This one's for Les...TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ltglr0g said:
THE TABS":2ltglr0g said:
SeatownJay":2ltglr0g said:
TABS, you really should stick around more.

Admit it, you never would have said that ten years ago. :mrgreen:
I've always found you entertaining, even if you're wrong. I still remember "If Matt Hasselbeck is the answer, what the hell is the question?". :D

Which ironically enough, was one of Les' all time favorite quotes on .NET.

Great to read a TILII! Stick around Tabs! Lurking doesn't suit you. Man, I guess we should really go full circle and get a Breda Report going. :D

razgriz737

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":e1425rh3 said:
I wish Lynch would of been in petes ear today
[youtube]CF22hS7LaI8[/youtube]

Can we score more points?

Can we?

Can we?

I just wanted to make sure
Fixed your video link :p

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kearly":1m20bqd5 said:
I thought Britt was alright considering that's he's a rookie RT going up against a couple of storied pass rushers. His run blocking played a significant role in the game winning TD run too.

I'm not criticizing the OP, but I don't understand the "felt like a loss" crowd. Look at the stats. Seattle dominated this game. They won everything. Total yards, yards per play, turnovers, time of possession (by a LOT), first downs, 3rd down conversion rate, points scored... If Denver had won this because of a few mistakes by Seattle at the end they would have stolen a win.

Let's not forget that Denver is a really good football team, their DVOA under Manning is dynasty level. They gave us their best shot and still fell short.

This is the game I saw too. Denver is one of the top teams in the league. A historically great offence with a sure-fire Hall of Fame quarterback leading it. Their defense is much improved from last year. They have already proven to be a juggernaut offensively the first two games of the year.

And we held them to significantly less than they're used to; touchdowns, yards, first downs, you name it. Manning shreds defenses, and he again did not shred ours. It took a historically great offense, led by a Hall of Fame quarterback, a miracle drive in the waning seconds of the game just to tie it.

Denver is good. We're just better. Still.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":3crpre1h said:
I do have to give Denver their due. In February, there was no doubt in my mind that we were the better team taking the field in New Jersey, and the Hawks exceeded my expectations that day. Seven months later, on this day, I'd have to say that Denver has not only closed the gap, they may have passed us.
Hawks rule, cuz THE TABS and LES SAID SO!!!!
Denver did indeed close the gap, but not enough to win, so I disagree that they may have passed us.
Their Defensive Secondary is still inferior to the Seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":23pf0h8q said:
SeatownJay":23pf0h8q said:
THE TABS":23pf0h8q said:
SeatownJay":23pf0h8q said:
TABS, you really should stick around more.

Admit it, you never would have said that ten years ago. :mrgreen:
I've always found you entertaining, even if you're wrong. I still remember "If Matt Hasselbeck is the answer, what the hell is the question?". :D

Which ironically enough, was one of Les' all time favorite quotes on .NET.

Great to read a TILII! Stick around Tabs! Lurking doesn't suit you. Man, I guess we should really go full circle and get a Breda Report going. :D

Yes!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1k95dwvb said:
THE TABS":1k95dwvb said:
I do have to give Denver their due. In February, there was no doubt in my mind that we were the better team taking the field in New Jersey, and the Hawks exceeded my expectations that day. Seven months later, on this day, I'd have to say that Denver has not only closed the gap, they may have passed us.
Hawks rule, cuz THE TABS and LES SAID SO!!!!
Denver did indeed close the gap, but not enough to win, so I disagree that they may have passed us.
Their Defensive Secondary is still inferior to the Seahawks.

Denver closed the gap. Unfortunately for them they only closed it enough to match the gap, not jump over it.

We heard all this talk all offseason on if Denver could "close the gap". "Close the 35 point gap".

Someone forgot to tell them that they also needed enough pieces to surpass the Seahawks once they got there. They only added enough to tie in regulation. All their focus was on closing the gap and getting closer, not on actually beating the Seahawks. I find that hilarious that it actually played out that way.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
taco40":2y3fg8lf said:
THE TABS":2y3fg8lf said:
The offensive line continues to struggle in pass protection. Poor Justin Britt had a very long day, attempting to block Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. We have to chip for him a lot more than we did, because he's struggling over there. The pass protection has been an ongoing issue for many years now, and we absolutely can't afford to lose Wilson.

I was impressed by how well Britt played today. I don't remember any holding calls, (not that the refereeing today was stellar) and I noticed that he was often not helped to double-team the end. I can't blame one of the sacks on Britt because Wilson, when running up the middle, got in arms reach of Britt's guys (Ware?) Denver has a much improved DL and he's playing in his third reg. season game and holding his own.

The 'sack' was Von Miller. That was more Wilson not seeing him near the lane combined with a great release by an OLB who wasn't being run blockef.