it's hard to know what would have happened. Eventually the Packers were dominated, but it took awhile. The last time I recall them being blown out by a big point differential was by the Giants in 2012 (who managed to do the same to the 49ers while stinking it up against the rest of the league).

I haven't kept track of what the Packers have done this offseason. I heard they lost BJ Raji. They still have Clay Matthews who has a knack of getting to the QB.

They are not as good as the Seahawks or 49ers as a TEAM, but they are up there and with Rodgers they are always a bit scary. Sacked 8 times last time he played Seattle and the game came down to the last play?

That's crazy. Granted that wasn't the same Seahawk team as now, but still.

Some of the plays he made in the season opener last year were impressive. He's one of the very few QBs in this league that legitimately worries you until the game is out of reach.

While I'd like the Packers to win this game for NFC West purposes, it would at the same time irk me to see the Packers having success in that stadium before SF. Kinda how the Broncos winning the Super Bowl would have been.

I guess what would be ideal would be a controversial win for GB, opposite of two years ago. A "W" for the standings, but an "L" when it matters. :mrgreen:

Some very good points. Green Bay thought they could just beat people through the air but have tried to build a more physical team through the years. That Giants game was pretty ugly and the first two losses in 2012 to the 49ers were pretty convincing. Last year they held their own with SF in both losses. They were actually winning at Candlestick in the opener with a few minutes left in the game. They lost the playoff game to SF to a FG as time expired. Some folks are making a mistake in trying to loop Green Bay with teams like the Broncos or Saints. Green Bay has a grinding in your face run game now with Eddie Lacy. I think Green Bay is going to have one heck of a pass rush this year. I'm not sure how well they will hold up against the run. That's the concern I have right now with the loss of Raji at NT and inexperienced guys behind him.

An excellent point Rodgers. That to me is why I think he's the top QB in the NFL. You can rattle Manning as the Seahawks did. I've seen Aaron Rodgers get sacked and hit a bunch of times in a game and still perform at a high level. I remember the Super Bowl against the #1 defense in the NFL. He got hit nearly 20 times in that game but was brilliant. I think Manning would have gotten rattled under the same circumstances.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SF beat GB in the worst possible conditions they could have faced last year. In the 2012 playoffs after an early pick 6 the Niners throttled them. That was after opening the season with a road win in GB.

The Niners had a shootout with GB, but they kind of made it look easy in the 2013 opener.

The 2012 Hawks/Packers game was all Seahawks, but Wilson was soooo new and the offense was very limited. A lot has changed about the Hawks since that game, the defense is only better and the offense is night and day better.

Yes, Erin is a talented QB, everyone knows that, but there is a big difference in trying to be physical and actually doing it. The Packers aren't Niners/Hawks physical, they are forcing the issue in an attempt at it. Hawks have not opened at home in literally 4 seasons and now they are doing so in Primetime with national attention. This is not a good forecast for the Packers.

That is a lot to consider. The fans are going to be as much trouble as ever and the Packers aren't the only ones looking for revenge.

PackerNation

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2z222q5f said:
The 2012 Hawks/Packers game was all Seahawks, .

All Seahawks? It was a pretty tight game and the Packers had the lead in the 4th. We all know how it ended.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
PackerNation":1acbgnqz said:
loafoftatupu":1acbgnqz said:
The 2012 Hawks/Packers game was all Seahawks, .

All Seahawks? It was a pretty tight game and the Packers had the lead in the 4th. We all know how it ended.

It was all Seahawks but the offense couldn't score.

The Packers got a late TD following one of many crap calls in that game.

I am not some blind homer, the Packers were getting bullied in that game. The pass rush embarrassed the high powered Packer offense. They just had the luxury of playing a young QB and a very limited play book.

How many games do the Packers score 12 points and win?

We do know how it ended. The way I see it, the OPI Tate committed was just as fair as a DPI call made that was NOTHING, yet was the 3rd down conversion that allowed GB to have a TD. I don't typically make beat down predictions and I respect what GB can do, but on Thursday all the media and Packer whining that took place over the last 2 years will make the "revenge" comments look silly.

Anything can happen, but in the end it typically doesn't. I find it unlikely that GB leaves Seattle with anything remotely resembling a victory.

PackerNation

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":6he3hxu9 said:

Look at these statistics from that night:

First Downs:
Green Bay: 22
Seattle: 14

Time of possession:
Green Bay: 33.39
Seattle: 26.21

Total Plays:
Green Bay: 68
Seattle: 51

Total yards:
Green Bay: 268
Seattle: 238

3rd down efficiency
Green Bay: 7-15
Seattle: 2-11

Offensively, neither team had much going all game. Seattle had a lot of trouble converting 3rd downs all game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
PackerNation":343811fz said:
A word from the enemy and vaunted foe:

This Thursday should be an interesting game. The Seahawks boast the top ranked defense and an offense that will feature a healthy Percy Harvin. Factor in the "12th Man" and the hardest stadium in the NFL to play in for visiting teams and the Seahawks should be brimming with confidence.

But the Packers have the best QB in the NFL, a rejuvenated offensive line and a power running game featuring Eddie Lacy. The Packers offense is among the best in the NFL and our defense is a step up from the past few years.

IMO, this game will come down to how effective the Seahawks are against the Packers running game and the battle of turnovers. If Green Bay can grab the early lead and force Wilson to have to throw a lot, Green Bay stands a great chance of pulling out a victory.

If, on the other hand, the Seahawks can stuff the run and force Green Bay into 3rd and long situations, the Seahawks could rack up some good sack numbers again and get off the field.

I hope after this game we both come away with no injuries and a sour taste from horrid officiating. I'll call it now:

Packers: 28
Hawks: 27

Good luck Thursday night and for the rest of the season! I can't wait to get the 2014 season underway! All the best to your Seahawks and remember, we will be seeing each other again in the playoffs! Good luck!

Packer fans across America.

Sounds an awful lot like Bronco fans in January. Have you watched RW play much? Didn't Kaeptain One Read throw for 400+ in the opener against the Packers last year?

The perception that RW can't throw his way out of a hole is hilarious. The guy was ranked 1st in game winning drives and 2nd in comebacks last year. Has a ridiculous career passer rating for a 3rd year guy and he's only looked better thus far in the preseason. Good luck with that theory.

I think that Rodgers is the best QB in the game but unless SEA's pass rush falls flat on it's face I don't see how your team wins this game. It can happen, I just don't think that it's likely to happen.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
PackerNation":3f5nhnf9 said:
loafoftatupu":3f5nhnf9 said:

Look at these statistics from that night:

First Downs:
Green Bay: 22
Seattle: 14

Time of possession:
Green Bay: 33.39
Seattle: 26.21

Total Plays:
Green Bay: 68
Seattle: 51

Total yards:
Green Bay: 268
Seattle: 238

3rd down efficiency
Green Bay: 7-15
Seattle: 2-11

Offensively, neither team had much going all game. Seattle had a lot of trouble converting 3rd downs all game.

Just so you remember this correctly.

Rodgers was night and day ahead of Wilson at the time of this game. Wilson was TERRIBLE in the GB game, he had the one long TD to Tate and the Hail Mary to Tate. Other than that he played very poorly, he was a rookie and it showed.

That wont happen this time around, Wilson is not far behind Rodgers anymore. He will never be as accurate as Rodgers as Rodgers is probably one of the most accurate QBs of all time, but he is a better runner, and can buy more time than Rodgers, which is where Wilson really shines.

So...If GB comes in with an offensive performance anywhere similar to the last meeting this game will be a complete and udder ROUTE. Wilson is very prepared, and the Hawks are going to put up points. Can GB match up will be the question.
The Packers wont have the luxury of hanging around due to a lack of Seattle offense this round.